GOPer's war on latinos and women

Oh, no. Some high school kid lawyering up over her free speech rights being violated over the use of the word "douchebag" tops anything I could do for absurdity.

Leave it to a trial lawyer to go to the wall over that.

How old are you?

I do agree with the mundanity of the term, and thus the irrationality of the administrator reaction to it. Which is all the more reason for legal action against such idiocy.

what the heck does that statement mean from Inhofe? would he actually say that if it were ANOTHER WHITE MALE SC justice nominee?

sheesh....white, republican men are feeling a tad threatened i suppose????????
I think they are...and it's interesting that his message is that females and/or latinos can't think objectively.

:rofl:

what a load of shit. he said nothing of the kind.
rave on, rav, rave on.

:popcorn:
How do you interpret his remark?

her ability to rule fairly without undue influence from her own personal race, gender, or political preferences.

I think they are...and it's interesting that his message is that females and/or latinos can't think objectively.

rave on, rav, rave on.

her ability to rule fairly without undue influence from her own personal race, gender, or political preferences.

Psst. Her biggest cheerleaders have said she will rule under exactly those influences.

rave on, rav, rave on.

i interpret it as a reasonable question about her abilities as a jurist.
singular. solo. pertaining only to sonia sotomayor.

rave on, rav, rave on.

Ah, so only she is a ditzy latina women. Got it. :lol:

are you this stupid in real life?

Oh, no. Some high school kid lawyering up over her free speech rights being violated over the use of the word "douchebag" tops anything I could do for absurdity.

How old are you?

I do agree with the mundanity of the term, and thus the irrationality of the administrator reaction to it. Which is all the more reason for legal action against such idiocy.

Maybe Avery Doninger was just a little too white bread for old Sonia to get her hot Latin blood boiling over...

0718-avery-doninger.jpg

In the months ahead, it will be important for those of us in the U.S. Senate to weigh her qualifications and character as well as her ability to rule fairly without undue influence from her own personal race, gender, or political preferences."
.: United States Senator James Inhofe :: Press Room :.

Seems to me that the Senate is only taking her at her word.

" Yet, because I accept the proposition that, as Judge Resnik describes it, “to judge is an exercise of power” and because as, another former law school classmate, Professor Martha Minnow of Harvard Law School, states “there is no objective stance but only a series of perspectives—no neutrality, no escape from choice in judging,” I further accept that our experiences as women and people of color affect our decisions. The aspiration to impartiality is just that—it’s an aspiration because it denies the fact that we are by our experiences making different choices than others. Not all women or people of color, in all or some circumstances or indeed in any particular case or circumstance but enough people of color in enough cases, will make a difference in the process of judging." Sonjia Sotomayor

How old are you?

Maybe Avery Doninger was just a little too white bread for old Sonia to get her hot Latin blood boiling over...

0718-avery-doninger.jpg
Yeah, I'm sure it was her hot latin blood that caused her ruling on this case.

On May 29th, 2008, a US Second Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a lower court ruling that the administration had acted within the bounds of their authority. The court made the ruling not so much because of the "douchebags" comment, but because her encouragement of students to contact the administration could cause a "foreseeable risk of substantial disruption to the work and discipline of the school."
Lewis S. Mills High School - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Students are required to follow school rules and threatening to disrupt the work and the discipline of the school is grounds for punishment by the school.

What a laugh riot that right wing nuts are okay with anything done against a school.

0718-avery-doninger.jpg
Yeah, I'm sure it was her hot latin blood that caused her ruling on this case.

On May 29th, 2008, a US Second Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a lower court ruling that the administration had acted within the bounds of their authority. The court made the ruling not so much because of the "douchebags" comment, but because her encouragement of students to contact the administration could cause a "foreseeable risk of substantial disruption to the work and discipline of the school."
Lewis S. Mills High School - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Students are required to follow school rules and threatening to disrupt the work and the discipline of the school is grounds for punishment by the school.

What a laugh riot that right wing nuts are okay with anything done against a school.

Don't look at me. Your boy Agnoprostate is the one going to the wall for the little douchebag.

"White man racist nominee would be forced to withdraw. Latina woman racist should also withdraw," Gingrich wrote.

That would be WOMAN - singular. WOMEN - plural. Why do so many people not get that???

Now Newt has twittered that she's a latina racist.

:lol:

Do you really believe that the color of someone's skin determines whether or not that person can be a racist? How ironic.

ravi proves once again how big of a troll she is....

there is no GOP war on latinos and women...she takes one quote from ONE person and attributes it to the entire party. god forbid anyone criticise a latina, holy shit pile, they must be racist!!!!!!!!!!!

In the months ahead, it will be important for those of us in the U.S. Senate to weigh her qualifications and character as well as her ability to rule fairly without undue influence from her own personal race, gender, or political preferences."
.: United States Senator James Inhofe :: Press Room :.

nothing he said was wrong, why don't you be honest and post the whole thing, you bitch all the time when someone posts something out of context....

"Without doubt, Judge Sotomayor's personal life story is truly inspiring. I congratulate her on being nominated. As the U.S. Senate begins the confirmation process, I look forward to looking closer at her recent rulings and her judicial philosophy.

"Of primary concern to me is whether or not Judge Sotomayor follows the proper role of judges and refrains from legislating from the bench. Some of her recent comments on this matter have given me cause for great concern. In the months ahead, it will be important for those of us in the U.S. Senate to weigh her qualifications and character as well as her ability to rule fairly without undue influence from her own personal race, gender, or political preferences."

rave on, rav, rave on.

Right. Just like she is so dumb, and such a bully, and so hot around the collar.

I mean its not like she went to YLS. Or Princeton. Or has been a federal judge for a number of years. Or like people have actually cited something, anything, of hers to support that proposition.

Why no issues of race and gender when Alito was nominated? Why didn't conservatives wonder about whether he was selected since he was a white male? This seems an extremely reasonable thing to wonder about considering there have been over a hundred white males on the USSC, and no latinas.

Forum List

Back