GOPer's war on latinos and women

In the months ahead, it will be important for those of us in the U.S. Senate to weigh her qualifications and character as well as her ability to rule fairly without undue influence from her own personal race, gender, or political preferences."
.: United States Senator James Inhofe :: Press Room :.

nothing he said was wrong, why don't you be honest and post the whole thing, you bitch all the time when someone posts something out of context....

"Without doubt, Judge Sotomayor's personal life story is truly inspiring. I congratulate her on being nominated. As the U.S. Senate begins the confirmation process, I look forward to looking closer at her recent rulings and her judicial philosophy.

"Of primary concern to me is whether or not Judge Sotomayor follows the proper role of judges and refrains from legislating from the bench. Some of her recent comments on this matter have given me cause for great concern. In the months ahead, it will be important for those of us in the U.S. Senate to weigh her qualifications and character as well as her ability to rule fairly without undue influence from her own personal race, gender, or political preferences."

Did he wonder if Alito would be able to rule fairly without undue influence from his own personal race, gender, or political preference?

How do you interpret his remark?

her ability to rule fairly without undue influence from her own personal race, gender, or political preferences.

i interpret it as a reasonable question about her abilities as a jurist.
singular. solo. pertaining only to sonia sotomayor.

Right. Just like she is so dumb, and such a bully, and so hot around the collar.

I mean its not like she went to YLS. Or Princeton. Or has been a federal judge for a number of years. Or like people have actually cited something, anything, of hers to support that proposition.

Why no issues of race and gender when Alito was nominated? Why didn't conservatives wonder about whether he was selected since he was a white male? This seems an extremely reasonable thing to wonder about considering there have been over a hundred white males on the USSC, and no latinas.

she made the comment about her race moron, thus she opened the door

ravi proves once again how big of a troll she is....

there is no GOP war on latinos and women...she takes one quote from ONE person and attributes it to the entire party. god forbid anyone criticise a latina, holy shit pile, they must be racist!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeesh, you get dumber by the day. I said GOPer NOT GOP, hahahahaha! Guilty conscience?

ravi proves once again how big of a troll she is....

there is no GOP war on latinos and women...she takes one quote from ONE person and attributes it to the entire party. god forbid anyone criticise a latina, holy shit pile, they must be racist!!!!!!!!!!!

Where were they when the left was dumping on poor Alberto? Guess his race didn't matter then? :lol:

nothing he said was wrong, why don't you be honest and post the whole thing, you bitch all the time when someone posts something out of context....

"Without doubt, Judge Sotomayor's personal life story is truly inspiring. I congratulate her on being nominated. As the U.S. Senate begins the confirmation process, I look forward to looking closer at her recent rulings and her judicial philosophy.

"Of primary concern to me is whether or not Judge Sotomayor follows the proper role of judges and refrains from legislating from the bench. Some of her recent comments on this matter have given me cause for great concern. In the months ahead, it will be important for those of us in the U.S. Senate to weigh her qualifications and character as well as her ability to rule fairly without undue influence from her own personal race, gender, or political preferences."

Did he wonder if Alito would be able to rule fairly without undue influence from his own personal race, gender, or political preference?

stop playing stupid, you've won the game....

she made race an issue, NOT the senator....she made her race a factor and said she was better able to make a decision than a white male....

It cracks me up everytime there is a need for a new Supreme Court judge. If the Republicians are in charge, the Democrats will do everything they can do to block a nomination from a Republican President. If the Democrats are in charge, it's the very same way from the Republician side. This has been pretty much the way it goes for as long as I can remember. I am willing to wager that if Mickey Mouse was nonimated for a seat on the Supreme Court, if it was a Republician President that made the nomination, Democrats would be opposed because he is a male mouse and subject to the logic of a rat. If a Democrat made the nomination, Repbulicians would be opposed because they have no idea of how he might feel on important issues like Freedom to Choose Cheese or may disagree because he is a bit too mousey. Why can't Congress come together, as we elect them to do, and approve a person who is interested in upholding the US Constitution, regardless of political party membership and not try to reinvent the wheel?

i interpret it as a reasonable question about her abilities as a jurist.
singular. solo. pertaining only to sonia sotomayor.

Right. Just like she is so dumb, and such a bully, and so hot around the collar.

I mean its not like she went to YLS. Or Princeton. Or has been a federal judge for a number of years. Or like people have actually cited something, anything, of hers to support that proposition.

Why no issues of race and gender when Alito was nominated? Why didn't conservatives wonder about whether he was selected since he was a white male? This seems an extremely reasonable thing to wonder about considering there have been over a hundred white males on the USSC, and no latinas.

And funnily enough, nobody has quoted the full remarks from her. Hell, you didn't even quote the full sentence.

nice try ravi, even care knew what you really meant and you agreed with her

what the heck does that statement mean from Inhofe? would he actually say that if it were ANOTHER WHITE MALE SC justice nominee?

sheesh....white, republican men are feeling a tad threatened i suppose????????

what the heck does that statement mean from Inhofe? would he actually say that if it were ANOTHER WHITE MALE SC justice nominee?

sheesh....white, republican men are feeling a tad threatened i suppose????????
I think they are...and it's interesting that his message is that females and/or latinos can't think objectively.

as can be seen, you believe this is a gop war, primarily WHITE MEN....don't play stupid, nik has you beat on that playground

stop playing stupid, you've won the game....

she made race an issue, NOT the senator....she made her race a factor and said she was better able to make a decision than a white male....

Umm, no, she didn't. Try reading her full remarks.

And funnily enough, nobody has quoted the full remarks from her. Hell, you didn't even quote the full sentence.

and this has what to do with HER opening the door to race....um, nothing, just a strawman distraction becuase of your epic fail

Last edited:
I wonder what Clarence Thomas has to say about her statement regarding her ethnicity and judgment.

I seem to recall Chuck Schumer stating that there is no need to rush through the vetting process with Alito. I see no reason to switch feet now. This person who may impact all of our lives for the next 3 or 4 decades should be properly examined and, if found wanting, shouldn't prompt the gender or race card backlash. I mean, I know it's not in fashion to be a white male these days but we were ONLY the very people who created this nation.

I wonder what Clarence Thomas has to say about her statement regarding her ethnicity and judgment.

I seem to recall Chuck Schumer stating that there is no need to rush through the vetting process with Alito. I see no reason to switch feet now. This person who may impact all of our lives for the next 3 or 4 decades should be properly examined and, if found wanting, shouldn't prompt the gender or race card backlash. I mean, I know it's not in fashion to be a white male these days but we were ONLY the very people who created this nation.

That's the problem Shogun, they don't like this nation the way it is, and seek to mold it into what they think it should be. Their practice of pitting minority groups against the mainstream and each other is going to backfire on them at some point. You can't make all of the people happy all of the time, and this 'guilt' trip that they're always trying to pin onto the majority is starting to get old and flat, mostly because it's bogus. People are getting tired of it.

and this has what to do with HER opening the door to race....um, nothing, just a strawman distraction becuase of your epic fail

Oh noes...she talked about the fact that she was latina once. This somehow opens up the door for someone to say her race unduly influences her? Thats quite a stretch there, dumbshit.

There is no reason to rush through the vetting process. But nor is there a reason to condemn her because shes latina, or knows that shes latina, or has experiences racism because she is latina and has pointed that out.

Its not in fashion to be a white male? I know...we are just so underprivileged these days. We barely have anyone in the Senate, or in the House, barely control any governorships, barely have anyone on the USSC, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

Oh noes...she talked about the fact that she was latina once. This somehow opens up the door for someone to say her race unduly influences her? Thats quite a stretch there, dumbshit.

It goes beyond that. She talked about the fact that her being a latina and female gave her better judgement over a white male. Why a white male? Why not a black male? Why not a white female? She opened the door with her comments. If, God forbid, a white male had made those exact same comments about another ethnic group and it came out the day after their nomination, they'd be finished.

It goes beyond that. She talked about the fact that her being a latina and female gave her better judgement over a white male. Why a white male? Why not a black male? Why not a white female? She opened the door with her comments. If, God forbid, a white male had made those exact same comments about another ethnic group and it came out the day after their nomination, they'd be finished.

Let me guess. You haven't read her full comments.

Forum List

Back