GOP Strategist Behind Republican Obstruction Of Obama Now Laughably Calling For Compromise

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
In an op-ed for The New York Times that was published Thursday, Republican strategist and pollster Frank Luntz said that after winning the Senate majority, Republicans should work with Democrats and President Obama to find “common-sense solutions” to a number of issues. However, Luntz is one of the key figures behind the GOP obstruction that has plagued Washington since Obama was elected President six years ago. The famed Republican wordsmith was one of the organizers behind the infamous inauguration night dinner in 2009.

It was at that dinner, as Obama was celebrating his inauguration as America’s first black president, that Luntz and other influential Republicans gathered and decided that they would cause as much gridlock as possible in order to regain control of the House, Senate and White House. Republicans gained control of the House in 2010 during the Tea Party wave, thanks mostly to their objections over healthcare reform. Despite not winning the Senate or White House in 2012, the GOP continued their obstructionist tactics throughout Obama’s second term. Now that they took the upper chamber, many are now striking a conciliatory tone and claiming they want to work on bipartisan solutions.

I'm not ready to play nice.

Neither are conservatives. I'd love to see the Republicans treat Democrats like Pelosi and Reid treated the GOP when they held both houses.

Change locks on doors. Turn out lights. :lol: Oh I'd love to see them pay them back big time.

Boy, those Republicans really screwed up by not going along with the first black president! No one is going to vote for them any more.

In an op-ed for The New York Times that was published Thursday, Republican strategist and pollster Frank Luntz said that after winning the Senate majority, Republicans should work with Democrats and President Obama to find “common-sense solutions” to a number of issues. However, Luntz is one of the key figures behind the GOP obstruction that has plagued Washington since Obama was elected President six years ago. The famed Republican wordsmith was one of the organizers behind the infamous inauguration night dinner in 2009.

It was at that dinner, as Obama was celebrating his inauguration as America’s first black president, that Luntz and other influential Republicans gathered and decided that they would cause as much gridlock as possible in order to regain control of the House, Senate and White House. Republicans gained control of the House in 2010 during the Tea Party wave, thanks mostly to their objections over healthcare reform. Despite not winning the Senate or White House in 2012, the GOP continued their obstructionist tactics throughout Obama’s second term. Now that they took the upper chamber, many are now striking a conciliatory tone and claiming they want to work on bipartisan solutions.

Neither am I. Especially since the legislation that they want to pass will hurt millions of Americans.

The Dixie Chicks put how I feel very well:

▶ Dixie Chicks - Not Ready To Make Nice - YouTube

Luntz is right, of course. He's a smart guy.
What does the GOP achieve by not pushign for everything on their agenda?

When "pushing their agenda" = not getting anything done, the GOP doesn't really "achieve" anything.

If it is even possible for the GOP to pass a bill that is on their agenda in the Senate, Obama will probably veto it. All it accomplishes is putting the blame on obstructionism where it belonged for the last six years. Obama will have to veto it instead of Reid or one of his committees shelving it.

Neither are conservatives. I'd love to see the Republicans treat Democrats like Pelosi and Reid treated the GOP when they held both houses.

Change locks on doors. Turn out lights. :lol: Oh I'd love to see them pay them back big time.

I don't understand that and it makes me so sad to read it. :(

Government is NOT supposed to be a game of "winner take all" in a war of ideologies.

Government is supposed to keep the trains running on time and the bridges from collapsing and the constant bitching and bickering over something as stupid as ideology in that context is making us look quite stupid from space.

:hmpf: It's no wonder nobody ever visits.​

Neither am I. Especially since the legislation that they want to pass will hurt millions of Americans.

The Dixie Chicks put how I feel very well:

▶ Dixie Chicks - Not Ready To Make Nice - YouTube
How is rolling back the failed policies of the Democrats hurting anyone except union thugs and bureaucrats?

The Democrat priority should be to make them a 1 term majority :rofl:

Government is NOT supposed to be a game of "winner take all" in a war of ideologies.

Government is supposed to keep the trains running on time and the bridges from collapsing and the constant bitching and bickering over something as stupid as ideology in that context is making us look quite stupid from space.

:hmpf: It's no wonder nobody ever visits.

When "pushing their agenda" = not getting anything done, the GOP doesn't really "achieve" anything.

If it is even possible for the GOP to pass a bill that is on their agenda in the Senate, Obama will probably veto it. All it accomplishes is putting the blame on obstructionism where it belonged for the last six years. Obama will have to veto it instead of Reid or one of his committees shelving it.

... which is a good thing.

SO what should they do? Push the Democrat agenda? THey were elected specifically to do a job, namely roll back the failed policies of Barack Hussein Obama.

No, they were elected to govern. The revenge fantasies only exist in your head.

The House has spent the last 4 years passing bills they knew would never become law. They can't do that now that they control both houses. If they don't actually get down to business and instead focusing on nonsense like repealing Obamacare another 50 times they're not going to keep their double majority very long.

The Democrat priority should be to make them a 1 term majority :rofl:

:hmpf: It's no wonder nobody ever visits.

I was just parodying Mitch McConnel

Forum List

Back