GOP lawyer Ken Starr batting for Epstein - book claims

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Ken Starr, the lawyer who hounded Bill Clinton over his affair with Monica Lewinsky, waged a “scorched-earth” legal campaign to persuade federal prosecutors to drop a sex-trafficking case against the billionaire financier Jeffrey Epstein relating to the abuse of multiple underaged girls, according to a new book.

In Perversion of Justice the Miami Herald reporter Julie K Brown writes about Starr’s role in securing the secret 2008 sweetheart deal that granted Epstein effective immunity from federal prosecution. The author, who is credited with blowing open the cover-up, calls Starr a “fixer” who “used his political connections in the White House to get the Justice Department to review Epstein’s case”.

This is hardly the narrative that my right wing friends on here have been pushing. I thought that Epstein was a dem stooge and Staar was the hero who persecuted |Clinton over a wank. And yet here he is using his GOP contacts to get a paedo off the hook.

It just doesnt make sense. Please join me in condemning Mr Staar for his moral void.

Starr knows if this ever goes anywhere his name would be prominently brought up along with many others. This is not a partisan issue. Sadly we cant come together to demand answers.

Since when are lawyers responsible for their clients' misdeeds? Johnny Cochrane isn't responsible for the Juice's alleged crimes and Clarence Darrow was never blamed for the murder committed by Leopold and Loeb.

Since when are lawyers responsible for their clients' misdeeds? Johnny Cochrane isn't responsible for the Juice's alleged crimes and Clarence Darrow was never blamed for the murder committed by Leopold and Loeb.

Starr's doesn't want his name drug through the mud as one of the guys that helped get Epstein his easy sentence in Florida.

Starr's doesn't want his name drug through the mud as one of the guys that helped get Epstein his easy sentence in Florida.

I guess that only means that Mr. Starr isn't interested in taking on new legal clients at age 74. There are a lot of guilty people out there that need effective representation, and the kind of result that Starr apparently got for Epstein is exactly what they would want to, for themselves.

I guess that only means that Mr. Starr isn't interested in taking on new legal clients at age 74. There are a lot of guilty people out there that need effective representation, and the kind of result that Starr apparently got for Epstein is exactly what they would want to, for themselves.

No, would you want to go down in history the guy that helped get a person like Epstein a light sentence?

No, would you want to go down in history the guy that helped get a person like Epstein a light sentence?

Maybe.

Do you think that Clarence Darrow would have been upset that he went down in history as the guy who got Leopold and Loeb off with light sentences after their vicious hate crime in Chicago?

Maybe.

Do you think that Clarence Darrow would have been upset that he went down in history as the guy who got Leopold and Loeb off with light sentences after their vicious hate crime in Chicago?

I consider a life sentence as the harshest that should be gave out.

Attorneys are supposed to zealously represent their clients without regard to guilt or innocence. The guilty are just as entitled to an advocate as the innocent. Ken Starr is just being a good lawyer.

Attorneys are supposed to zealously represent their clients without regard to guilt or innocence. The guilty are just as entitled to an advocate as the innocent. Ken Starr is just being a good lawyer.

Ken knew that getting Epstein a light sentence would mean many more young girls would be abused. No, that should not be what lawyers do.

Starr knew who Epstein was.

Ken knew that getting Epstein a light sentence would mean many more young girls would be abused. No, that should not be what lawyers do.

Starr knew what the allegations against Epstein were, he didn't know that they were true or if he wouldn't straighten up his ways after a lighter sentence.

There’s a difference between defending your client in court and calling on your buddies in government to get the charges reduced.

Starr knew what the allegations against Epstein were, he didn't know that they were true or if he wouldn't straighten up his ways after a lighter sentence.

Starr knew.

There’s a difference between defending your client in court and calling on your buddies in government to get the charges reduced.

That's what lawyers do, intervene on the behalf of their clients to government officials. I was in a joint drinking with a semi-prominent defense attorney I went to school with. Into the joint came a prosecutor as well as a detective. Talking about different cases , etc., \\

That's the business they chose, to make deals and get cases processed.

That's what lawyers do, intervene on the behalf of their clients to government officials. I was in a joint drinking with a semi-prominent defense attorney I went to school with. Into the joint came a prosecutor as well as a detective. Talking about different cases , etc., \\

Ah. So you’re okay with lawyers being corrupt.

I’m not.

I’m not.

There is nothing "corrupt" about lawyers sitting around in a bar talking about and rectifying cases

I’m not.

There is nothing "corrupt" about lawyers sitting around in a bar talking about and rectifying cases
It’s incredibly corrupt to think a person may not have to face charges because they can give money to a lawyer who is buddies with the prosecutor.

Like, disgustingly corrupt.

Forum List

Back