GOP hates Biden's oil reserve profit machine; House Votes on Strategic Oil Usage

I said that's what it was designed for, not for a President to try and make sure his mistakes didn't affect an election outcome.

Origins

The need for a national oil storage reserve has been recognized for at least five decades.

Secretary of the Interior Harold Ickes advocated the stockpiling of emergency crude oil in 1944. President Truman's Minerals Policy Commission proposed a strategic oil supply in 1952. President Eisenhower suggested an oil reserve after the 1956 Suez Crisis. The Cabinet Task Force on Oil Import Control recommended a similar reserve in 1970.

But few events so dramatically underscored the need for a strategic oil reserve as the 1973-74 oil embargo. The cutoff of oil flowing into the United States from the Arab members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), in response to American aid to Israel during the Yom Kippur War, sent economic shockwaves throughout the Nation. In the aftermath of the oil crises, the United States established the SPR.
So again it can be used for a time in need. Thank you for confirming.

So again it can be used for a time in need. Thank you for confirming.

There wasn't a need. There was no shortage of fuel. He used it for political purposes putting our country in potential danger all to minimize the damage in the mid terms. But Democrats are like children, so now this House is working on creating regulation so no future President can abuse our resources for political gain again.

Democrat party--Party first, country second.

Joe Biden initiated a $3.7B windfall in profits by selling at the high and buying back into the reserve at a low. Now the GOP wants to stop that from ever happening again! This is how the GOP wants to "help" you. By passing legislation that will never pass to virtue signal that they hate profitable decision making by a democrat.

Republicans, who spent two days this week voting on amendments and passing the measure, have sought to blame last year's surge in gasoline prices on Biden's green energy policies, which they contend have crimped U.S. oil production, sending prices and inflation skyrocketing. Gasoline prices peaked at a record national average $5.05 per gallon in June, but declined steadily over the next three months.
Biden has crushed oil !!!!

Biden's timely SPR releases saved the day.

Trump's best buddy putin invaded Ukraine, with Trump's blessing, but its Biden to the resuce.

There wasn't a need. There was no shortage of fuel. He used it for political purposes putting our country in potential danger all to minimize the damage in the mid terms. But Democrats are like children, so now this House is working on creating regulation so no future President can abuse our resources for political gain again.

Trump's best buddy Putin invaded Ukraine and cut off energy to Europe (which gets 40% of it energy from Russia), this caused oil and gas to surge, Biden crushed that

Biden saved the day with his timely SPR release, and the SPR has plenty of oil in it for more releases.

You're just mad because gas prices have dropped as you are rooting for America to fail like a traitor.

Don;t worry Biden will have more SPR releases, so you can cry even more. Your dreams of $5 gas won't happen because Biden will stop that.

Last edited:

Do you even read the garbage you spew so confidently?

Gas prices went up because of a shortage of oil internationally. NO one but you disputes that moron

Gas prices went up because of a shortage of oil internationally. NO one but you disputes that moron

But you could still buy gasoline. That's the point. You may not like the price, but be smart next time and don't vote Democrat. The SR was not created if the prices are too high, it was created if we ever got into a situation where we couldn't get enough fuel to supply the country like back in the Nixon days where you could only get gas on even or odd days based on your license plate. Lines were long out into the street and some people that lived a long way from work were running out of gasoline and couldn't get more. Cars back then didn't get nearly the MPG that cars today get.

But you could still buy gasoline. That's the point. You may not like the price, but be smart next time and don't vote Democrat. The SR was not created if the prices are too high, it was created if we ever got into a situation where we couldn't get enough fuel to supply the country like back in the Nixon days where you could only get gas on even or odd days based on your license plate. Lines were long out into the street and some people that lived a long way from work were running out of gasoline and couldn't get more. Cars back then didn't get nearly the MPG that cars today get.
Yea...you could buy it at a highly increased cost...BECAUSE OF THE SHORTAGE.

Releasing oil from the SPR helped bring that cost down.

Say thank you President Biden and shut the fuck up

Hey's a whinny little crybaby that is mad because Biden crushed the price of oil.

These people are traitors and they are rooting for America to fail because Bush and Trump were failed presidents with failed results, terrible results. They are rooting for oil to be $150+ because they are rooting for America to fail.

After the total failures of Bush and Trump these MAGA republicans can;t stand to see Biden better than Trump, Trump had world record deficits, world record FED stimulus, world record fake money printing and they are trying to pin that all on Biden.

Yea...you could buy it at a highly increased cost...BECAUSE OF THE SHORTAGE.

Releasing oil from the SPR helped bring that cost down.

Say thank you President Biden and shut the fuck up

Yeah, thank you Biden for attacking our resources making it so expensive to buy fuel and then putting the country in danger by using our emergency oil. Now you see why you people should never be leading our country for anything?

Every move every politician makes has political motivation to it. You ignore it when your team does it. But actually there was a need for it, and now it will be bought back for a lower cost.

Every move every politician makes has political motivation to it. You ignore it when your team does it. But actually there was a need for it, and now it will be bought back for a lower cost.

When our team does it? Have any examples of that?

How about investigate the investigators? How is that going? As a matter of fact it is turning into quite the lil cluster fuck for your team!

By the way how have you been doing with your ailment here the last few months since last I inquired?

Thanks for asking. It's kind of up in the air right now. I started having serious reactions to one of the drugs they were giving me. They didn't use it last time and my numbers are going the wrong way. They said they can administer it slower with additional drugs to make the body accept it, but that's questionable if it will work and I don't want to go through that again. I thought I was going to die the last time. So we'll see. If I can't use that drug anymore, the alternative is the drug that makes you go bald, and I always loved my hair. I was blessed with a good head of hair and the bald look just wouldn't look good on me. So we'll see. Again, thanks for your concern, it's appreciated.

Investigating the investigators is not the same as putting our country in jeopardy for political gain. There is no political gain in investigations. There is political gain by not informing people the current President was illegally taking documents until after the election. There is political gain by the FBI instructing social media to not inform the people about the Hunter laptop. There is political gain by using our tax dollars to buy votes like college loan relief that if it goes through, will put our country another near half-trillion in debt for vote buying. There is political gain in allowing our country to be overrun with illegals that count in the US Census as citizens to unfairly get more Democrat representation in Congress.

Thanks for asking. It's kind of up in the air right now. I started having serious reactions to one of the drugs they were giving me. They didn't use it last time and my numbers are going the wrong way. They said they can administer it slower with additional drugs to make the body accept it, but that's questionable if it will work and I don't want to go through that again. I thought I was going to die the last time. So we'll see. If I can't use that drug anymore, the alternative is the drug that makes you go bald, and I always loved my hair. I was blessed with a good head of hair and the bald look just wouldn't look good on me. So we'll see. Again, thanks for your concern, it's appreciated.

Investigating the investigators is not the same as putting our country in jeopardy for political gain. There is no political gain in investigations. There is political gain by not informing people the current President was illegally taking documents until after the election. There is political gain by the FBI instructing social media to not inform the people about the Hunter laptop. There is political gain by using our tax dollars to buy votes like college loan relief that if it goes through, will put our country another near half-trillion in debt for vote buying. There is political gain in allowing our country to be overrun with illegals that count in the US Census as citizens to unfairly get more Democrat representation in Congress.

Damn bro, sorry to hear that, my prayers for however good they will do you are there for you.

The country is not in jeopardy because if war did break out any oil needed would NOT be exported but kept here for all war and domestic needs to be met.

All things politicians do are for political gain by their own party and themselves. Every single 1 of them. Every 1 of them.

Joe Biden initiated a $3.7B windfall in profits by selling at the high and buying back into the reserve at a low. Now the GOP wants to stop that from ever happening again! This is how the GOP wants to "help" you. By passing legislation that will never pass to virtue signal that they hate profitable decision making by a democrat.

Republicans, who spent two days this week voting on amendments and passing the measure, have sought to blame last year's surge in gasoline prices on Biden's green energy policies, which they contend have crimped U.S. oil production, sending prices and inflation skyrocketing. Gasoline prices peaked at a record national average $5.05 per gallon in June, but declined steadily over the next three months.
But is back up again today.

So the whole idea of selling the oil to help ease prices for Americans was a farce. That is why it did not affect fuel prices at all. So we released the strategic reserves for no reason. More government lies.
The reason for reducing the oil reserves is to reduce or eliminate oil to be used by the military in time of war. Fuckwad Biden is preparing for military conflict with China. He intends a very short war. Sell our hardware to Ukraine to be sold off and kicked back to Biden. Sell our reserve oil off. Experts say that we should be fully defeated within a week.

Damn bro, sorry to hear that, my prayers for however good they will do you are there for you.

The country is not in jeopardy because if war did break out any oil needed would NOT be exported but kept here for all war and domestic needs to be met.

All things politicians do are for political gain by their own party and themselves. Every single 1 of them. Every 1 of them.

That's not really how it works. In order to stop exports we would need to get out of the market which would be the dumbest thing we could do. The market has regulations so you're either in or you're out. You can't say you're in the market when times are good and bow out when they're bad.

It's like when the story came out that Biden was selling oil to China. He had no control over where the oil is sold to. It goes out into the global market and he doesn't control where the oil goes.

So if we did run into a problem with oil due to war or some national emergency, we're fd because we drained our emergency resources.

The first person the shop owner contacted was the FBI. When they didn't do anything with it, then he contacted his rep. Don't give me that "helped a little" it turned the election completely around and now all America is suffering for it.

The Republicans fought against draining our strategic reserves because for one, that's not what it's there for. Two, it put us in a vulnerable position in the event we really needed the oil. Three, it fooled America into thinking he never had an anti-energy stance, even though that was part of his campaign.

Hiding the documents was more than problematic, it once again is hiding the truth from Americans, that's more than problematic. Furthermore, statistics show that voters between the ages of 18 and 29 voted Democrats for midterms at 63%. Dementia trying to use our tax dollars for vote buying, and if successful, would put us nearly another half-trillion in debt.
In regards to the Hunter Biden laptop. The shop owner did contact the FBI and they took possession of the laptop. The shop owner didn't contact his representative, he contacted Mike Lee, the junior senator from Utah, strange. Lee wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole. The owner then gave a copy of the hard drive to Rudy. At no point has the shop owner claimed to have taken the laptop from Hunter Biden, even saying he never "saw" the person that bought in the laptop.

Occam's Razor applies here. Who takes in a laptop and then forgets about it, especially when it is full of incriminating evidence and files titled "salacious pics". In contrast the entire fiasco comes straight from the Russian disinformation playbook.

Now, to tapping the Strategic Oil Reserve. I believe I have sufficiently documented, with your help, that Biden tapped it precisely how it was intended to be utilized. A sharp decline in the supply of oil due to wartime support of an ally. While the reserve has been tapped many times since its creation, Biden's actions are the first time that it was tapped under the very conditions that it was created to alleviate.

If Biden has had an "anti-energy" stance it sure is not showing up in the numbers. As of October 2022 domestic oil production had almost reached the highest level of the Trump administration, December 2019. When the final numbers come in domestic oil production in 2022 will exceed every single year of the Trump administration outside of 2019, and 2023 will break that record. Natural gas production is off the chain, significantly higher than during Trump's tenure.

If we have learned anything over the past several years it should be that presidents have very little control over the energy market. Market forces reign supreme and the idea that statements Biden made on the campaign trail somehow have a bigger effect on oil company direction than market dynamics is laughable, and record breaking profits are the proof in the pudding. Companies will drill baby drill when they can make a profit.

My oldest son works in the energy sector. He started his job at the onset of the Trump administration, and was very excited about the future. He is a research scientist, and anticipated much funding from both the public and private sector during the Trump administration. Like you, and others, he was strongly opposed to Biden, and Covid had already resulted in a large cut in funding from the private sector. It turns out, those worries were unwarranted. Market forces have resulted in an explosion in funding from the private sector and the Build Back America bill established increased public funding. He has been busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest.

Forum List

Back