GOP forced to introduce a bill to try to stop the Biden family's out of control corruption

I already posted my argument, you decided to ignore it and post nonsense about “feelings”.

I posted rationale why this Republican bill is unconstitutional and why mechanisms already exist to uncover corruption while preserving constitutional protections of private citizens.

You ignore it.
you rambled on about "something law blah blah" with no link back to said law. you feel i should simply take your word for it when i know damn good and well you'd not take mine. i even commented:

"so - no links just more of your righteous indignation"

and told you ahead of time this is exactly what you would do.

i plainly state *I* am showing links and you will say "it's different cause i say so" and never provide external proof of how you FEEL it is.

damn son. you an open book i stopped reading in kindergarten.

you rambled on about "something law blah blah" with no link back to said law. you feel i should simply take your word for it when i know damn good and well you'd not take mine. i even commented:

"so - no links just more of your righteous indignation"

and told you ahead of time this is exactly what you would do.

i plainly state *I* am showing links and you will say "it's different cause i say so" and never provide external proof of how you FEEL it is.

damn son. you an open book i stopped reading in kindergarten.
What kind of link are you asking for? I thought you’d have a reasonable understanding of how the 4th amendment works.

What kind of link are you asking for? I thought you’d have a reasonable understanding of how the 4th amendment works.
again - no links. you say "the law covers this"

which law?
which part of said law?
how does it apply here?

you want to long range shooting with a shotgun approach and i don't play that.

i would have thought you'd have a reasonable understanding of how common sense works.

What Career? No one was buying art from no this talent addict before-----Like his ceo gigs, he isn't qualified and no one would be doing so if not because the bribe crime syndicate.
Possibly not but there is nothing wrong with profiting from your parents name or position. As long as he isnt involving his dad, whats the big deal?
Crackheads need jobs too

again - no links. you say "the law covers this"

which law?
which part of said law?
how does it apply here?

you want to long range shooting with a shotgun approach and i don't play that.

i would have thought you'd have a reasonable understanding of how common sense works.
Did you read what the thread is about? The GOP introduced a law attempting to force the president’s adult children to file financial disclosure.

I assume when someone participates in the thread, they’ve taken the time to understand what the subject of the thread is.

How come a presidents family members have to give up their careers because one of their family members are President?

The bill won't see the light of day. Which may be good or bad depending how general it is to prohibit these things in this and future administrations. There was some issue raised about foreigners staying at Trump's hotel in Washington to gain favor, so it isn't a new issue.

Give me a reason to believe that’s not the case.
you are so fucking hilarious. you'd NEVER allow trump to have anon business dealings like this through the office or his family.

and i would 100% agree trump should NOT be allowed to do that.
neither should the biden or ANY OTHER PRESIDENTIAL FAMILY.

you only hold laws to those you don't like. the rest, meh.

you are so fucking hilarious. you'd NEVER allow trump to have anon business dealings like this through the office or his family.

and i would 100% agree trump should NOT be allowed to do that.
neither should the biden or ANY OTHER PRESIDENTIAL FAMILY.

you only hold laws to those you don't like. the rest, meh.
We did allow his family to have private business dealings. The family who weren’t in government had no financial disclosures.

Out of curiosity, did you ever demand that Eric Trump have a financial disclosure before now? Or is this a new opinion?

The fact that congressional republicans think a law needs to be passed to stop the corruption in the president's family indicates a pretty sad time for Americans.

We did allow his family to have private business dealings. The family who weren’t in government had no financial disclosures.

Out of curiosity, did you ever demand that Eric Trump have a financial disclosure before now? Or is this a new opinion?
what was he doing anonymously through the white house?

nothing.

back to something more useful like putting toothpaste back into the tube.

what was he doing anonymously through the white house?

nothing.

back to something more useful like putting toothpaste back into the tube.
What do you mean “through the White House”? The sales are going through an art dealer.
Doing the sales anonymously protects them from corruption since it’s hard to do people favors for their cash if you don’t know who is providing the cash. That’s more then any of the Trumps would do.

here we go again. Jesus Christ. You sheep are a PLAGUE
I defended them for years. I defended them in THIS thread.
Fuck you

Ok, so you defended him...my apologies...BUT, do we really think that it is ok for foreign entities to funnel money for favor by the POTUS, through his son? Why don't we know who exactly is buying this crap "art"? Remember in politics it is the inpropriety but rather the appearence of such that gets people into hot water...

How sad. The Biden crime family sees the presidency (and indeed our democracy) as nothing more than another revenue stream for them.

Let's see if the Robinettes on the board can discuss this without immediately running to their soggy wet security blanket, Donald Trump. I doubt it.

Hunter Biden’s artwork dealings have caused Rep. Michael Waltz (R-FL) to introduce legislation Wednesday to block the “shameless grift” of selling “art” to “anonymous” investors for up to $500,000.

The legislation is “aimed at stopping the obvious and shameless grift that’s going on with Hunter Biden’s art sales, for which he is obviously not qualified to do and is only doing to continue to profit off of his family name,” Waltz told Fox News on Tuesday.

The bill’s name is called, “The PAINTER Act” and will attempt to put “some transparency in place” upon “the president’s grown children” by amending the Ethics in Government Act.

“But when you’re seeing the brand-new venture, money-making venture, with zero qualifications that are clearly hanging solely on the family name with anonymous buyers, that is a completely different matter and that’s what really gives me pause,” Waltz said about Hunter’s business dealings, which include being “an equity holder in the China nuclear power group that is blacklisted for trying to steal American warhead technology.”

“And then you add that to the Chinese dealings, the Burisma dealings and the kind of long, sad history of selling the Biden name for influence,” he continued. “We have to do something about it.”

To make the optics worse, Hunter recently struck a deal with art dealer Georges Bergès, who has strong connections with China, which, incidentally, occurred around the time when President Joe Biden’s son consummated deals with Chinese officials and made tens of thousands of dollars per month serving on the board of Burisma in 2014.

“My plan is to be the lead guy in China; the lead collector and art dealer discovering and nurturing talent from that region,” Bergès said in 2015. “I plan to find and discover and bring to the rest of the world those I consider China’s next generation of modern artists.”

The bill is unconstitutional. Hunter Biden is not a government employee so the government cannot prevent him from making a living.

BUT, do we really think that it is ok for foreign entities to funnel money for favor by the POTUS, through his son?
Did you think it was okay for foreign entities to funnel money for favor by the POTUS through his hotels?

Forum List

Back