GOP effort to stop illegal immigrants being counted for House districts, Electoral College shot down in Senate

That's a tough distinction to make. The original reference was to not count slaves, who were counted as 3/5ths.

No mention of illegal status (which didn't exist at the time) or legal incarceration status.
not really,,

we all know they broke the law coming here and we all know they are under the protection of their country of origin,,

you people really need to learn what the 3/5th clause was for and stop using it to create a false narrative,,

we can see all over the country the problems this is causing and stop with the lame ass excuses to ignore it,,

you either want a secure border or you dont,, and it looks like you dont,,

Nope, go back and read the board rules...
who am I to get between a man and his blow up doll,,

why is it you think private companies should be the ones dealing with the illegal aliens issue and not the people that swore an oath to protect the country??

if they refuse to abide by one of the most fundamental duties of an elected official why should anyone obey any laws theyve made or will make??

why is it you think private companies should be the ones dealing with the illegal aliens issue and not the people that swore an oath to protect the country??

if they refuse to abide by one of the most fundamental duties of an elected official why should anyone obey any laws theyve made or will make??
Got slapped by the mods, did you?

Actually, here's the thing. You can thank your boy Ronnie Ray-gun for why employers are responsible. Because instead of funding INS adequately to do random workplace inspections, they left it up to employers to determine if their workers were eligible to work or not. Honest employers do a good job. They do background checks, they fill out all the paperwork, and so on. They can still get fooled by fake documentation, and when someone catches it up, that person has moved on.

It's the dishonest ones who are the problem. The Construction company that picks up a truckload of day laborers at the Home Depot. The rich yuppies who hire immigrants to raise their kids, and don't pay their taxes. The farmer company that hires a bunch of migrants for seasonal work.

I already covered this in another thread, but we need comprehensive reform of our current system, not just "Well, let's build a wall to make the bigots feel better."

Got slapped by the mods, did you?

Actually, here's the thing. You can thank your boy Ronnie Ray-gun for why employers are responsible. Because instead of funding INS adequately to do random workplace inspections, they left it up to employers to determine if their workers were eligible to work or not. Honest employers do a good job. They do background checks, they fill out all the paperwork, and so on. They can still get fooled by fake documentation, and when someone catches it up, that person has moved on.

It's the dishonest ones who are the problem. The Construction company that picks up a truckload of day laborers at the Home Depot. The rich yuppies who hire immigrants to raise their kids, and don't pay their taxes. The farmer company that hires a bunch of migrants for seasonal work.

I already covered this in another thread, but we need comprehensive reform of our current system, not just "Well, let's build a wall to make the bigots feel better."

havent heard a word,, just like the last time you brought your make believe wife into the discussion,,

what makes you think reagan was my boy??
he was a horrible potus that did damages we still have to live with,,

why do you keep dodging the politicians that refuse to abide by their oaths of office and secure the border from invasion??

if they dont have to obey the law then the people dont have too,,

what reforms have to be made??

I see no problems,, in fact I think immigration should be reduced and made harder,,

why do you keep dodging the politicians that refuse to abide by their oaths of office and secure the border from invasion??

This isn't a defense of the border issue. They aren't invading to take territory, they are coming here for a better life just like every other immigrant group has.

if they dont have to obey the law then the people dont have too,,

In short, you really don't want to solve the problem, you just want to complain.

I see no problems,, in fact I think immigration should be reduced and made harder,,

I'm sure you do.
Why? I mean besides immigrants could outwork you in a heartbeat.

This isn't a defense of the border issue. They aren't invading to take territory, they are coming here for a better life just like every other immigrant group has.

In short, you really don't want to solve the problem, you just want to complain.

I'm sure you do.
Why? I mean besides immigrants could outwork you in a heartbeat.
when did wanting to take territory become the claim,, they are for sure sucking up resources to the point some cities have had to fire cops and firefighters and close schools for them to sleep in,, and those are just a few of the problems you keep ignoring,,

and thats not even getting into the money they are being given while so many americans sleep on the streets,,

they are not supposed to be here without permission,, and the government swore an oath to keep them out,, you keep ignoring that too,,

you keep forgetting we also read alinskys rules and know why youre attacking the messengers instead of refuting the message,,

so you claiming you can read my mind and know what I am thinking proves you know your position is complete bullshit,,

when did wanting to take territory become the claim,, they are for sure sucking up resources to the point some cities have had to fire cops and firefighters and close schools for them to sleep in,, and those are just a few of the problems you keep ignoring,,
Only because Dipshit Abbot is dumping them all over the country.

We could provide services more effectively in Texas.

and thats not even getting into the money they are being given while so many americans sleep on the streets,,

Oh, don't pretend you are suddenly concerned about poor people.

they are not supposed to be here without permission,, and the government swore an oath to keep them out,, you keep ignoring that too,,

When did the government swear this oath? Do you have a copy of this oath?

you keep forgetting we also read alinskys rules and know why youre attacking the messengers instead of refuting the message,,
Oh, you bigots attack yourselves...

Only because Dipshit Abbot is dumping them all over the country.

We could provide services more effectively in Texas.

Oh, don't pretend you are suddenly concerned about poor people.

When did the government swear this oath? Do you have a copy of this oath?

Oh, you bigots attack yourselves...
what services??

they are here illegally and should be sent home,,

and if its this big a problem for several states imagine how bad it would be on a single state,,

why are you still claiming you know what I think??

every politician swears an oath when they enter office,,

your dumber than your blow up doll,,

you constant personal attacks proves you know youre wrong but dont care,,

what services??

they are here illegally and should be sent home,,

and if its a problem for several states imagine how nad it would be on a single state,,

In a single state, you can concentrate resources and personnel.

The thing is, they LEGALLY have the right to claim asylum. Then it's our job to resolve those claims.

why are you still claiming you know what I think??

I'm sure you listen to Hate Radio to figure out what you think.

In a single state, you can concentrate resources and personnel.

The thing is, they LEGALLY have the right to claim asylum. Then it's our job to resolve those claims.

I'm sure you listen to Hate Radio to figure out what you think.
my god youre a fucking idiot,,
if several states cant handle them one sure the fuck cant,,

asylum is not for economic reasons,,

every street whore and punk thug from far off countries dont need to go thousands of miles for asylum,, they can just go to the next closest country ,

they are coming here for the benefits we have not because their lives are in mortal danger,,

and again with the personal crap,, it doesnt work and proves your position cant stand on its merits,,

not really,,

we all know they broke the law coming here and we all know they are under the protection of their country of origin,,

you people really need to learn what the 3/5th clause was for and stop using it to create a false narrative,,

we can see all over the country the problems this is causing and stop with the lame ass excuses to ignore it,,

you either want a secure border or you dont,, and it looks like you dont,,

"you people"?

I'm not ignoring it, you ignorant slut, I'm telling you the proper way to fix it.

"you people"?

I'm not ignoring it, you ignorant slut, I'm telling you the proper way to fix it.
the proper way to fix what?? the 3/5ths clause??

why in the world would you bring that up when the issue was resolved in 1860??

illegal immigration can be fixed overnight if the people sworn to do it actually do their job,,
Being addressed as "you people" is most appropriate, yes.
everyone in one way or another is "you people" to someone,,

the proper way to fix what?? the 3/5ths clause??

why in the world would you bring that up when the issue was resolved in 1860??

illegal immigration can be fixed overnight if the people sworn to do it actually do their job,,

everyone in one way or another is "you people" to someone,,

The problem with the Census and apportionment, in a constitutional way.

The problem with the Census and apportionment, in a constitutional way.
I dont see the problem other than those that cant read english and a dictionary,, and dont respect our laws,,

it was never meant to be for people here illegally,, anymore than it was for an invading army,,

a resident is someone here legally not someone that snuck in the back door and hiding until they get caught and deported,,

whats happening now is intentional to get more representation for their political party,,
in otherwords a seditionist act,,

to play word games to that is the same as giving up,,

we need to stand and fight to those facts,,

I dont see the problem other than those that cant read english and a dictionary,, and dont respect our laws,,

it was never meant to be for people here illegally,, anymore than it was for an invading army,,

a resident is someone here legally not someone that snuck in the back door and hiding until they get caught and deported,,

whats happening now is intentional to get more representation for their political party,,
in otherwords a seditionist act,,

to play word games to that is the same as giving up,,

we need to stand and fight to those facts,,

But the wording is "persons", not resident, not citizen. free person.

What's happening now is bending the rules, but to fix the problem you have to fix the rules to get rid of the bending.

The fact is any law would be struck down by any Supreme Court, progressive, liberal, or strict constructionist.

But the wording is "persons", not resident, not citizen. free person.

What's happening now is bending the rules, but to fix the problem you have to fix the rules to get rid of the bending.

The fact is any law would be struck down by any Supreme Court, progressive, liberal, or strict constructionist.
can you post those words please??

can you post those words please??

Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.

Forum List

Back