GOP effort to stop illegal immigrants being counted for House districts, Electoral College shot down in Senate

Well, it's unconstitutional, to start with. The Census requires you to count everyone!

Secondly, if you have ever been a census enumerator, you'll realize that it's impractical. Non-citizens will just not send their forms in, and the Census bureau will find out who lives there by other means. For instance, when I had someone who wasn't cooperative, I would just talk to their neighbors to get their names. Only about 70% of people answer their census forms. The rest the have to be tracked down.

Since when have you cared about the Constitution?

You are correct though, as the term citizen isn't used. Back then the franchise wasn't universal, and thus women in all cases, and non property owners in some cases had to be counted even if they couldn't vote.

I would support an amendment limiting the count to citizens and legal residents only.

And we can remove the whole "Indians not taxed" thing at this point.

Since when have you cared about the Constitution?

You are correct though, as the term citizen isn't used. Back then the franchise wasn't universal, and thus women in all cases, and non property owners in some cases had to be counted even if they couldn't vote.

I would support an amendment limiting the count to citizens and legal residents only.

And we can remove the whole "Indians not taxed" thing at this point.
As you often say when I complain about gun-fetishist carnage, good luck with that. Most states aren't going to give up representation they have with large foreign populations.

As you often say when I complain about gun-fetishist carnage, good luck with that. Most states aren't going to give up representation they have with large foreign populations.

There are more States without that benefit than have it. And even the ones with some of them, they would gain anyway due to the massive shift out of places like NY and Cali.

Another thing to add to the list for a State called Constitutional Convention.

try reading the 14th amendment and get back to me,,

count them but dont include them for electoral seats

it says nothing about the EC, or the Census, of apportioning of house seats to the various States.

Sorry, I hate when the left goes nanners with Equal Protection reaches, I am not doing it myself.

Best way to handle this is the amendment process.

All congressional and electoral college apportionments shall be on the basis of a Census, counting citizens and legal permanent residents only.

it says nothing about the EC, or the Census, of apportioning of house seats to the various States.

Sorry, I hate when the left goes nanners with Equal Protection reaches, I am not doing it myself.

Best way to handle this is the amendment process.

All congressional and electoral college apportionments shall be on the basis of a Census, counting citizens and legal permanent residents only.
but it does say jurisdiction,,

using your logic an invading army that can maintain a stronghold shold get their own electoral votes,,

I highly doubt that was the intention of the founders,,

There are more States without that benefit than have it. And even the ones with some of them, they would gain anyway due to the massive shift out of places like NY and Cali.

Another thing to add to the list for a State called Constitutional Convention.
Do you think that the electoral college of whacky Second Amendment would survive a constitutional convention?

but it does say jurisdiction,,

using your logic an invading army that can maintain a stronghold shold get their own electoral votes,,

I highly doubt that was the intention of the founders,,

If they hold American territory, it's no longer under the Jurisdiction of the USA.

I understand the desire to do this, but the Constitution simply doesn't allow laws to change it.

Do you think that the electoral college of whacky Second Amendment would survive a constitutional convention?
do you think the country could survive trying to take guns away form the people??

and you just showed your hand,,
we know its the intent of the left to flood the country wth illegals to subvert and bring down the country,,

in the real world we call that sedition,, and should be met with the death penalty,,

Considering its a vote per State to ratify, and requires a 3/4 supermajority and the States that want the EC and the 2nd amendment outnumber the ones that don't, yes.

If they hold American territory, it's no longer under the Jurisdiction of the USA.

I understand the desire to do this, but the Constitution simply doesn't allow laws to change it.
if I steal something from you and have it for 100 yrs its still yours dumbass,,

if it is as you say that would make the ones allowing it seditionist and they should be put to death,, after a short trial,,

Forum List

Back