GOP Congressman That Voted Against Paid Sick Leave, Takes Paid Sick Leave From Congress

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
REP. MATT GAETZ, R-Fla., decided to self-quarantine this week after coming in contact with an individual who tested positive for a novel coronavirus, which causes the disease Covid-19, at the Conservative Political Action Conference late last month.

But Gaetz’s decision to take time away from his job at Congress without the fear of losing pay or being fired is a right few Americans share. In fact, Gaetz voted to prohibit Florida residents from sharing that right.

Gaetz Voted Against Florida Paid Sick Leave. He’s Using It in Congress.

Republicans are a clear and present danger to the people.

We are witnessing worship of gubmint at it's most malignant.

Grow the fuck up, you sniveling little bitch.

BigBaby.jpg

REP. MATT GAETZ, R-Fla., decided to self-quarantine this week after coming in contact with an individual who tested positive for a novel coronavirus, which causes the disease Covid-19, at the Conservative Political Action Conference late last month.

But Gaetz’s decision to take time away from his job at Congress without the fear of losing pay or being fired is a right few Americans share. In fact, Gaetz voted to prohibit Florida residents from sharing that right.

From FORCING companies to provide it, not preventing them from providing it.

My job has combined sick/vacation, and a good work from home policy. But part of my job is being onsite to I have to be onsite from time to time.

Some jobs don't have the intrinsic value that allows a large block of paid sick time to be economically viable.

You can't be a Republican these days unless you are a raging hypocrite. Its de rigueur.

He's not taking "paid sick leave," members of Congress are paid a guaranteed annual salary regardless of whether they show up, as many Dems are famous for.

Second, he's not sick, he's in self-quarantine to prevent a potential infection from spreading. He's still working, while being a responsible citizen.

Lastly, do you people ever come up with an original idea that wasn't fed to you in a ranting opinion piece?

Fake News, as usual. He never voted “against paid sick leave”, he voted against allowing cities and counties being able to force companies to have paid sick leave (like what happened in San Fran).

Private companies and local/state governments are free to enact whatever paid sick leave policy they want.

Carry on, dipshit.

My job has combined sick/vacation, and a good work from home policy. But part of my job is being onsite to I have to be onsite from time to time.

Some jobs don't have the intrinsic value that allows a large block of paid sick time to be economically viable.
It's not okay to force companies to provide sick leave, but it is okay to force taxpayers to pay for Alky Gaetz's time off.

I seeeeeeee...

He's not taking "paid sick leave," members of Congress are paid a guaranteed annual salary regardless of whether they show up, as many Dems are famous for.

Second, he's not sick, he's in self-quarantine to prevent a potential infection from spreading. He's still working.
Is he able to vote on bills?

If not, I would like to suggest as many Republicans "work from home" as possible. Who knows what they picked up from Gaetz in the cloakroom or at CPAC.

Just to be on the safe side...

But Gaetz’s decision to take time away from his job at Congress without the fear of losing pay or being fired is a right few Americans share.

Liar!

In private industry, 61 percent of workers have access to paid sick leave, according to new data released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics on Friday.

About 39 percent of workers are without paid sick leave, data shows

It's not okay to force companies to provide sick leave, but it is okay to force taxpayers to pay for Alky Gaetz's time off.

I seeeeeeee...

It's part of the job. It's been part of the job for a while now. better paying work usually has better benefits.

I seeeeeeee...

Is Gaetz on an hourly wage?

Matt Gaetz. The best Florida's 1st Congressional District could do.

gaetz-gas-mask.jpg

No, HE is assh*le

The OP is unemployable and probably getting dizzy with all these technical terms... like "hourly wage"...

Regurgitating dailykos shit for a dollar a post is not exactly "employed"....

Second, he's not sick, he's in self-quarantine to prevent a potential infection from spreading. He's still working, while being a responsible citizen.

Lastly, do you people ever come up with an original idea that wasn't fed to you in a ranting opinion piece?

He gets a salary regardless of whether he shows up?

That’s your reply?

You mean unlike everyone else that doesnt get paid whether they show up?

You’re not real bright are you?

Forum List

Back