GOP Blasted for 'Shameful' Attempts to Claim Credit for COVID Relief

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
A republican from Florida is trying to take credit for the covid relief bill.

She actually called it a "bipartisan" bill.

Yet not even one republican voted for it.

How many more republicans will start lying about it and try to take credit for the bill?

See?

They already are attempting to take credit for this "pork-filled" bill, that none of them voted for.

The American people won't be fooled.

Republicans deserve credit for fast-tracking both vaccine development and emergency-use approvals...

Republicans deserve blame for failing to ramp-up both manufacturing and distribution anywhere NEAR fast enough to meet the demand...

Democrats deserve credit for trying to bat clean-up on Republican failures in both manufacturing and distribution of the vaccines...

Democrats deserve blame for not invoking the War Powers Act as a force-multiplier to crank-up manufacturing and distribution more quickly...

Plenty of both Credit and Blame to go around...

Truly bipartisan Successes and Failures...

And, as usual, the American People are stuck in the middle, and still getting sick, and dying, because of these re-tards on both sides of the aisle.

See?

They already are attempting to take credit for this "pork-filled" bill, that none of them voted for.

The American people won't be fooled.
I'm good with people taking people to task for not voting for a bill, while trying to take credit for it.

I'm confused why "pork-filled" bill is in quotations however, especially followed by "American people won't be fooled"

Do you even read what you post?

"Florida Rep. Maria Elvira Salazar, for example, on Saturday lauded Biden's adoption of her bipartisan legislation to extend the deadline for Americans to begin paying back Economic Damage and Disaster Loans, given to support businesses through the economic turmoil of COVID-19. The bill was co-authored with Democratic Kansas Rep. Sharice Davids."

Now, whine all you want, but her legislation to extend that deadline was included...

I'm good with people taking people to task for not voting for a bill, while trying to take credit for it.

I'm confused why "pork-filled" bill is in quotations however, especially followed by "American people won't be fooled"
One man's pork is another man's treasure.

None of these posters spoke about pork during Trump's' very short 4-year spending spree.

Yet, he signed many pork-filled bills. Literally all of them were.

Since there's no consistency, Republicans are bad-faith actors on this issue and have no standing in this argument.

As usual.

None of these posters spoke about pork during Trump's' very short 4-year spending spree.

Since there's no consistency, Republicans are bad-faith actors on this issue and have no standing in this argument.

As usual.
Why didn't the media report on the pork-filled bills? Were they for Trump? Show me some of these bills that were pork-filled that Trump signed.

The article says she is happy Biden supported her proposal for the Child Tax Credit extension.....not the entire law, that has nothing to do with Covid....or I should say very very little....

The article title and the OP are greatly misleading....which most propaganda is

A republican from Florida is trying to take credit for the covid relief bill.

She actually called it a "bipartisan" bill.

Yet not even one republican voted for it.

How many more republicans will start lying about it and try to take credit for the bill?

They did the same thing with the American Recovery Act when Obama took office. Nobody should be shocked or surprised by this.

As usual.
Why didn't the media report on the pork-filled bills? Were they for Trump? Show me some of these bills that were pork-filled that Trump signed.
Those "pork-filled bills"you mentioned were reported; perhaps you missed some of the previous four years. The list of "pork-filled bills" which the Orange Clown signed is far too long to enumerate. To abbreviate the list, computing the Clown's total debt generated to date from the beginning of his first fiscal year's budget starting 10/1/2017, to this point in his last budget FY to date, 3/10/2021 can display the blatant hypocrisy of the GOP and their own spending habits of the public purse!

In the beginning, 10/1/17, Obama's final debt stood at $20,347,802,336,478 on day one of tRump's first budget. As of 3/10/2021, six months before the end of the Clown's 4th and final budget ends and the 2022 Biden 1st debt begins, the debt NOW stands at $27,900,419,069,251. So that means that in 3.5 years of the Clown-in-Chief's reign, his budgets produced to date in the vicinity of $7.552617 Trillion in just 3.5 years. That means the Orange Clown has set a record for any President's first term budgets setting a record deficit; another GOP verbal hat trick with the budget's ACTUAL FIGURES!

Now you were saying something about "pork-filled bills"? Perhaps you should pay more attention to MarkATL. He was absolutely correct about tRumpy's profligate spending.

US Treasury Debt so you can verify the numbers;
~~ Government - The Debt to the Penny and Who Holds It ~~

Republicans would have supported a bill aimed entirely at Covid relief, but as usual the bill is filled with things that have nothing to do with what the bill was supposed to address.
Covid relief is 9% of the bill. The rest is a Dimocrat's wet dream.
This bill will forever prevent America for coming even close to seriously address our debt. Your children's children's children will be paying for it long after you are even a memory.

I applaud any lawmaker that voted NO on this piece of shit legislation.

As usual.
Those "pork-filled bills"you mentioned were reported; perhaps you missed some of the previous four years. The list of "pork-filled bills" which the Orange Clown signed is far too long to enumerate. To abbreviate the list, computing the Clown's total debt generated to date from the beginning of his first fiscal year's budget starting 10/1/2017, to this point in his last budget FY to date, 3/10/2021 can display the blatant hypocrisy of the GOP and their own spending habits of the public purse!

In the beginning, 10/1/17, Obama's final debt stood at $20,347,802,336,478 on day one of tRump's first budget. As of 3/10/2021, six months before the end of the Clown's 4th and final budget ends and the 2022 Biden 1st debt begins, the debt NOW stands at $27,900,419,069,251. So that means that in 3.5 years of the Clown-in-Chief's reign, his budgets produced to date in the vicinity of $7.552617 Trillion in just 3.5 years. That means the Orange Clown has set a record for any President's first term budgets setting a record deficit; another GOP verbal hat trick with the budget's ACTUAL FIGURES!

Now you were saying something about "pork-filled bills"? Perhaps you should pay more attention to MarkATL. He was absolutely correct about tRumpy's profligate spending.

Nothing you just said had anything to do with Pork-filled bills.

I'm sure you are used to being able to bully people by being well written and forceful. That doesn't work on me. The only thing you just did there was say that Trump spent more money and the debt went up.

Would you like to link those "Pork-filled" bills now? I'm sure there are some... There almost has to be. Shouldn't be hard to find one.

Perhaps you need help to define what a "Pork-filled bill" is? Because the national debt going up doesn't really mean anything to the term. It can be a side effect of it. But it means nothing to the term.

Last edited:

As usual.

I'm sure you are used to being able to bully people by being well written and forceful. That doesn't work on me. The only thing you just did there was say that Trump spent more money and the debt went up.

Would you like to link those "Pork-filled" bills now? I'm sure there are some... There almost has to be. Shouldn't be hard to find one.

Perhaps you need help to define what a "Pork-filled bill" is? Because the national debt going up doesn't really mean anything to the term. It can be a side effect of it. But it means nothing to the term.
Are you truly that stupid or are you just playing at stupid? "Pork" has everything to do with excessive spending by Congress in the massive piles of legislation, be it by one tribe the other, or both! And all those funds added at the behest of campaign donors or their tax cuts or special tax deductions, et al, all suck taxpayer dollars out of the Treasury or keep them from coming in! That is the source of producing the "Pork", slick! I didn't believe it necessary to delve into Congressional sausage-making, given I expected to be dealing with adults on this forum!
The only thing you just did there was say that Trump spent more money and the debt went up.
Well, you got a portion of what I wrote right but not the reasoning, which should be obvious! BUT look up "cause and effect" and by application of reason, you might be able to figure out how bloated bills from Congress can deplete the funds of the Treasury causing their own real problems compounding the mess!!

Republicans would have supported a bill aimed entirely at Covid relief, but as usual the bill is filled with things that have nothing to do with what the bill was supposed to address.
Covid relief is 9% of the bill. The rest is a Dimocrat's wet dream.
This bill will forever prevent America for coming even close to seriously address our debt. Your children's children's children will be paying for it long after you are even a memory.

I applaud any lawmaker that voted NO on this piece of shit legislation.

No they wouldn't if it were offered by the Democrats.

As usual.

Are you truly that stupid or are you just playing at stupid? "Pork" has everything to do with excessive spending by Congress in the massive piles of legislation, be it by one tribe the other, or both! And all those funds added at the behest of campaign donors or their tax cuts or special tax deductions, et al, all suck taxpayer dollars out of the Treasury or keep them from coming in! That is the source of producing the "Pork", slick! I didn't believe it necessary to delve into Congressional sausage-making, given I expected to be dealing with adults on this forum!
The only thing you just did there was say that Trump spent more money and the debt went up.
Well, you got a portion of what I wrote right but not the reasoning, which should be obvious! BUT look up "cause and effect" and by application of reason, you might be able to figure out how bloated bills from Congress can deplete the funds of the Treasury causing their own real problems compounding the mess!!
Perhaps you need help to define what a "Pork-filled bill" is?

*sighs*

It should be easy for you to find a bill signed by Trump that was a "pork-filled bill". VERY EASY. Please... Do so. Link it... Smack me down. Make me look like an idiot. Whatever motivation you need to go look to see what the term means, and then find it in Trumps reign... Use that motivation, and link it here.

Edit: I don't think you understand the term "Pork-filled" in relation to the topic.

Edit2: I appreciate that you are willing to acknowledge that pork in bills isn't a good thing done and is done by both major parties. I myself wish it was illegal to even try to push pork into bills.

If the bill isn't a good idea enough on it's own, that you need to purchase votes to pass it, or put it with something that needs done to get it... I don't think it should be done.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back