"GOP 2.0" Launches

While I admire these Republicans for trying to stay and fight rather than start a third party, this seems a little quixotic to me.

Who knows. Anyway, good luck, folks. Your party and its embarrassing conspiracies are hurting this country.

The should have just spun off.
They're in a no-win position. If they spin off, they lose their massive infrastructure. If they stay, it's David vs. Goliath.

This is gonna take a while, for sure.

They have a 3rd alternative, you know. They can join up with their anti-Trump allies in the Democrat Party and take a stand. After all, they supported the anti-Trump forces in 2020 and were successful. Why not keep a winning (from their perspective) combination?
Because they have strong policy disagreements with the Democrats.

Obviously.

They may have policy disagreements, but none so great that it would change their votes. It would seem to be smarter to reach across the aisle and work with their allies instead.

While I admire these Republicans for trying to stay and fight rather than start a third party, this seems a little quixotic to me.

Who knows. Anyway, good luck, folks. Your party and its embarrassing conspiracies are hurting this country.

They're in a no-win position. If they spin off, they lose their massive infrastructure. If they stay, it's David vs. Goliath.

They have a 3rd alternative, you know. They can join up with their anti-Trump allies in the Democrat Party and take a stand. After all, they supported the anti-Trump forces in 2020 and were successful. Why not keep a winning (from their perspective) combination?

Obviously.

They may have policy disagreements, but none so great that it would change their votes. It would seem to be smarter to reach across the aisle and work with their allies instead.
Thinking that Trump is an embarrassing and dangerous buffoon is not a matter of partisan politics.

These people are political adversaries otherwise. I'd think that would be obvious.

You project a lot. I think you have two choices, face your Demonicrat demons or continue blaming others.

Now you are describing Mac1958

He crawled out of the tall weeds and voted for biden in 2020

But having returned the corrupt washington swamp rats to power he doesnt want to be blamed for any of the stupid things biden does as president

But like the man said, he can run but he cant hide
I doubt any never trumpers like the ideas of infrastructure being expanded child tax credits or health care centers.
Biden voterslike Mac1958

Anyone w/half a functioning brain could see this coming for decades now. What a crap show.

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC
Well I saw it the moment Trump got nominated with a PLURALITY of gop primary votes. But I'd been reading his crap in NY papers about the Central Park 5 going back to the 1980s.

The gop did have a sort of civil war from Goldwater's primary win over Rockefeller to Reagan in 1980, but the "big story" of 1964 was George Romney repudiating Goldwater over civil rights. In 1968, Romeny was essentially being kicked out of the gop, despite being the favorite to win the nomination, when he came back from a visit to Vietnam and said we were not going to win the war.

But the real greatness of Reagan was his ability accomodate other ideas. He compromised over soc sec and medicare, and probably civil rights. Trump easily could have modified Obamacare even into a block granted program, but his personal antipathy towards Obama and his ego wouldn't allow him to accomplish much.

The trouble with fair weather republicans is that they only believe in party unity when the party follows them

But when they dont get their way they take their football and go home
Well, that's Ironic.

You project a lot. I think you have two choices, face your Demonicrat demons or continue blaming others.
Merely passing on a news story. I'm not surprised it would trigger someone like you.

Now you are describing Mac1958

He crawled out of the tall weeds and voted for biden in 2020

But having returned the corrupt washington swamp rats to power he doesnt want to be blamed for any of the stupid things biden does as president

But like the man said, he can run but he cant hide
I doubt any never trumpers like the ideas of infrastructure being expanded child tax credits or health care centers.
Biden voterslike Mac1958
No that was me. I voted for Biden. And the potsmoker in 16. I should have voted Hillary, but hey .... Miss is not going blue. Her husband wasn't all bad.

Obviously.

Thinking that Trump is an embarrassing and dangerous buffoon is not a matter of partisan politics.

These people are political adversaries otherwise. I'd think that would be obvious.

Minor disagreements over insignificant issues doesn't make someone a "political adversary"

As a Little Trumpster myself, I recognize it would be a positive if the GOP 2.0 established itself as a separate entity and split the anti-Trump vote with the D's.

But that isn't likely to happen, I suspect they will continue their alliance regardless. And working within the Democrat Party organs, the nevertrumpers would be more likely to get their own opinions heard by President Biden, the Squad and other party leaders.

Obviously.

Minor disagreements over insignificant issues doesn't make someone a "political adversary"

As a Little Trumpster myself, I recognize it would be a positive if the GOP 2.0 established itself as a separate entity and split the anti-Trump vote with the D's.

But that isn't likely to happen, I suspect they will continue their alliance regardless. And working within the Democrat Party organs, the nevertrumpers would be more likely to get their own opinions heard by President Biden, the Squad and other party leaders.
So you think that being on opposite ends of taxation, abortion, gay rights, guns, foreign affairs, the environment, budgeting, immigration, health care, energy, culture and other issues is an indication of "minor disagreements over insignificant issues".

Wow. Okay! I believe you believe that!

Many of us think this is obviously just about blind fealty to the orange buffoon.

Fake centrist.....Such a cheerleader for the establishment

Obviously.

So you think that being on opposite ends of taxation, abortion, gay rights, guns, foreign affairs, the environment, budgeting, immigration, health care, energy, culture and other issues is an indication of "minor disagreements over insignificant issues".

Many of us think this is obviously just about blind fealty to the orange buffoon.

The Never Trumpers voted for Biden in 2020, they don't see those as major issues. At least not major enough to switch their votes.

Hatred for the 75 million Little Trumpsters is just a lot more potent issue for them.

Obviously.

The Never Trumpers voted for Biden in 2020, they don't see those as major issues. At least not major enough to switch their votes.

Hatred for the 75 million Little Trumpsters is just a lot more potent issue for them.
Wow, a mind reader, cool.

Merely passing on a news story. I'm not surprised it would trigger someone like you.

Now you're lying.

Can't be too fun being a PROG, IMO. Can't reason, can't take responsibility, can't face reality, safe spaces and parrots.

Now you're lying.

Can't be too fun being a PROG, IMO. Can't reason, can't take responsibility, can't face reality, safe spaces and parrots.
Poor Trumpster. You lost.

Now you're lying.

Poor Trumpster. You lost.

I lost now? Good job Mac, everyone gets a trophy.

Obviously.

Wow, a mind reader, cool.

Not a "mind reader" at all.

But the whole problem that the Never Trumpers will have in getting the votes of the Little Trumpsters is their lack of accomplishment on the issues like taxation and abortion and immigration is the fact that they don't have a record of actual accomplishment on the topics.

Would I really believe that Mitt Romney , as a possible 2024 nominee, would actually roll back Obamacare, the new Green Deal or other actions of the Biden Administration if he was elected? No I wouldn't. Unless he can show real accomplishments between now and then.

The GOP is now the party of grifters. If you are willing to lie and cheat and harm the country for a little bit of personal power, then the GOP wants you.

'
They don't control the legislature, senate, or the presidency. Last I checked, the installed one is giving away endless amounts of gravy. The Rs are spineless.

Forum List

Back