Goodbye Susan Collins

Lesh

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2016

And good riddance.

I'm" very concerned" about her political survival.

That's a reference to her statements before voting against choice, the ACA, and virtually every moderate position she has abandoned

Though Collins has positioned herself as a pro-abortion choice moderate Republican, her voting record in recent years has drawn the ire of Democratic and liberal-minded Mainers. Her critical votes to pass President Donald Trump’s tax bill, confirm Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, and acquit Trump during his impeachment trial have faced especially intense scrutiny from many of her moderate constituents who previously supported her.

Sue Collins is a survivor. She is always being predicted to lose, and wins.
That said, the polls look bad, for her and Tillis, Gardner, McSally, Perdue, Ernst, and Daines. That's (7) GOP seats losing, with only Doug Jones losing a democrat seat in AL. So if the polls are right, the dems take the senate by 3-seats. We'll see what happens when they count the votes. IMHO the GOP keeps the senate, because the polls were way wrong in 2016.

You know, I like this idea...rank choice voting.

Going to have to see how It works out.

It could help keep my state from nominating another RINO like Romney or McCain.

As for Collins. I'd like to see her win...but honestly I really don't care that much...
You don't care if McConnell or Schumer runs the senate? Bad idea. We don't want DC and Puerto Rico as new states.

And good riddance.

That's a reference to her statements before voting against choice, the ACA, and virtually every moderate position she has abandoned

What a terrible, awful voting system!

The word you are searching for is 'rigged'.

You know, I like this idea...rank choice voting.

Going to have to see how It works out.

It could help keep my state from nominating another RINO like Romney or McCain.

As for Collins. I'd like to see her win...but honestly I really don't care that much...
It hasn't worked in Maine.

They flood the ballot with leftist dweebs, shoving any real or imagined opposition down the ranks of vote getters.

Then they declare the one who got the most 2nd place votes (invariably a leftist) the winner.....Voila, a defacto one-party state.

Sounds plausible in theory, works shitty in practice.

You don't care if McConnell or Schumer runs the senate? Bad idea. We don't want DC and Puerto Rico as new states.
And why would you want to deny statehood and representation to Americans?

Oh that's right, because you're afraid it would diminish the power of the GOP and power is what you folks care about...and only that

I care. That's why I'd like to see her win.

But I don't live in Maine...and Collins hasn't done herself any favors with Republicans either.

If you want to defend her and feel passionately about it...good on you.

I don't. And personally, I'm never going to support a canidate I don't believe in "for the team" again.

That's over.

Oh that's right, because you're afraid it would diminish the power of the GOP and power is what you folks care about...and only that
DC has representation thru MD, so stop whining.
PR is a basket case.
I'd support bulldozing the DC slums and turning them into parks.

DC was specifically designed not to be a state.

Puerto Rico? I don't have an opinion. Never looked into it.

Though Collins has positioned herself as a pro-abortion choice moderate Republican, her voting record in recent years has drawn the ire of Democratic and liberal-minded Mainers. Her critical votes to pass President Donald Trump’s tax bill, confirm Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, and acquit Trump during his impeachment trial have faced especially intense scrutiny from many of her moderate constituents who previously supported her.

Collins didn't win any Liberal Love with her vote against Justice Barrett.

This demonstrates again that its pointless to appease libs, they'll throw you under the bus in a flash.

And good riddance.

Maine is just one more State that's changing as liberals flee cities like New York to live somewhere that isn't completely screwed up. Then they bring their liberal agenda to their new homes...and start the process of screwing THAT place up! I saw it in Colorado...we're seeing it now in Texas and in Maine.

DC was specifically designed not to be a state.

Wrong. A Federal District was that. It does not mandate where or how big that district is other than it should be less than 100 sq miles.

Congress could simply and reasonably carve out the actual Federal Buildings (where almost no one lives) and make THAT the Federal District and the rest of the city becomes a state.

Collins didn't win any Liberal Love with her vote against Justice Barrett.
Why should it. No one was fooled. Her vote didn't matter and everyone knew it.

Had it mattered...she would have been "concerned" and voted with Barrett...the way she always does.

Maine is just one more State that's changing as liberals flee cities like New York to live somewhere that isn't completely screwed up. Then they bring their liberal agenda to their new homes...and start the process of screwing THAT place up! I saw it in Colorado...we're seeing it now in Texas and in Maine.

Yep.

Forum List

Back