Good Question. Lets Say Its 51-49. Can Joe Manchin And Sinema Still Block Voting Rights Take-Over, Two New States, And Four New Judges?

Manchin didn't cave. He got what he wanted. A scaled down bill. It might not be what you wanted but that's irrelevant.
He flipped out weeks after signing the bill over Biden's comments on shutting down ALL coal plants in America.
Somewhere I saw line where he commented that he wouldn't have signed the bill if he knew this was Biden's plan.

He flipped out weeks after signing the bill over Biden's comments on shutting down ALL coal plants in America.
Somewhere I saw line where he commented that he wouldn't have signed the bill if he knew this was Biden's plan.

That's not why he was upset but yes, the Democrats pulled one over on him.

100%.

Do you really believe they are not?

Indeed, I am certain that every time a spending bill comes up it is ALWAYS the democrats who want to spend more than the GOP does. Every freakin' time. Do you really think that if any democrat had been president instead of Trump from 2017-2021 that his/her spending would have been less than Trump's? Remember the $600 stimulus bill that passed in Dec 2020 just before Trump left office? As I recall, the democrats screamed long and loud that it wasn't enough, they wanted it to be $2000/person, true? And the first item on their agenda after Biden took office was to pass the $1400/person spending without any GOP support, true? Which had an adverse effect on an already rising inflation, true? But they did it anyway. Then there's that massive $3.5 trillion BBB Bill that Biden and the democrats wanted to spend a year ago, which some estimates were for that was over $5 trillion. And they would have done it too withour any GOP votes, except Manchin and Sinema wouldn't go along. You want to tell me the GOP would have done that?

So don't be telling me the two parties are the same when it comes to spending, cuz they ain't. Not even close.

Indeed, I am certain that every time a spending bill comes up it is ALWAYS the democrats who want to spend more than the GOP does. Every freakin' time.
Do you really think that if any democrat had been president instead of Trump from 2017-2021 that his/her spending would have been less than Trump's? Remember the $600 stimulus bill that passed in Dec 2020 just before Trump left office? As I recall, the democrats screamed long and loud that it wasn't enough, they wanted it to be $2000/person, true?

And Trump wanted it to be $2000 per person also.

And the first item on their agenda after Biden took office was to pass the $1400/person spending without any GOP support, true? Which had an adverse effect on an already rising inflation, true? But they did it anyway. Then there's that massive $3.5 trillion BBB Bill that Biden and the democrats wanted to spend a year ago, which some estimates were for that was over $5 trillion. And they would have done it too withour any GOP votes, except Manchin and Sinema wouldn't go along. You want to tell me the GOP would have done that?

So don't be telling me the two parties are the same when it comes to spending, cuz they ain't. Not even close.

Under Trump in 4 years we got 7.8 trillion in debt.

Obama added 8.6 trillion but that was in eight years.

Indeed, I am certain that every time a spending bill comes up it is ALWAYS the democrats who want to spend more than the GOP does. Every freakin' time. Do you really think that if any democrat had been president instead of Trump from 2017-2021 that his/her spending would have been less than Trump's?

I know that Trump spent more than any POTUS before him and never asked for less spending.

Remember the $600 stimulus bill that passed in Dec 2020 just before Trump left office? As I recall, the democrats screamed long and loud that it wasn't enough, they wanted it to be $2000/person, true?

Nope, actually it was Trump doing that. But thanks for proving my point.

And the first item on their agenda after Biden took office was to pass the $1400/person spending without any GOP support, true?

Yep, funny how when there is a D in the White House the Repubs all of sudden care about such things

I havent seen anyone bring this up yet on Fox, but with a 51-49 senate, we still have two senators that will not go for having only "One Party Counting The Votes", having 13 judges and creating two more states for no reasonable reason. No one wants the Democrats to take the Senate, that would be the end of the world to some extent. But if Joe and Kyrsten keep things in check for the next two years, we will be OK and then we will have President DeSantis bring us back to the Trump/Reagan years !!!:thewave:
sinema is a cute little thing IMO

Glad to hear it. That means he is less likely to fold in the future.

That’s my question also. Can the Biden Administration pack the Court without the approval of the House?

We have had as few as 5 and as many as 10. It's not difficult to look up how that process is done.

Not worried too much.

The Republican controlled House will keep the destructive bills from ever passing.

If there are some RINOs that side with the Democrat scum and an idiotic bill gets through then the filibuster rule should keep it from passing the Senate.

The Democrats stole the Senate this year with corruption just like they stole the 2020 Presidential election. They tried like hell to steal the House but it didn't work.

And Trump wanted it to be $2000 per person also.

Under Trump in 4 years we got 7.8 trillion in debt.

Obama added 8.6 trillion but that was in eight years.

Are you counting COVID? What was the spending pre-COVID?

I havent seen anyone bring this up yet on Fox, but with a 51-49 senate, we still have two senators that will not go for having only "One Party Counting The Votes", having 13 judges and creating two more states for no reasonable reason. No one wants the Democrats to take the Senate, that would be the end of the world to some extent. But if Joe and Kyrsten keep things in check for the next two years, we will be OK and then we will have President DeSantis bring us back to the Trump/Reagan years !!!:thewave:

Everything depends on whether Manchin wants to run for reelection.

If he does, he might even change parties or become Independent.

Are you counting COVID? What was the spending pre-COVID?

Obama had the Bush recession to deal with. Are you now going to argue his debt was OK? Trump said he didn't care about the debt. Are you now agreeing with him there also?

And why do you not know about us running up debt pre-covid also? Do you not pay attention?

We have had as few as 5 and as many as 10. It's not difficult to look up how that process is done.
Adding one more isn’t what Biden means by packing the Court. He means adding enough leftist judges to have a lock on SCOTUS rulings. The last time that was attempted - by another Democrat president, btw - it was met with such objection by the populace that FDR gave up.

Do you really believe the repubs and the democrats are equals when it comes to overspending?
They are “equal” in that they both increase the debt certainly. In some respects Dems are more fiscally responsible in that spending increases are generally paid for

All Republicans care about are lower taxes ( primarily for the wealthy and corps)

Forum List

Back