GOOD NEWS! Unemployment at 4%

incomes are rising for college grads, hopefully the cons aren't blaming Obama for uneducated people not having jobs. This has and will go on for decades, it's called globalization.

sorry I'm uabshedly elitist.

why?

clearly you're not one of us, just a wannabe who can't spell. :lol:

another quasi-useful idiot

Unlike the left, conservatives are not solely concerned with elitist academia and their minions.

We're more concerned about things like sustainability and self-reliance.

That was funny, thanks

Anytime. I know you find those things laughable.

This is why I can't tell if something is satire. Education is "hard". I'm not talking about McCain's father getting him into the Naval Academy where he graduated 5th from the bottom out of 899 cadets or Bush going to Harvard on his father's strings and getting a C minus.
I'm talking about taking out tens of thousands in student loans and working every weekend and week night until midnight. Going to work in the morning, getting off work and eating a sandwich on the way to night school. Doing this for years. Then spending the first ten years paying off tens of thousands in loans. Does this sound "elitist"?
Sure, there are some who parents pay for everything. And good luck to them. But I've found the best are usually the ones who "earned it" on their own.

As shown below, Americans with bachelor's degrees and higher have just a 4% unemployment rate. There isn't an unemployment disaster for this demographic.

chart.png

There Isn't Any Unemployment Disaster For The College-Educated.
Huh... Right now among my 8 unemployed friends 75% of them have at least batchelors degrees, one of who has a law degree. I guess they didn't poll any of them.

More false statistics from 6% himself.

Did they go to "Christian Colleges"? Did your "lawyer friend" pass the bar? Are you making that up?
The place where I work is looking for another electrical engineer and a software engineer. And summer help if we can find a college kid who knows "Inventor" or how to manipulate data in the "Vault". Excel would help. College education usually means they will work.

That was funny, thanks

Anytime. I know you find those things laughable.

This is why I can't tell if something is satire. Education is "hard". I'm not talking about McCain's father getting him into the Naval Academy where he graduated 5th from the bottom out of 899 cadets or Bush going to Harvard on his father's strings and getting a C minus.
I'm talking about taking out tens of thousands in student loans and working every weekend and week night until midnight. Going to work in the morning, getting off work and eating a sandwich on the way to night school. Doing this for years. Then spending the first ten years paying off tens of thousands in loans. Does this sound "elitist"?
Sure, there are some who parents pay for everything. And good luck to them. But I've found the best are usually the ones who "earned it" on their own.

Rdean, you prove over and over how incredibly sheltered and ignorant you are.

You're the gift that just keeps giving.

rdeans.jpg

you said good news. Folks with college educations have seen their unemployment rate double! All these poor souls with student loans and babies and the rest of it. Unemployment for them has doubled And you are happy.

What kind of person celebrates the doubling of an unemployment rate?

As shown below, Americans with bachelor's degrees and higher have just a 4% unemployment rate. There isn't an unemployment disaster for this demographic.

chart.png

There Isn't Any Unemployment Disaster For The College-Educated.
Huh... Right now among my 8 unemployed friends 75% of them have at least batchelors degrees, one of who has a law degree. I guess they didn't poll any of them.

More false statistics from 6% himself.

Did they go to "Christian Colleges"? Did your "lawyer friend" pass the bar? Are you making that up?
The place where I work is looking for another electrical engineer and a software engineer. And summer help if we can find a college kid who knows "Inventor" or how to manipulate data in the "Vault". Excel would help. College education usually means they will work.
You really are a creedist bastard Rdean. Why do I think you're the kinda guy that'd pop open a bottle of champagne when someone like Billy Graham dies. Where they got their degree from is irrelevant. Their religion is irrelevant too, and believe it or not (you probably won't anyway) I have more than a few atheist and pagan friends. Funny thing is, they're out of work just as much as Christian ones if not more so. Correlation or causation? Hmmmmm :rolleyes:

You DID touch on something of truth in your tirade though. I've been hearing time and time again there is actually a desperate need for people in the high tech and engineering industries because US schools don't turn out students with math skills over 9th grade anymore in all but the most paltry minority. Too many schools are interested in teaching about feelings and fluffy feel good garbage than to do the hard work of reading 'riting and 'rythmati anymore. Major failing with our schools.

But you're just going to blindly, without question say that a college degree in philosophy is equivalent with one in engineering for the sake of your politics mixing your graphs incorrectly.

So 6%, you can try to claim this as a good thing, but I have news for you, there are going to be hundreds of thousands of degrees (mostly education, pyschology and other mushy lib arts) out of work once the states go bankrupt and the stimulus covering their asses right now runs out in a few months. Then we'll see how far your vaunted degree goes. Probably right out of this nation. And if that means hundreds of thousands of people like you emigrate to work overseas... gooooooood riddance to bad rubbish. Then at least we can fix this nation and you pack of locusts can wreck our foreign enemies.

incomes are rising for college grads, hopefully the cons aren't blaming Obama for uneducated people not having jobs. This has and will go on for decades, it's called globalization.

sorry I'm uabshedly elitist.

why?

clearly you're not one of us, just a wannabe who can't spell. :lol:

another quasi-useful idiot

Do you think making money is hard? I don't.

But don't you know? The Little People are expected to make sacrifices to further the ambition of the overlords.

Indeed. One of the overlord mantras is: All Your Money Are Belong To We.

I doubt you have any real life experience being one - but I'm sure The Sims provide a safe placebo for you.

Great. You're a stellar individual. I hope you go to Venezuela, where you will be treated as you should be. I don't hold out much hope for you being able to deal deftly with the lunatics you support.

This is all well and good for those with formal education but what's the rest of the work force supposed to do, compete with the Chinese, the Indians, and other third-worlders?

thats what people get for voting for politicians who not only allow big companies to move off shore but actually give them tax breaks! all to save multi billion dollar companies a couple hundred thousand dollars and some regulations

Forum List

Back