Good News - Poverty Rate

Why do you think that is? I suspect it has to be the poverty rate has not gone up, the tables.

That worthless incompetent asshole Obama increased poverty in his eight years as President.

Good thing Trump was elected to reverse it.

That worthless incompetent asshole Obama increased poverty in his eight years as President.

Good thing Trump was elected to reverse it.

Obama has a 10% unemployment when he took office and left tramp a 4.7 rate, tramp didn't have to do much.

Why do you think that is? I suspect it has to be the poverty rate has not gone up, the tables.

It has. But the way they measure the effect of inflation on the standard of living now actually allows them to lie about it.

I'd mentioned that a couple of years back when I noticed they put that in their tax bill. They were purposely measuring with chained cpi rather than standard cpi.

In other words, if you can't afford steak because inflation has caused the prices to rise far too high, and buy hamburger instead, they conclude that you would have bought hamburger anyway even if the steak hadn't been so expensive.

Substantive equivalent or some such nonsense. They actually legalized lying about the effect of inflation on the standard of living. And there's more to it, but it's lke talking to the wall, I don't even bother explaining it anymore. Most people just wanna argue about whose president was better than they other guy's, so, there's never going to be any kind of real discussion about it so long as cable news entertainment programming drives discussion and the terms of controversy. Which is precisely what the party of one wants.

Nowadays, I look at it this way. Take care of you and yours and let everyone else fend for themselves. If they wanna believe the horse pucky they're being told, then, they deserve the outcome.

Last edited:

It has. But the way they measure the effect of inflation now actually allows them to lie about it.

I'd mentioned that a couple of years back when I noticed they put that in their tax bill. They were purposely measuring with chained cpi rather than standard cpi.

In other words, if you can't aford steak because inflation has caused the prices to rise far too high, and buy hamburger instead, they conclude that you would have bought hamburger anyway even if the steak hadn't been so expensive.

Substantive equivalent or some such nonsense. They actually legalized lying about the effect of inflation on the cost of living. And there's more to it, but it's lke talking to the wall, I don't even bother explaining it anymore.

I do believe it, but since poverty is down and income is up, I think they have not raised the poverty rates with the inflation rates and so they lie about both. I mean something is not right about the numbers.

Nobody's talking about the ever-growing rate of homelessness either. Now, why is that? If the economy is so good, then, why do we have so many homeless? The reason is simple. It's because they rig the employment numbers in the same way. They selectively include into the statistics the demographics they want and remove those demographics which would reflect a bit more truth in the matter.

And now they're giving robot workers personhood. As well as taxing them like people.

I do believe it, but since poverty is down and income is up, I think they have not raised the poverty rates with the inflation rates and so they lie about both. I mean something is not right about the numbers.

Yeah, but they're only illusionary gains in income caused by inflation. Purchasing power continues to drop. It's the monetary policy. They don't know what money is. And the most regressive tax of all is the inflation tax. It's a hidden tax which is the main driver of poverty. They don't even have to vote on it.

Ask Toddster and company what money is and see what they tell you. lol. It's a hoot.

Nobody's talking about the ever-growing rate of homelessness either. Now, why is that? If the economy is so good, then, why do we have so many homeless? The reason is simple. It's because they rig the employment numbers in the same way. They selectively include into the statistics the demographics they want and remove those demographics which would reflect a bit more truth in the matter.

And now they're giving robot workers personhood. As well as taxing them like people.

Yes I believe a lot of the homeless are down on their luck, and then can't find a decent full time job making a decent wage and without transportation, they are kind of screwed. No one sets out to be homeless.

They don't include people in the unemployment rate that have not looked for a job in the last 4 weeks, people who retire(I mean half the baby boomers are ready to retire, so that would lower the unemployment rate),
Who is counted as unemployed?
People are classified as unemployed if they do not have a job, have actively looked for work in the prior 4 weeks, and are currently available for work. Actively looking for work may consist of any of the following activities:
Contacting:
    • An employer directly or having a job interview
    • A public or private employment agency
    • Friends or relatives
    • A school or university employment center
  • Submitting resumes or filling out applications
  • Placing or answering job advertisements
  • Checking union or professional registers
  • Some other means of active looking for work.
  • How the Government Measures Unemployment
So that leaves a lot of people off the unemployment numbers. So if they count robots as people as you say, then its way higher yet.

Yes I believe a lot of the homeless are down on their luck, and then can't find a decent full time job making a decent wage and without transportation, they are kind of screwed. No one sets out to be homeless.

They don't include people in the unemployment rate that have not looked for a job in the last 4 weeks, people who retire(I mean half the baby boomers are ready to retire, so that would lower the unemployment rate),
Who is counted as unemployed?
People are classified as unemployed if they do not have a job, have actively looked for work in the prior 4 weeks, and are currently available for work. Actively looking for work may consist of any of the following activities:
Contacting:
    • An employer directly or having a job interview
    • A public or private employment agency
    • Friends or relatives
    • A school or university employment center
  • Submitting resumes or filling out applications
  • Placing or answering job advertisements
  • Checking union or professional registers
  • Some other means of active looking for work.
  • How the Government Measures Unemployment
So that leaves a lot of people off the unemployment numbers. So if they count robots as people as you say, then its way higher yet.

Yeah. That's pretty much it. They simply stoped counting people who have given up on finding work.

And now, if you make 500 dollars a year I think they're calling that employed so they do add that.

I'll have to dig up a couple of links about the robots. This has just been fairly recently.

Here's one article.

Brave New World: Uncle Sam is taxing robots as companies invest in advanced tech

Snip...

''Uncle Sam is padding the Treasury with millions of dollars to assess bots at the same time that corporations invest more in advanced technology and labor-saving machinery, according to experts.

New “robot” taxes are expected to multiply in the coming decades as millions of Americans see their jobs automated away.

“Yes, governments already tax robots because they tax virtually everything that goes into developing and making robots,” economist and author Mark Thornton told The Post. “In a few cases, there are subsidies such as government grants for robot development. But that still means they are taxing you and me to provide the subsidies.”

Here's one article.

Brave New World: Uncle Sam is taxing robots as companies invest in advanced tech

Snip...

''Uncle Sam is padding the Treasury with millions of dollars to assess bots at the same time that corporations invest more in advanced technology and labor-saving machinery, according to experts.

New “robot” taxes are expected to multiply in the coming decades as millions of Americans see their jobs automated away.

“Yes, governments already tax robots because they tax virtually everything that goes into developing and making robots,” economist and author Mark Thornton told The Post. “In a few cases, there are subsidies such as government grants for robot development. But that still means they are taxing you and me to provide the subsidies.”

I guess Andrew Yang wasn't far off saying he wanted to give a 1000 bucks to all adults in the future, knowing they are taking away our jobs.
At least Gates is looking out for us, taxes for SS etc. Darn the corporations won't be happy till they pay 0 in taxes, and most do now. There is a lot of infrastructure they are going to have to do, to make places for self driving semi's to drop off and load, and they can't hire robots for that. There is a lot of jobs that robots won't be able to do.

Forum List

Back