Gone are pre-existing conditions if you vote for trump, and I know some trumpers are counting on the ACA

No one is duped, that is just plain ignorant to say. Insurance commissioners are in every state protect the consumer. You are predisposed to believe that any profit is bad.

duped are those that believe donny.

Duped is anyone that believes a democrat or a republican and their campaign promises.

that's why i'm not a (D) ... but as far as healthcare is concerned - i'll believe that (D)s will deliver rather than the (R)s who tried some 60+ times to repeal the ACA - literally spending millions upon millions with no substitute ready to go.

I don't trust D's or R's to make anything better. The two parties are corrupt to the core. I don't believe anything they say nd they seem to screw up everything they do. My big issue with the ACA was it required a citizen to purchase a service or suffer a penalty. Government should not require any monetary payment to remain in good standing as a citizen. Thank you for the great conversation, we may not agree however it is good to get another perspective.
One question. Do the people that the aca was created to help have the 7000.00 dollars for each deductible
You mean the insurance companies? By my reckoning, that's who the ACA was created to help.

Seriously, if you want to help poor people, you don't need to socialize health insurance. Nor do you need to force everyone to buy in. Just expand the safety net. It'll be a lot cheaper and do less damage to the market.

^ 'Just expand the safety net. It'll be a lot cheaper and do less damage to the market.

the expanded medicaid portion of the ACA for any state that signs up for it is doing exactly that. for the 1st 5 years, 100% was on the gov'ment's dime, then 90% after that. why are some states still refusing, even after nearly a decade? oklahoma just signed up, which is great CONsidering so many covidiots live there.

Last edited:
He's been in office almost 4 years...

why hasn't he done that yet?

the ACA is in front of the SC right now - they will be deciding on whether the whole thing, including ALL the protections ( not just the pre existing condition protection ) go ba bye.

mandated yearly physicals,
vaccinations,
mammogram & colonoscopy coverage,
maternity care & well child care,
catastrophic cost protections,
annual coverage limit caps, lifetime caps,
children staying on their parents' policies until the age of 26...

just to name a few.

they all get wiped out.

Then the SC decides, not the President. So Will is correct. Thank you.

the case started in texas with donny's blessing. although fully aware - he has not weighed in to stop it; nor has mentioned anyting about it - thus duping his poorly educated deplorables even more.

wait till they find out after the fact. some will still say they are willing to die for him.

'merika! fuck ya!!!

So a Texas man has taken a law to the SC and the SC is going to rule on it. Trump has no power to stop it. If it is found to be unconstitutional the SC will strike it down. Trump has done nothing because it is going through a branch of government he is not apart of.

nooooooooooo............. it's the red republican donny supporting state of texas that got the ball rolling.

Anyone is allowed to challenge a law, Trump can’t stop this process because it is in the judicial branch of the government, just like Obama couldn’t stop the challenges that went to the SC for the ACA when he was President.

So Will is still correct and you are dead wrong after four tries.

so you equate ' weighing in ' with the ability to ' stop it '?

silly you - guess you missed comp class.

No the OP did.
So you equate not commenting on a subject as being for it?

Besides, Trump already has said he will push an EO requiring insurance to cover PECs.

uh-huh.

trump has already said that he would 'repeal & replace obamacare on DAY 1 '

trump said ' it's going to be so easy '

june 16, 2019:

STEPHANOPOULOS: Don't you have to tell people what the plan is?

TRUMP:
Yeah, well, we'll be announcing that in about two months.
Maybe less. So, yeah, sure you do. But-- but, again, that's-- that's subject to winning back the House, Senate and the presidency. You need the three. But we are--
Transcript: ABC News' George Stephanopoulos' exclusive interview with President Trump

july 19, 2020

dupes love getting duped.

That's the point of having insurance before something bad happens....

After all, you don't insure your house after it burns down, do you????

Piss poor analogy.
Explain why

I already did. read the posts.
You’re missing the key point. We are the fattest and unhealthiest country. Maybe less fast food, fatty and you won’t have worry about pre-existing conditions. Doesn’t all your Jew hatred burn calories?

I'm sure the board members don't want to talk about me, so I refer you to the OP.
The OP should be concentrated on why so many have preexisting conditions. Why do you keep deflecting?

I know you are trying to derail this post so I reported you. This easy, if you vote for tramp gone are the Pec's. Why don't you start a thread on what causes PEC's.

So why didn’t you answer Will’s point? If he is going to end PEC’s, why hasn’t he done so already?

He is waiting on the Supreme Court, you know he is trying to end PEC's and the ACA.

Waiting for the SC to do what?

strike down the ACA in its entirety. the case b4 them now argues that since the mandated coverage has been ruled 'unconstitutional' then the whole law must be ruled that way.
Right, and how does Trump end PEC’s if only the court can end it?

if PEC protections are eliminated, or rates are jacked up so much for those that fall into that category where they cannot afford a policy in any healthcare plan he signs - well there you have it.
How does Trump end PEC’s if only the court can?

by being allowed to sell crap plans that are illegal right now.

he'll tout how cheap they are..... lol....b ut WHY are they so cheap?

looky at the fine print.

dupes be duped.

No one is duped, that is just plain ignorant to say. Insurance commissioners are in every state protect the consumer. You are predisposed to believe that any profit is bad.

"Donny" hasn't done anything about healthcare. Which is annoying. I have great insurance but the system is super inefficient.

so do we. it's considered a 'cadillac' plan. of course it's inefficient. the profit motive is flawed from the start.

I do not mind the "profit motive" what I do mind is all the inefficiencies. There has to be a better way.

You mean the insurance companies? By my reckoning, that's who the ACA was created to help.

Seriously, if you want to help poor people, you don't need to socialize health insurance. Nor do you need to force everyone to buy in. Just expand the safety net. It'll be a lot cheaper and do less damage to the market.
Well, the ACA did expand the safety net by increasing Medicaid availability. Or at least it tried because so many Republican states refused to expand it.

As for helping insurance companies, what's ironic is that Republicans or conservatives were telling us the exact opposite back when it was being debated.

For example:

It's not just poor people we are worried about, it's those with preexisting conditions who are not poor but cannot get affordable insurance since the market doesn't have a way to make them profitable.

Once you start attacking the preexisting condition problem, there are cascading issues which result in the individual mandate.

why do you like giving CEOs millions of dollars to deny coverage?

Because it's my choice. CEO's can't have me arrested if I refuse to do business with them.

who's gonna arrest you?
That's the way government mandates work. Defy them. Go to jail. Don't be coy.

oh you need to provide an unbiased link that anybody was arrested due to not getting / non pmt of the yearly fine for refusing the health insurance mandate when the it was in effect.

chop chop, 'cause i'm logging off in a minute....

the ACA is in front of the SC right now - they will be deciding on whether the whole thing, including ALL the protections ( not just the pre existing condition protection ) go ba bye.

vaccinations,

just to name a few.

they all get wiped out.

the case started in texas with donny's blessing. although fully aware - he has not weighed in to stop it; nor has mentioned anyting about it - thus duping his poorly educated deplorables even more.

wait till they find out after the fact. some will still say they are willing to die for him.

'merika! fuck ya!!!

So a Texas man has taken a law to the SC and the SC is going to rule on it. Trump has no power to stop it. If it is found to be unconstitutional the SC will strike it down. Trump has done nothing because it is going through a branch of government he is not apart of.

nooooooooooo............. it's the red republican donny supporting state of texas that got the ball rolling.

Anyone is allowed to challenge a law, Trump can’t stop this process because it is in the judicial branch of the government, just like Obama couldn’t stop the challenges that went to the SC for the ACA when he was President.

No the OP did.

Besides, Trump already has said he will push an EO requiring insurance to cover PECs.

uh-huh.

june 16, 2019:

TRUMP:
Maybe less. So, yeah, sure you do. But-- but, again, that's-- that's subject to winning back the House, Senate and the presidency. You need the three. But we are--
Transcript: ABC News' George Stephanopoulos' exclusive interview with President Trump

july 19, 2020

Piss poor analogy.
Explain why

You’re missing the key point. We are the fattest and unhealthiest country. Maybe less fast food, fatty and you won’t have worry about pre-existing conditions. Doesn’t all your Jew hatred burn calories?

I'm sure the board members don't want to talk about me, so I refer you to the OP.
The OP should be concentrated on why so many have preexisting conditions. Why do you keep deflecting?

I know you are trying to derail this post so I reported you. This easy, if you vote for tramp gone are the Pec's. Why don't you start a thread on what causes PEC's.

So why didn’t you answer Will’s point? If he is going to end PEC’s, why hasn’t he done so already?

He is waiting on the Supreme Court, you know he is trying to end PEC's and the ACA.

strike down the ACA in its entirety. the case b4 them now argues that since the mandated coverage has been ruled 'unconstitutional' then the whole law must be ruled that way.

if PEC protections are eliminated, or rates are jacked up so much for those that fall into that category where they cannot afford a policy in any healthcare plan he signs - well there you have it.

looky at the fine print.

dupes be duped.

"Donny" hasn't done anything about healthcare. Which is annoying. I have great insurance but the system is super inefficient.

so do we. it's considered a 'cadillac' plan. of course it's inefficient. the profit motive is flawed from the start.

I do not mind the "profit motive" what I do mind is all the inefficiencies. There has to be a better way.

people need jobs to process claims & be pd for it. the inefficiencies start with the extreme salaries for people whose sole job is to deny coverage; whether it's for a flu shot or cancer treatment.

It's not just poor people we are worried about, it's those with preexisting conditions who are not poor but cannot get affordable insurance since the market doesn't have a way to make them profitable.

If someone is already sick, they don't need health insurance. They need health care.

Once you start attacking the preexisting condition problem, there are cascading issues which result in the individual mandate.

Yes. The notion that insurance can, or should, cover people with pre-existing conditions is the core delusion hampering health care reform. Trying to indulge that delusion with blunt force legal mandates only creates more problems. We need leaders with the balls to tell people their expectations are insane.

Last edited:

vaccinations,

just to name a few.

they all get wiped out.

'merika! fuck ya!!!

No the OP did.

uh-huh.

june 16, 2019:

TRUMP:

july 19, 2020

Piss poor analogy.
Explain why

looky at the fine print.

dupes be duped.

people need jobs to process claims & be pd for it. the inefficiencies start with the extreme salaries for people whose sole job is to deny coverage; whether it's for a flu shot or cancer treatment.

I just see it as stupid that we have administrators and that most get it through their employers. Make it like auto insurance. Pretty simple and not reliant on employment. I would support nationalized healthcare if we amended the 14th where anyone born here is automatically a citizen. And if people were also given the private option. And if doctors only paid a 15% income tax rate for their first 20 years of practice as they still have to pay for med school and their compensation would be lower.

Because it's my choice. CEO's can't have me arrested if I refuse to do business with them.

who's gonna arrest you?

oh you need to provide an unbiased link that anybody was arrested due to not getting / non pmt of the yearly fine for refusing the health insurance mandate when the it was in effect.

Every law government passes is backed by the threat of arrest and prosecution for those who defy it. That's the difference between a law and a suggestion. See ya.

Duped is anyone that believes a democrat or a republican and their campaign promises.

that's why i'm not a (D) ... but as far as healthcare is concerned - i'll believe that (D)s will deliver rather than the (R)s who tried some 60+ times to repeal the ACA - literally spending millions upon millions with no substitute ready to go.

I don't trust D's or R's to make anything better. The two parties are corrupt to the core. I don't believe anything they say nd they seem to screw up everything they do. My big issue with the ACA was it required a citizen to purchase a service or suffer a penalty. Government should not require any monetary payment to remain in good standing as a citizen. Thank you for the great conversation, we may not agree however it is good to get another perspective.
One question. Do the people that the aca was created to help have the 7000.00 dollars for each deductible

^ 'Just expand the safety net. It'll be a lot cheaper and do less damage to the market.

the expanded medicaid portion of the ACA for any state that signs up for it is doing exactly that. for the 1st 5 years, 100% was on the gov'ment's dime, then 90% after that. why are some states still refusing, even after nearly a decade? oklahoma just signed up, which is great CONsidering so many covidiots live there.
Are you really rich enough to provide a safety net for mexico

If someone is already sick, they don't need health insurance. They need health care.

Yes. The notion that insurance can, or should, cover people with pre-existing conditions is the core delusion hampering health care reform. Trying to indulge that delusion with blunt force legal mandates only creates more problems. We need leaders with the balls to tell people their expectations are insane.

If someone is sick, they need health care which is paid for by health insurance. Without coverage, their condition will bankrupt them which we would like to avoid.

Preexisting coverage problems is a core issue in health care. Although it only affects some people, it is an increasing problem. Specifically because more and more Americans have preexisting conditions and fewer and fewer are being covered by employer based insurance which due to HIPAA back in 1996.

If someone is sick, they need health care which is paid for by health insurance.

This is your presumption, a presumption that the health insurance industry very much wants you to have, but it isn't true. Believe it or not insurance isn't the only way to pay for health care! Look it up.

In fact, insurance is a really bad way to pay for health care (or anything else, really) and should only be used for catastrophic situations.

Preexisting coverage problems is a core issue in health care. Although it only affects some people, it is an increasing problem. Specifically because more and more Americans have preexisting conditions and fewer and fewer are being covered by employer based insurance which due to HIPAA back in 1996.

The idea that insurance should cover preexisting conditions is delusional. It's betrays a fundamental misunderstanding of how insurance works. Trying to force insurance to work that way, essentially converting insurance into a social welfare program, creates more problems than it solves.

If someone is sick, they need health care which is paid for by health insurance.

This is your presumption, a presumption that the health insurance industry very much wants you to have, but it isn't true. Believe it or not insurance isn't the only way to pay for health care! Look it up.

In fact, insurance is a really bad way to pay for health care (or anything else, really) and should only be used for catastrophic situations.

The idea that insurance should cover preexisting conditions is delusional. It's betrays a fundamental misunderstanding of how insurance works. Trying to force insurance to work that way, essentially converting insurance into a social welfare program, creates more problems than it solves.

Depends on what you mean. Most people would be bankrupted by any serious illness. I suppose if you're independently wealthy, it's not a big deal but those are the people most likely to have health insurance.

Without coverage for preexisting conditions, more and more people will be excluded from the insurance market and there is no way to handle that without massive disruption to the market and poorer medical outcomes.

Depends on what you mean. Most people would be bankrupted by any serious illness. I suppose if you're independently wealthy, it's not a big deal but those are the people most likely to have health insurance.

Exactly. Insurance isn't a way for poor people to not be poor. It's a hedge against financial loss for people who have money in the bank and want to protect themselves from potential bankruptcy.

Without coverage for preexisting conditions, more and more people will be excluded from the insurance market and there is no way to handle that without massive disruption to the market and poorer medical outcomes.

Again, you don't seem to understand how insurance works. And that's the real problem. You're trying to force insurance to be something it's not.

for PECs. They are not only for the ACA, they help all insurances except what tramp came out with short term plans, they only cover you if your young and healthy.

Short term plans were created to help fill temporary gaps in coverage that can occur in certain situations. These types of plans are typically not good substitutes for traditional health plans. They do not have to adhere to ACA standards. They provide limited benefits with generally much higher costs.
What is Short Term Health Insurance? | Cigna
-------------------------------------
They are pretty much the same as cobra, except they don't cover you if your have a PEC. I know a lot of you are on Medicare, but don't you want people younger to have PEC's coverage, your children and your grandkids?

Be wary of signing up for Advantage Plans.

Say bye if you vote for tramp.

He doesn't have a plan.

The republicans want to go back to pre the ACA.
Obama's taking control of 1/5 of the private sector to save me money over doubled my insurance for half the care and a deductible that can never be met. My daughter had to wait to the emergency beeper in her heart pace maker was going off before they would change the battery. So what you say would make me laugh if my family hadn't lived the fucked up obama care bull shit including the death squad so peddle your bull shit to some ignorant bastard liberal that don't know better. My whole life I have taken care of my family's health and didn't need some power hungry ass hole to do it for me. Never would no family member be close to death before meeting his death squads requirements. Until that piece of shit is hanging from a rope will justice return to this country.

Last edited:

Well, the ACA did expand the safety net by increasing Medicaid availability. Or at least it tried because so many Republican states refused to expand it.

As for helping insurance companies, what's ironic is that Republicans or conservatives were telling us the exact opposite back when it was being debated.

For example:

Sorry, MANY insurers bailed because of the losses. MANY agents were ruined because these companies cancelled all contracts and then pulled out. The ACA was NOT an improvement.

who's gonna arrest you?

Every law government passes is backed by the threat of arrest and prosecution for those who defy it. That's the difference between a law and a suggestion. See ya.

so no link to back up yer claim....only pure bullshit.

got it.

Are you really rich enough to provide a safety net for mexico

:wtf:

For example:

Sorry, MANY insurers bailed because of the losses. MANY agents were ruined because these companies cancelled all contracts and then pulled out. The ACA was NOT an improvement.

you can blame marco rubio for that.

Marco Rubio Quietly Undermines Affordable Care Act
By Robert Pear
Dec. 9, 2015

WASHINGTON — A little-noticed health care provision slipped into a giant spending law last year has tangled up the Obama administration, sent tremors through health insurance markets and rattled confidence in the durability of President Obama’s signature health law.

The attack stems from two years of effort by Senator Marco Rubio and others in Congress to undermine a key financing mechanism in the law. So for all the Republican talk about dismantling the Affordable Care Act, one Republican presidential hopeful has actually done something toward achieving that goal.
Mr. Rubio’s efforts against the so-called risk corridor provision of the health law have hardly risen to the forefront of the race for the Republican presidential nomination, but his plan limiting how much the government can spend to protect insurance companies against financial losses has shown the effectiveness of quiet legislative sabotage.

The risk corridors were intended to help some insurance companies if they ended up with too many new sick people on their rolls and too little cash from premiums to cover their medical bills in the first three years under the health law. But because of Mr. Rubio’s efforts, the administration says it will pay only 13 percent of what insurance companies were expecting to receive this year. The payments were supposed to help insurers cope with the risks they assumed when they decided to participate in the law’s new insurance marketplaces.
[...]

Marco Rubio Quietly Undermines Affordable Care Act

who's gonna arrest you?

got it.
Dodgem.

who's gonna arrest you?

got it.
Dodgem.

you sure did.

no link = no credibility.

Forum List

Back