Gone are pre-existing conditions if you vote for trump, and I know some trumpers are counting on the ACA

No one is duped, that is just plain ignorant to say. Insurance commissioners are in every state protect the consumer. You are predisposed to believe that any profit is bad.

duped are those that believe donny.

Duped is anyone that believes a democrat or a republican and their campaign promises.

that's why i'm not a (D) ... but as far as healthcare is concerned - i'll believe that (D)s will deliver rather than the (R)s who tried some 60+ times to repeal the ACA - literally spending millions upon millions with no substitute ready to go.

That's the point of having insurance before something bad happens....

After all, you don't insure your house after it burns down, do you????

Piss poor analogy.
Explain why

I already did. read the posts.
You’re missing the key point. We are the fattest and unhealthiest country. Maybe less fast food, fatty and you won’t have worry about pre-existing conditions. Doesn’t all your Jew hatred burn calories?

I'm sure the board members don't want to talk about me, so I refer you to the OP.
The OP should be concentrated on why so many have preexisting conditions. Why do you keep deflecting?

I know you are trying to derail this post so I reported you. This easy, if you vote for tramp gone are the Pec's. Why don't you start a thread on what causes PEC's.

So why didn’t you answer Will’s point? If he is going to end PEC’s, why hasn’t he done so already?

He is waiting on the Supreme Court, you know he is trying to end PEC's and the ACA.

Waiting for the SC to do what?

It up at the SC and tramp wants it to be gone.
What is up to the SC? You keep dodging.
CNBC is fake news. Anything else?

holy crap azog - you really didn't know it's b4 the SC? they will be hearing the case after the election. do yer own research then.
Again, I do not care. ACA is a scam. Want good insurance? Get a good job.

Or better yet, pay for your own healthcare. Insurance is for unexpected loss. It doesn't make healthcare cheaper, it makes it more expensive.

No one expects bad health news. You get cancer, you need a heart bypass and have no health insurance? You're screwed and most likely will be bankrupted in a very short amount of time.

So your "better yet - pay for it yourself" thing doesn't work. Bad health news is ALWAYS unexpected and is something no one can anticipate.

forget about an unexpected illness - what about some drunk driver smashing into you or by some other accident like a bad fall?

Yes, those are valid uses for insurance. But using insurance to finance "wellness visits" and other routine health care expenses is stupid. It's just funneling money through insurance company middlemen, for no reason other than to give the insurance companies a "cut". Thanks Obama!

ummmmm ' for profit ' insurance has been the norm far longer than the ACA was in effect.

b4 the ACA, the insurance companies could charge what they wanted, for coverage they wanted to give & take whatever profits they deemed nessisary to keep them in the black & pay their CEOs & board of directors multi millions a yr.

the ACA mandates that 80% of ind. policy premiums & 85% of group ins. premiums go directly for the healthcare of the policy holder or a refund gets issued.

THANX OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ACA is like putting a band aid on a gushing wound. It doesn’t work. We need to revamp insurance in the US but Obama did it stupidly. Trump hasn’t done it at all. Both get Fs so far. Hopefully if he wins, Trump addresses this in his 2nd term. But if you believe the ACA is a success you are financially illiterate.

the ACA is far from perfect.... but what it DID do, was get 20,000,000 people healthcare that otherwise wouldn't have it.

that's hardly a fail.

what we need is universal healthcare ... you know... like israel has.

at the very least, we shoulda had the public option & obama caved way too early on that. the insurance cos fought like hell to make sure that didn't happen because they knew a huge majority would go for that & they didnt want the competition. so much for the capitalistic free mkt system 'eh?

donny isn't going to do crap but go back to the same shitty plans that were around b4 the ACA.
I do not disagree with you except that our Govt sucks at managing such. I think it should be like auto insurance.

Piss poor analogy.
Explain why

You’re missing the key point. We are the fattest and unhealthiest country. Maybe less fast food, fatty and you won’t have worry about pre-existing conditions. Doesn’t all your Jew hatred burn calories?

I'm sure the board members don't want to talk about me, so I refer you to the OP.
The OP should be concentrated on why so many have preexisting conditions. Why do you keep deflecting?

I know you are trying to derail this post so I reported you. This easy, if you vote for tramp gone are the Pec's. Why don't you start a thread on what causes PEC's.

So why didn’t you answer Will’s point? If he is going to end PEC’s, why hasn’t he done so already?

He is waiting on the Supreme Court, you know he is trying to end PEC's and the ACA.

holy crap azog - you really didn't know it's b4 the SC? they will be hearing the case after the election. do yer own research then.

Or better yet, pay for your own healthcare. Insurance is for unexpected loss. It doesn't make healthcare cheaper, it makes it more expensive.

No one expects bad health news. You get cancer, you need a heart bypass and have no health insurance? You're screwed and most likely will be bankrupted in a very short amount of time.

So your "better yet - pay for it yourself" thing doesn't work. Bad health news is ALWAYS unexpected and is something no one can anticipate.

forget about an unexpected illness - what about some drunk driver smashing into you or by some other accident like a bad fall?

Yes, those are valid uses for insurance. But using insurance to finance "wellness visits" and other routine health care expenses is stupid. It's just funneling money through insurance company middlemen, for no reason other than to give the insurance companies a "cut". Thanks Obama!

ummmmm ' for profit ' insurance has been the norm far longer than the ACA was in effect.

b4 the ACA, the insurance companies could charge what they wanted, for coverage they wanted to give & take whatever profits they deemed nessisary to keep them in the black & pay their CEOs & board of directors multi millions a yr.

the ACA mandates that 80% of ind. policy premiums & 85% of group ins. premiums go directly for the healthcare of the policy holder or a refund gets issued.

Did you sprain your wrist steering around the point? Deflection is not a river in Egypt.

Insurance makes health care more expensive. It's the primary reason health care costs more than it should. We need less insurance, not more. Though I can see how insurance industry shills would offer up a different line.

we need universal healthcare where the profit motive is eliminated.

The Democratic Party would never agree to that. The health insurance is a multibillion dollar industry and spend millions of dollars in lobbying congress and contributing to democratic candidates. The loss of the industry would also make a huge economic impact and the republicans and democrats won't replace a to big to fail industry.

If Medicare For All works like Medicare, private insurance companies will profit from it handsomely.

the overhead is way lower, & the more that buy in - the better the pool - the better the coverage & premium rates overall.
It’s just silly to force me to pay for something so that someone else may benefit. Has to be a better way.

for PECs. They are not only for the ACA, they help all insurances except what tramp came out with short term plans, they only cover you if your young and healthy.

Short term plans were created to help fill temporary gaps in coverage that can occur in certain situations. These types of plans are typically not good substitutes for traditional health plans. They do not have to adhere to ACA standards. They provide limited benefits with generally much higher costs.
What is Short Term Health Insurance? | Cigna
-------------------------------------
They are pretty much the same as cobra, except they don't cover you if your have a PEC. I know a lot of you are on Medicare, but don't you want people younger to have PEC's coverage, your children and your grandkids?

Be wary of signing up for Advantage Plans.

Say bye if you vote for tramp.

He doesn't have a plan.

The republicans want to go back to pre the ACA.
Is Democrat a pre existing condition I doubt any doctor could cure it.

He's been in office almost 4 years...

why hasn't he done that yet?

the ACA is in front of the SC right now - they will be deciding on whether the whole thing, including ALL the protections ( not just the pre existing condition protection ) go ba bye.

mandated yearly physicals,
vaccinations,
mammogram & colonoscopy coverage,
maternity care & well child care,
catastrophic cost protections,
annual coverage limit caps, lifetime caps,
children staying on their parents' policies until the age of 26...

just to name a few.

they all get wiped out.

Then the SC decides, not the President. So Will is correct. Thank you.

the case started in texas with donny's blessing. although fully aware - he has not weighed in to stop it; nor has mentioned anyting about it - thus duping his poorly educated deplorables even more.

wait till they find out after the fact. some will still say they are willing to die for him.

'merika! fuck ya!!!

So a Texas man has taken a law to the SC and the SC is going to rule on it. Trump has no power to stop it. If it is found to be unconstitutional the SC will strike it down. Trump has done nothing because it is going through a branch of government he is not apart of.

nooooooooooo............. it's the red republican donny supporting state of texas that got the ball rolling.

Anyone is allowed to challenge a law, Trump can’t stop this process because it is in the judicial branch of the government, just like Obama couldn’t stop the challenges that went to the SC for the ACA when he was President.

So Will is still correct and you are dead wrong after four tries.

so you equate ' weighing in ' with the ability to ' stop it '?

silly you - guess you missed comp class.

No the OP did.
So you equate not commenting on a subject as being for it?

Besides, Trump already has said he will push an EO requiring insurance to cover PECs.

uh-huh.

trump has already said that he would 'repeal & replace obamacare on DAY 1 '

trump said ' it's going to be so easy '

june 16, 2019:

STEPHANOPOULOS: Don't you have to tell people what the plan is?

TRUMP:
Yeah, well, we'll be announcing that in about two months.
Maybe less. So, yeah, sure you do. But-- but, again, that's-- that's subject to winning back the House, Senate and the presidency. You need the three. But we are--
Transcript: ABC News' George Stephanopoulos' exclusive interview with President Trump

july 19, 2020

dupes love getting duped.

Piss poor analogy.
Explain why

strike down the ACA in its entirety. the case b4 them now argues that since the mandated coverage has been ruled 'unconstitutional' then the whole law must be ruled that way.
Right, and how does Trump end PEC’s if only the court can end it?

if PEC protections are eliminated, or rates are jacked up so much for those that fall into that category where they cannot afford a policy in any healthcare plan he signs - well there you have it.
How does Trump end PEC’s if only the court can?

by being allowed to sell crap plans that are illegal right now.

he'll tout how cheap they are..... lol....b ut WHY are they so cheap?

looky at the fine print.

dupes be duped.

No one is duped, that is just plain ignorant to say. Insurance commissioners are in every state protect the consumer. You are predisposed to believe that any profit is bad.

"Donny" hasn't done anything about healthcare. Which is annoying. I have great insurance but the system is super inefficient.

for PECs. They are not only for the ACA, they help all insurances except what tramp came out with short term plans, they only cover you if your young and healthy.

Short term plans were created to help fill temporary gaps in coverage that can occur in certain situations. These types of plans are typically not good substitutes for traditional health plans. They do not have to adhere to ACA standards. They provide limited benefits with generally much higher costs.
What is Short Term Health Insurance? | Cigna
-------------------------------------
They are pretty much the same as cobra, except they don't cover you if your have a PEC. I know a lot of you are on Medicare, but don't you want people younger to have PEC's coverage, your children and your grandkids?

Be wary of signing up for Advantage Plans.

Say bye if you vote for tramp.

He doesn't have a plan.

The republicans want to go back to pre the ACA.
Please take your meds

The Democratic Party would never agree to that. The health insurance is a multibillion dollar industry and spend millions of dollars in lobbying congress and contributing to democratic candidates. The loss of the industry would also make a huge economic impact and the republicans and democrats won't replace a to big to fail industry.

If Medicare For All works like Medicare, private insurance companies will profit from it handsomely.

Possibly, I just don't see insurance companies making such concessions and as we found out with the passing of ACA with 60 Democrats in the Senate, reconciliation was still needed and many concessions were mad to get it passed. I wouldn't mind a Medicare for all, however, I doubt it would work the same as the current medicare.

Well, working the same as current Medicare is how they sell it. They claim it would require very little retooling. But if it does worth the same, the government will simply be farming out our insurance to the same companies we're dealing with now. They'll still profit. Moreover, they're profits won't depend on pleasing customer as much as lobbying regulators.

the ACA is in front of the SC right now - they will be deciding on whether the whole thing, including ALL the protections ( not just the pre existing condition protection ) go ba bye.

vaccinations,

just to name a few.

they all get wiped out.

the case started in texas with donny's blessing. although fully aware - he has not weighed in to stop it; nor has mentioned anyting about it - thus duping his poorly educated deplorables even more.

wait till they find out after the fact. some will still say they are willing to die for him.

'merika! fuck ya!!!

So a Texas man has taken a law to the SC and the SC is going to rule on it. Trump has no power to stop it. If it is found to be unconstitutional the SC will strike it down. Trump has done nothing because it is going through a branch of government he is not apart of.

nooooooooooo............. it's the red republican donny supporting state of texas that got the ball rolling.

Anyone is allowed to challenge a law, Trump can’t stop this process because it is in the judicial branch of the government, just like Obama couldn’t stop the challenges that went to the SC for the ACA when he was President.

No the OP did.

Besides, Trump already has said he will push an EO requiring insurance to cover PECs.

uh-huh.

june 16, 2019:

TRUMP:
Maybe less. So, yeah, sure you do. But-- but, again, that's-- that's subject to winning back the House, Senate and the presidency. You need the three. But we are--
Transcript: ABC News' George Stephanopoulos' exclusive interview with President Trump

july 19, 2020

I dont believe campaign promises, it is all hot air. I don’t believe that Trump will end PECs because he hasn’t yet and it is just another politician’s BS. So you agree then that Trump doesn’t follow thru on promises and so will not end PEC’s?

right now he not because right now he can't.

you believe he'll keep them on ... sure he will....

for a price.

Yesterday Trump was claiming he would make an executive order requiring insurance companies to have PEC's. So I'm not understanding what your fear is.

ahhhhhhhhhhh but will there be caveat that anyone with a PEC not be penalized with higher premiums for the same coverage as those without?

THAT is what i want to see.

That is a good question however right now the rates are already in effect with the PEC's already calculated in. So that shouldn't change and since the EO would be in effect it they would all have the same choice.

Possibly, I just don't see insurance companies making such concessions and as we found out with the passing of ACA with 60 Democrats in the Senate, reconciliation was still needed and many concessions were mad to get it passed. I wouldn't mind a Medicare for all, however, I doubt it would work the same as the current medicare.

Well, working the same as current Medicare is how they sell it. They claim it would require very little retooling. But if it does worth the same, the government will simply be farming out our insurance to the same companies we're dealing with now. They'll still profit. Moreover, they're profits won't depend on pleasing customer as much as lobbying regulators.

If they don't screw with it, then I could actually see that working. My worry is government screws up everything they try to improve.

Duped is anyone that believes a democrat or a republican and their campaign promises.

that's why i'm not a (D) ... but as far as healthcare is concerned - i'll believe that (D)s will deliver rather than the (R)s who tried some 60+ times to repeal the ACA - literally spending millions upon millions with no substitute ready to go.

I don't trust D's or R's to make anything better. The two parties are corrupt to the core. I don't believe anything they say nd they seem to screw up everything they do. My big issue with the ACA was it required a citizen to purchase a service or suffer a penalty. Government should not require any monetary payment to remain in good standing as a citizen. Thank you for the great conversation, we may not agree however it is good to get another perspective.

If they don't screw with it, then I could actually see that working. My worry is government screws up everything they try to improve.

I think it would be a disaster. Even if it runs "as advertized", it will just be another feeding trough for rent-seeking corporations.

Last edited:

I don't trust D's or R's to make anything better. The two parties are corrupt to the core. I don't believe anything they say nd they seem to screw up everything they do. My big issue with the ACA was it required a citizen to purchase a service or suffer a penalty. Government should not require any monetary payment to remain in good standing as a citizen. Thank you for the great conversation, we may not agree however it is good to get another perspective.
One question. Do the people that the aca was created to help have the 7000.00 dollars for each deductible

One question. Do the people that the aca was created to help have the 7000.00 dollars for each deductible
You mean the insurance companies? By my reckoning, that's who the ACA was created to help.

Seriously, if you want to help poor people, you don't need to socialize health insurance. Nor do you need to force everyone to buy in. Just expand the safety net. It'll be a lot cheaper and do less damage to the market.

Piss poor analogy.

Actually it is a spot on analogy. You clearly have NO understanding of Insurance. Let me enlighten you.

Insurance is an economic institution that allows the transfer of financial risk (ie-Medical bills) from an individual to a pooled group of risks by means of a two‐party contract with the Insurance company or companies. In order for that contract to be in full force and effect, consideration needs to be given by both parties, the proposed insured and the insurance company. The proposed insured pays premiums, the insurance carrier promises to pay losses(medical bills in the case of Health insurance). An individual with a pre-existing condition is only deemed to have a pre-existing condition IF, and ONLY IF, they have the condition and are without insurance for a period of time ( typically 6 months) prior to applying to the new carrier. Allowing someone who has not been paying their portion of consideration to have a condition covered (payed for) by the insurance carrier simply by securing coverage after the condition arises, is akin to purcahsing home owner insurance only AFTER your house burns down and not ahead of time IN CASE it burns down. It is the accumulation of those low premiums (relative to claims) over time that allows an insurance company to pay the high (relative to single premiums) dollar claims.

That is why I'm all for the mandate before they get a PEC with no questionnaire, not even hgt and wt. with no premium raise.

All for a Mandate, huh? All for Government FORCING EVERYONE to do something .....because heaven forbid we expect ANYONE to take personal responsibility for their own lives. Typical Socialist, Liberal, Progressive( progressive...lmao....that's a joke...more like regressive) big brother government attitude. Don't worry about anything. Big Brother Government will tell you what to do, when to do it, how to do it. I hold out hope that one day there will be no Liberals left due to suffication because the government hasn't told you how to and when to breath. Pathetic individuals each and every one.

Piss poor analogy.

Actually it is a spot on analogy. You clearly have NO understanding of Insurance. Let me enlighten you.

Insurance is an economic institution that allows the transfer of financial risk (ie-Medical bills) from an individual to a pooled group of risks by means of a two‐party contract with the Insurance company or companies. In order for that contract to be in full force and effect, consideration needs to be given by both parties, the proposed insured and the insurance company. The proposed insured pays premiums, the insurance carrier promises to pay losses(medical bills in the case of Health insurance). An individual with a pre-existing condition is only deemed to have a pre-existing condition IF, and ONLY IF, they have the condition and are without insurance for a period of time ( typically 6 months) prior to applying to the new carrier. Allowing someone who has not been paying their portion of consideration to have a condition covered (payed for) by the insurance carrier simply by securing coverage after the condition arises, is akin to purcahsing home owner insurance only AFTER your house burns down and not ahead of time IN CASE it burns down. It is the accumulation of those low premiums (relative to claims) over time that allows an insurance company to pay the high (relative to single premiums) dollar claims.

That is why I'm all for the mandate before they get a PEC with no questionnaire, not even hgt and wt. with no premium raise.

All for a Mandate, huh? All for Government FORCING EVERYONE to do something .....because heaven forbid we expect ANYONE to take personal responsibility for their own lives. Typical Socialist, Liberal, Progressive( progressive...lmao....that's a joke...more like regressive) big brother government attitude. Don't worry about anything. Big Brother Government will tell you what to do, when to do it, how to do it. I hold out hope that one day there will be no Liberals left due to suffication because the government hasn't told you how to and when to breath. Pathetic individuals each and every one.

I don't think liberals fully appreciate how much this attitude drives people to support Trump, even those who don't like him. Yet they can't seem to let go of the "we-know-better" approach to government.

Piss poor analogy.
Explain why

Did you sprain your wrist steering around the point? Deflection is not a river in Egypt.

Insurance makes health care more expensive. It's the primary reason health care costs more than it should. We need less insurance, not more. Though I can see how insurance industry shills would offer up a different line.

we need universal healthcare where the profit motive is eliminated.

the overhead is way lower, & the more that buy in - the better the pool - the better the coverage & premium rates overall.
It’s just silly to force me to pay for something so that someone else may benefit. Has to be a better way.

yet a public option or medicare for all is a buy in, not forced by any means.

besides, as for 'taxes' you pay 'em pay for police & fire protection... you may never need them personally - but it's damn wise to have them overall - for the good of society; ... ain't that right, zogster?

vaccinations,

just to name a few.

they all get wiped out.

'merika! fuck ya!!!

No the OP did.

uh-huh.

june 16, 2019:

TRUMP:

july 19, 2020

Piss poor analogy.
Explain why

strike down the ACA in its entirety. the case b4 them now argues that since the mandated coverage has been ruled 'unconstitutional' then the whole law must be ruled that way.
Right, and how does Trump end PEC’s if only the court can end it?

if PEC protections are eliminated, or rates are jacked up so much for those that fall into that category where they cannot afford a policy in any healthcare plan he signs - well there you have it.
How does Trump end PEC’s if only the court can?

by being allowed to sell crap plans that are illegal right now.

he'll tout how cheap they are..... lol....b ut WHY are they so cheap?

looky at the fine print.

dupes be duped.

"Donny" hasn't done anything about healthcare. Which is annoying. I have great insurance but the system is super inefficient.

so do we. it's considered a 'cadillac' plan. of course it's inefficient. the profit motive is flawed from the start.

Forum List

Back