We are seeing, all around us, the tragic consequences of forcing God out of essential parts of public life, and allowing Satan into the voids thus created. Certainly, that is not what the founding fathers intended.

God has never been forced out of any parts of your life. Pray when you want. There is no law against that. There is law against forced prayers in gov't schools. But when I was in high school in the late '70s, one of my best friends prayed often. No one said a word.

For far too long, the Church sat on its hands playing "social club" while America began its downward cultural spiral. This is why we got the "right" to abortion, Sodomite "marriage", and soon, kiddie diddler "rights.

"kiddie diddler rights"? No. Every bit of this starts with "Consenting Adults".

But the thing is, totalitarians like you want us to keep silent about the Truth. We will not be silent, and we will put our people in positions of power to ensure that G-d is once again honored in this country.

I don't think I said it in this thread. But I have said it many, many times throughout my time on these forums.

While I will argue for same sex marriage, I firmly believe that the government has absolutely no business issuing marriage licenses or providing special benefits for married people.

I would prefer that the gov't not be involved. But if they must, then they must treat every consenting adult the same.

Just as they have been working to water down Roe v. Wade , with restrictions on abortion, they continue to concern themselves with another, more recent decision, Obergfelle v Hodges which made same sex marriage the law of the land.

They are obsessed with people private lives and social issues, while purporting to be the party of freedom and individual responsibility.

While the country is facing numerous threats and problems both foreign and domestic, they can’t keep their noses out of people’s bedrooms. While they are hell bent on allowing Wall Street to run amok, and letting corporations pollute the planet, women, gays and other who they disapprove of must be tightly controlled.

While they are not actively seeking to overturn Obergefell- that know that even with a conservative SCOTUS- it would be a long road to hoe. So as with Roe, they are finding ways to water down the gains that have been made with respect to choice, privacy, and equality. Consider:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/opinion-signorile-georgia-adoption_us_5a9c23e7e4b0a0ba4ad45681

Adoption is only one of several fronts on which they are attacking:

I

Is that what God would want? These issues, along wth the myriad of so call "bathroom bills " aimed at trans people make it clear that the GOP is hell bent on making life as difficult as possible for LGBT people in order to appease the religious right.
Intelligent people understand that anytime you mess around down there by doing unnatural things, horrific results ensue. How you people think we got the worldwide AIDS epidemic? Illicit sex.

I don't think I said it in this thread. But I have said it many, many times throughout my time on these forums.

While I will argue for same sex marriage, I firmly believe that the government has absolutely no business issuing marriage licenses or providing special benefits for married people.

I would prefer that the gov't not be involved. But if they must, then they must treat every consenting adult the same.
Nonsense. If they "consent" to immorality, they must be denied.

Nonsense. If they "consent" to immorality, they must be denied.

There is immorality in straight marriage too. Isn't divorce immoral by your standards?

And the immorality of gay marriage is a religious restriction. It should not be a gov't one.

Intelligent people understand that anytime you mess around down there by doing unnatural things, horrific results ensue. How you people think we got the worldwide AIDS epidemic? Illicit sex.
Intelligent people understand that this thread is about the continued opposition to same sex marriage and the myriad of ways that the GOP is trying to undermine gay rights.

If you are trying to make a case against gay marriage by citing AIDS, it is a desperate use of a logical fallacy, specifically a false cause fallacy, not to mention just plain stupid. People are going to have sex as they please with or without marriage. I will also point out that heterosexuals also engage in some of those same sexual practices

Intelligent people understand that the AIDS epidemic sprung from a time when gay men were marginalized had few options other than having anonymous sex in bath houses and dark theaters. Their relationships were not afforded any legitimacy and therefore unstable and ripe for promiscuity. Now, it has been found that gay men who are married or otherwise in a committed relationship are far less likely to transmit diseases.

Intelligent people understand that anyone who expresses concern about AIDS but does not support laws and policies that allow gays to fully participate in society by the light of day are hypocrites and just plain full of shit

Government should not sanction immorality.

I think gov't should not be in the marriage business at all.

But sanctioning immorality is a cute saying but largely meaningless. The gov't is not in the morality business. And what is immoral for one group is fine for another.

What? Sue you for what? I don't care whether you agree with it, disagree with it or hate it.
You're uninformed or a liar. Queers are suing people who own businesses for not bending to their demands on same-sex marriage.

Forum List

Back