Godliness and health

deorro 1

Aug 22, 2019
Is it true that Godliness and health go hand in hand? Whom might say it does? Would the ancient ones? Would modern ones? Would the Prophets of God or would the Apostles of Christ Messiah?

So who would equate Godliness and health being in the same 'boat' unto Salvation?

From where does this idea of health come from? From the belly... The belly is as a god unto mankind.. When the belly growls the person becomes upset..

So this idea that health and Godliness are in the same boat come from those whose dietary 'detoxing' is causing them to spew all forms of venom into the streets.. When a person detoxes, mostly against his/her own will, that person will end up saying all manners of things undesired... Detoxing from meat is the same as detoxing from any other 'chemical'. Even Tobacco. But does The Holy Bible warn or advise against smoking Tobacco? Not alluding to smoking or not smoking but does it say anything about smoking? Of course it doesn't say anything about syringe needles since those were 'invented' much later... But does The Holy Bible say anything about 'smoking', or inhaling 'smoke'?

And does The Holy Bible say anything about alcohol? Yes.. What does it say? To not partake? To not even consume 1 drop? No.. it says to not get caught up in alcohol drinking to become 'debaucherous', 'licentious'. To not get 'overly' drunk where the person is not keeping to his/her manners/ his/her courtesies, his/her proper social behavior.. not behaving as wild men whirling a sword around endangering the lives of others around all for self sake.. Drunkeness usually has that involved. The lacking of concern towards others' thoughts and emotions.. it's all about I, I, I.
And so The Holy Bible warns against over drinking, over indulgence... getting intoxicated or 'drunk'... But it does NOT say to abstain, to refrain, to run away from 1 drop of alcohol....

And so does The Holy Bible mention anything about 'smoke'? As smoke to the eyes, so also the messenger who brings false reports, or something like that?

Proverbs 10:26 “As vinegar to the teeth, and as smoke to the eyes, so is the sluggard to them that send him.”

As smoke is to the eyes; so is the sluggard to them that send him...

Send who?

Send those who are wrong doers in the previous verses or the right doers in the same verses?
To whom will the sluggard be as smoke to the eyes? Probably to the ones who tries to 'send' the sluggard... whomever that might be... To that one who tries to urge the unwilling 'ass/donkey' to budge.. barely.. hardly... like smoke to the eyes is the one who tries to 'move' an unwilling 'donkey'.
Like smoke to the eyes are the ones who tries to 'send'/ to put into motion, the sluggard....

But besides this,, does The Holy Bible say anything about 'smoke'? no.. not really..

However, does the New Testament say anything about 'foods'? About certain 'foods' to be held and treated as it could be 'sin' or a 'sinful' act? But again, does the New Testament even speak of 'sin' in of itself or is 'sin' an Old Testament thing and if so, then why should/would New Testament persons be concerned? Damned if they 'know', damned if they don't... ... So it's better to not... And for this reason, probably, does the New Testament NOT speak about 'sin' but rather 'transgression' of 'Law' which is spoken of in The Book of Galatia, a Gentile 'place', pertaining to 'keeping' the 'Local Galatian' Laws that kept Galatian citizens civilized; or at least attempted to....

So although drinks and smoke is not mentioned of in the New Testament, is 'food' mentioned?

As a matter of fact it is.. In Acts chapter 15...

Acts 15:5 "But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses."

Acts 15: 18 "Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world. 19Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: 20But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. "

And here it mentions 'meats'.. Acts 15: 29"That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well."

And so... this meat thing.. in the same sentence with idols, with blood, with strangulation and with fornication.. From Whom does this 'come' from? From The LORD? From God? From Christ Messiah? From The Apostles?

So there is a difference between meat, drink and smoke... and there is a difference between Godliness and health and the association between them in the proper, Godly, righteous manner.... Not in the manner of 'not even 1 drop of alcohol' ideology.

Last edited:
Godliness and health have NOTHING in common. In fact I would suggest that it’s almost an inverse relationship... the more Faithful a person is it seems like they get riddled with more health problems. I would suggest that this is a matter of testing the Faith of the individual and is a major reason why I have no use for the “God(s)” of the major religions.

Is it true that Godliness and health go hand in hand?

If they go hand and hand, who is more healthy than a child yet less experienced in God?

And who is more experienced in, learned in the wisdom of religion yet less healthy than the very old?

Health is of the body, godliness is of the soul.

Is it true that Godliness and health go hand in hand? Whom might say it does? Would the ancient ones? Would modern ones? Would the Prophets of God or would the Apostles of Christ Messiah?

So who would equate Godliness and health being in the same 'boat' unto Salvation?
I don't know where you're getting these ideas but no, Godliness and health often do not go hand in hand.
2 Corinthians 12:9
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

• Banned

From where does this idea of health come from? From the belly... The belly is as a god unto mankind.. When the belly growls the person becomes upset..

So this idea that health and Godliness are in the same boat come from those whose dietary 'detoxing' is causing them to spew all forms of venom into the streets.. When a person detoxes, mostly against his/her own will, that person will end up saying all manners of things undesired... Detoxing from meat is the same as detoxing from any other 'chemical'. Even Tobacco. But does The Holy Bible warn or advise against smoking Tobacco? Not alluding to smoking or not smoking but does it say anything about smoking? Of course it doesn't say anything about syringe needles since those were 'invented' much later... But does The Holy Bible say anything about 'smoking', or inhaling 'smoke'?

And does The Holy Bible say anything about alcohol? Yes.. What does it say? To not partake? To not even consume 1 drop? No.. it says to not get caught up in alcohol drinking to become 'debaucherous', 'licentious'. To not get 'overly' drunk where the person is not keeping to his/her manners/ his/her courtesies, his/her proper social behavior.. not behaving as wild men whirling a sword around endangering the lives of others around all for self sake.. Drunkeness usually has that involved. The lacking of concern towards others' thoughts and emotions.. it's all about I, I, I.
And so The Holy Bible warns against over drinking, over indulgence... getting intoxicated or 'drunk'... But it does NOT say to abstain, to refrain, to run away from 1 drop of alcohol....

And so does The Holy Bible mention anything about 'smoke'? As smoke to the eyes, so also the messenger who brings false reports, or something like that?

Proverbs 10:26 “As vinegar to the teeth, and as smoke to the eyes, so is the sluggard to them that send him.”

As smoke is to the eyes; so is the sluggard to them that send him...

Send who?

Send those who are wrong doers in the previous verses or the right doers in the same verses?
To whom will the sluggard be as smoke to the eyes? Probably to the ones who tries to 'send' the sluggard... whomever that might be... To that one who tries to urge the unwilling 'ass/donkey' to budge.. barely.. hardly... like smoke to the eyes is the one who tries to 'move' an unwilling 'donkey'.
Like smoke to the eyes are the ones who tries to 'send'/ to put into motion, the sluggard....

But besides this,, does The Holy Bible say anything about 'smoke'? no.. not really..

However, does the New Testament say anything about 'foods'? About certain 'foods' to be held and treated as it could be 'sin' or a 'sinful' act? But again, does the New Testament even speak of 'sin' in of itself or is 'sin' an Old Testament thing and if so, then why should/would New Testament persons be concerned? Damned if they 'know', damned if they don't... ... So it's better to not... And for this reason, probably, does the New Testament NOT speak about 'sin' but rather 'transgression' of 'Law' which is spoken of in The Book of Galatia, a Gentile 'place', pertaining to 'keeping' the 'Local Galatian' Laws that kept Galatian citizens civilized; or at least attempted to....

So although drinks and smoke is not mentioned of in the New Testament, is 'food' mentioned?

As a matter of fact it is.. In Acts chapter 15...

Acts 15:5 "But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses."

Acts 15: 18 "Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world. 19Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: 20But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. "

And here it mentions 'meats'.. Acts 15: 29"That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well."

And so... this meat thing.. in the same sentence with idols, with blood, with strangulation and with fornication.. From Whom does this 'come' from? From The LORD? From God? From Christ Messiah? From The Apostles?

So there is a difference between meat, drink and smoke... and there is a difference between Godliness and health and the association between them in the proper, Godly, righteous manner.... Not in the manner of 'not even 1 drop of alcohol' ideology.

Damned if I do,, Damned if I don't...

haha..

And it was seen as 'infeasible' ..

I'm not going to lie to The Holy Spirit... I'm not going to be an Ananias or Sapphira..

Acts 5:1-11

"But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, 2And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet. 3But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 4Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. 5And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. 6And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.

7And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in. 8And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much. 9Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out. 10Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband. 11And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things."

Keep in mind that this 'giving' up of the spirit can only be/can only occur when they 'lied' to the Holy Ghost... The Holy Ghost first needing to have been 'received'... Remember what Christ Messiah said? Ask and The Heavenly Father will give you The Holy Ghost/Spirit? To these, after asking and receiving, to deliberately lie... then maybe much more feasible than not.

With the sideline prankters? Just alot more ouchies than 'giving up the spirit'...

The Church at Galatia.. Were they immersed into The Lord? Were they 'baptized' as Christ Messiah spoke and as the Eunuch with Philip also listened to and received?

Acts 8:36 "And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?"

But as far as 'meat' is concerned.. For me, meat tastes good.. well at least it did when I used to be a ravenous human being... Eating all manners of meat and flesh.. even slimy crawly ones.. After all, I'm only as civilized as my socio economic background and upbringing allows me to be, right?

But soon, even while during my carnivorous years, I heard some vegetarians give account to their side of the story.. and they also had a point... Why should I need to have another 'life' die in order to keep 'mine' when veggies and plants, etc.. can sustain my life just as they do to those lives which are slaughtered for brief meals which end up in the latrine...

And then I came across this verse...

Do not eat meats offered to idols or meats strangled?

Wow... The blood not being eaten is an Old Testament 'law'...
But meats offered to idols and meats strangled? How in God's Holy Name is any 'man' or group of men going to 'strangle' any 'ox' or cow or cattle or even 'hog'? My goodness... I mean have you ever tried to 'strangle' a hog? Good luck at getting dinner..

I asked once, 'Why was that person 'created' to remain short even when attaining to adult age'?

The answer? 'God knows why'.

In the past decades, meats were for bone growth and health.. to be able to obtain to the full growth proportions which were within the person.. not so much for any 'nutritional' values but for the 'full all rounded' proportional reasons.. although meats were brought into the society as providers of protein, at that time called animal proteins, the proteins which existed prior, vegetable proteins, began to be seen as the anomaly while 'meats', or sliced up animal flesh kept preserved in ice boxes, etc.. began to be used and desensitizing as being the common place, normal protein.. But it was not so prior.. Peanut Butter was a BIG source of Protein prior to meat butchering...

The culprit which allowed for this stealthy entry? The use of 'eggs' for breakfast... The unhatched, unfertilized eggs of chickens being fried up...

Did you have knowledge that:

To a woman's palate, their taste, they do not prefer to eat meats or meat products? Why do they consume it then? For their man's sake.. To be cordial at table to eat without raising a fuss, just as they were taught while growing up with ma and dad at table..

Nomadic women might assist in meat preparations to 'flesh' hunted and caught... but to deal in the whole process of 'blood letting' and draining ? I'm not too sure women have a liking to such 'life drainings' all for the sake of 'edibles'.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back