Godfather’s pizza doesn’t cut it

Dude. You need to come to New York..and go to a Mom and Pop's pizza shop. Trust me. You will swear off that crap in a New York minute.

Look Shallow, we have a place called Lampost in my town. It has THE best pizza I've ever tasted, including those from Chicago and New York. Phenomenal sauce, excellent cheeses, fresh veggies, homemade sausage and pepperoni, crust is perfection. A large is about $35

I love it, but it ain't going to corner the market, it is flat out expensive. There isn't a fight to make the best gourmet pizza, the war is to make the CHEAPEST pizza. Pizza Hut, Dominoes and Little Ceasers are all trying to put out the lowest cost pie. Of course their crap, cheaper ingredients make crappy pizza, just like Pappa John said!

You've got a point. But in my opinion we shouldn't be racing to the bottom. However there is a market for cheap and crappy..as well as good and quality.

Ain't America grand?

Cain could only HOPE to be "mediocre" as a president.

He's already shown that he doesn't really know what he's talking about, shall we start with his "999" plan?

I figure Cain is hoping to ride in on the republicans coattails. VP or Secstate, etc.

I'm not even sure he's really serious about running, because he's still giving motivational speeches and pimping his books.

Nope, he's gonna go the way of Sarah Palin after all is said and done.

Last edited:
:lol:

He's not a serious candidate. He's running both a book tour and campaign.

You better pray a lot harder to Algore for that bit of fantasy to become real.

{If Cain can get the discipline part down, there’s no telling how far he can go. The Washington Post’s Dan Balz traveled to Ohio earlier this week to report on a focus group moderated by pollster Peter Hart and returned struck by “the genuine interest expressed in Cain and his candidacy.”

“Time and again he rose to the top of the conversation about the Republican candidates. He was described in far more positive terms than either Perry or Romney,” Balz wrote. “When Hart asked the group who intrigued them most right now, no one came close to Cain in the number of mentions.”}

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...-unconventional-become-presidential-the-note/

You're right to fear him, Obama stands no chance against him.

I figure Cain is hoping to ride in on the republicans coattails. VP or Secstate, etc.

I'm not even sure he's really serious about running, because he's still giving motivational speeches and pimping his books.

Nope, he's gonna go the way of Sarah Palin after all is said and done.

Indeed.

Only Democratic Women and Liberal Blacks are acceptable.

Sorry RW, gotta go with Synth on this one, because as batshit stupid and crazy as Cain is, there is NO WAY that he could win a general election.

No. Cain ISN'T able.
That's because the Northeast liberal elites know what good pizza is! :lol:

Hey..........used to be stationed in Newport RI and got to drop by NYC every now and again.......

Yep, good pizza in the NE. Some of which is even better than what they serve in Naples Italy (and yep, I've been many times).
I have also had pizza in Naples, and wasn't that impressed! And the Greek pizza, while good, is kinda strange. It's all white (no red sauce) and IIRC, had corn on it! :lol:

Oh I believe you, I don't eat Pizza from commercial places anymore I just look for a small family owned restaurant, they are the only ones who make good pizza now. I heard New York and Chicago have the best Pizza outside of Italy itself.

That's a true statement HG, and some of the pizza shops here in the US can actually rival some of those in Italy. Been all 3 places.

No kidding, I never tried Pizza in Italy but I did stop by Siganella Naval Air Station on my way to a deployment to Saudi Arabia, I assumed the Italians had the best Pizza because it is their thing.
That's a beautiful place, Siganella! Did you go into town and see that incredible, HUGE fountain with all the carved horses, etc.? Close by is a great outdoor market, with fresh everything and beautiful women walking around. The hotel that DoD put me up in had a pool with a swim-up bar. Awesome!

The thing about pizza in Naples is the ovens. All wood fired ovens there! And the cheese is fresh buffalo mozzarella. The sauce is very basic: tomatoes, a little olive oil, some garlic and basil. Oregano (a staple of pizza sauce seasoning) is Greek. The Italians use basil. Good luck finding pepperoni! Lots of seafood (clams, prawns, squid) but not the smoked Italian meats.
I must've gone to the wrong places for pizza there. :(

I did have awesome calzone and linguine w/clams, and it's the only time I've ever enjoyed mussels.

I figure Cain is planning to kick Obama to the curb.

:lol:

He's not a serious candidate. He's running both a book tour and campaign.
He is a fake candidate, as a shill for the Koch brothers, who he has been working for ever since he left Godfathers. He is a motivational speaker for Americans For Prosperity, the Koch outfit. He has no organization in any states, and his volunteers have to go out and buy their own bumper sticks and yard signs. He has spent 10 days out of the past 3 weeks doing book tour shit.

But the suckers are falling for it.

OK. How stupid is this OP?

His claim to fame is being leader of a mediocre pizza company, just as he would be a mediocre president?

Not everyone can be the genius business man that our current President was before he made his run. What a success he was. :eusa_whistle:
He spent only 1 Billion to get Gaddaffi, while Shrub spent 1 Trillion to get Saddam.

Yeah, I think he's a genius businessman!

Forum List

Back