Trump Considering Herman Cain for Federal Reserve Board, Sources Say

OMFG, Herman Cain, the rich ass hole that wanted to screw the working poor, Mr. 9-9-9.

I was hoping he was already dead.

Trump always picks the best people :21:

How did he want to screw the working poor? What is your operational definition of "working poor"?

Cain's infamous, idiotic, and asinine 9-9-9 tax plan.

That guy is a fvcking moron.

But then again, just look at the shit TrumPutin surrounds himself with.

You didn't answer my question. The 9/9/9 plan didn't target the poor? And what is your operational definition of "working poor" please?

if implemented, the levels of taxation within the 9-9-9 concept would have been a disaster for the working class & for the working poor in the US.

Got goggle?

What is "Working Poor"? I don't follow.

OMFG, Herman Cain, the rich ass hole that wanted to screw the working poor, Mr. 9-9-9.

I was hoping he was already dead.

Trump always picks the best people :21:

How did he want to screw the working poor? What is your operational definition of "working poor"?

You didn't answer my question. The 9/9/9 plan didn't target the poor? And what is your operational definition of "working poor" please?

if implemented, the levels of taxation within the 9-9-9 concept would have been a disaster for the working class & for the working poor in the US.

Got goggle?

here ya go kid; mommy won't let you use her computer yet, huh?

working poor - Google Search

Got goggle?

People below the poverty line would not pay taxes and the consumption tax was only on new items. It actually is not a terrible idea for many reasons.

Got goggle?

People below the poverty line would not pay taxes and the consumption tax was only on new items. It actually is not a terrible idea for many reasons.

'working poor' is not a concrete definition, by any means.

There are PLENTY of hard working AmeriKKKans that consider themselves to be 'poor.'

Many of them work two, or three jobs, and have little left after paying bills.

Most are a pay check away from missing a rent payment, or a mortgage payment.

'Poor' is merely a term; it doesn't mean shit, unless you are homeless living in a gutter.

You think Cain's 9-9-9 plan would have been OK?

LOFL ...........

Got goggle?

There are PLENTY of hard working AmeriKKKans that consider themselves to be 'poor.'

'Poor' is merely a term; it doesn't mean shit, unless you are homeless living in a gutter.

LOFL ...........

If implemented correctly. Think about the drug dealers and illegal money launderers. Well now when they buy their expensive clothes and cars they pay a 9% tax. You capture the evaders. Meanwhile you lower the income tax to 9%, much lower than the 28% many pay. Now those people DO pay taxes on consumption but if you want to pay less consume less and you're only paying 9% on new items. Used cars or furniture would not have that tax. Not saying it is a great idea but it is not as dumb as you make it out to be. Maybe you should learn basic economics before opining and it took you what, six posts to give me your operational definition of "working poor".

Got goggle?

LOFL ...........

If implemented correctly. Think about the drug dealers and illegal money launderers. Well now when they buy their expensive clothes and cars they pay a 9% tax. You capture the evaders. Meanwhile you lower the income tax to 9%, much lower than the 28% many pay. Now those people DO pay taxes on consumption but if you want to pay less consume less and you're only paying 9% on new items. Used cars or furniture would not have that tax. Not saying it is a great idea but it is not as dumb as you make it out to be. Maybe you should learn basic economics before opining and it took you what, six posts to give me your operational definition of "working poor".

We disagree; Cain's plan would have been a disaster. If it would have been half as good as you claim he would have been elected & the GOP would have rammed the stupid shit down every one's throats.

LOFL ...........

We disagree; Cain's plan would have been a disaster. If it would have been half as good as you claim he would have been elected & the GOP would have rammed the stupid shit down every one's throats.

It would need a tweak but it was better than what we have now and our continuing debt build. I would not be against a 2% federal consumption tax until our debt is paid down to say $10Trn

LOFL ...........

It would need a tweak but it was better than what we have now and our continuing debt build. I would not be against a 2% federal consumption tax until our debt is paid down to say $10Trn

2% is not 9%; Cain is a moron. The deficit is a product of the AmeriKKKan entitlement mentality. It will be the ruin of this nation. Everyone wants a 'freebie' and then they wanna go and bitch about it but then they don't want their representatives to end their 'freebies.' Our society is full of mentally ill dumb asses.

LOFL ...........

2% is not 9%; Cain is a moron. The deficit is a product of the AmeriKKKan entitlement mentality. It will be the ruin of this nation. Everyone wants a 'freebie' and then they wanna go and bitch about it but then they don't want their representatives to end their 'freebies.' Our society is full of mentally ill dumb asses.

I agree but I still support a consumption tax until we get our debt down.

Ha. Herman Cain. The guy who said that, if elected President, he'd appoint someone like Alan Greenspan as the Fed chair.

Alan Greenspan was a disaster. lol. He ushered in the biggest bubble ever with his artificially low interest rates, then Bernanke came in and inflated twice as fast, and Cain will continue the same thing.

We need to end the Federal Reserve and get back to free-markets. It's destroying our money. And inevitably our country.

Last edited:

LOFL ...........

the US economy is based on consumption; it's a consumer driven GDP.

Start taxing consumption & watch what happens.

There goes the neighborhood ..........

yes, the gubmint is consuming everyone's money; imagine.

All while they rack up even more debt; imagine.

the US economy is based on consumption; it's a consumer driven GDP.

Start taxing consumption & watch what happens.

There goes the neighborhood ..........

2% wont dissuade too many people imo

View attachment 243290

Herman Cain
Photographer: AndrewHarrer/Bloomberg

Trump Considering Herman Cain for Federal Reserve Board, Sources Sa

By Jennifer Jacobs

January 31, 2019, 8:30 AM PST

President interviewed former Godfather’s CEO on Wednesday

Cain’s presidential run ended in sexual misconduct scandal

Herman Cain, the former pizza company executive who ran for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012, is being considered by President Donald Trump for a seat on the Federal Reserve Board.

Cain, 73, was in the White House on Wednesday, according to people familiar with the matter. Two seats on the Fed board are vacant, but nominating Cain raises the prospect of a Senate confirmation hearing focused on the sexual harassment and infidelity accusations that ended his presidential campaign.

The people declined to be identified discussing the matter because Trump hasn’t made a decision. Cain was also under consideration for other possible top government posts.

The president’s top economic adviser, Larry Kudlow, said last week that the White House wants Fed governors “who understand that you can have strong economic growth without higher inflation.”

Cain had a long corporate career and is also familiar with the Federal Reserve system. From 1992 to 1996, he served as a director of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, as well as deputy chairman and then chairman.

Last year, Trump repeatedly attacked U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell for raising interest rates, and Bloomberg News reported last month that the president had even discussed firing him. One way the president can directly influence monetary policy is through nominations to the Fed board, though anyone he picks must be confirmed by the Senate.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk
Haha, Cain...he is such a freak!

All while they rack up even more debt.

giphy.gif

Forum List

Back