600x-1.jpg

Herman Cain
Photographer: AndrewHarrer/Bloomberg

Trump Considering Herman Cain for Federal Reserve Board, Sources Sa

By Jennifer Jacobs

January 31, 2019, 8:30 AM PST

President interviewed former Godfather’s CEO on Wednesday

Cain’s presidential run ended in sexual misconduct scandal

Herman Cain, the former pizza company executive who ran for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012, is being considered by President Donald Trump for a seat on the Federal Reserve Board.

Cain, 73, was in the White House on Wednesday, according to people familiar with the matter. Two seats on the Fed board are vacant, but nominating Cain raises the prospect of a Senate confirmation hearing focused on the sexual harassment and infidelity accusations that ended his presidential campaign.

The people declined to be identified discussing the matter because Trump hasn’t made a decision. Cain was also under consideration for other possible top government posts.

The president’s top economic adviser, Larry Kudlow, said last week that the White House wants Fed governors “who understand that you can have strong economic growth without higher inflation.”

Cain had a long corporate career and is also familiar with the Federal Reserve system. From 1992 to 1996, he served as a director of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, as well as deputy chairman and then chairman.

Last year, Trump repeatedly attacked U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell for raising interest rates, and Bloomberg News reported last month that the president had even discussed firing him. One way the president can directly influence monetary policy is through nominations to the Fed board, though anyone he picks must be confirmed by the Senate.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
He probably would have been a shit President, but he seems qualified enough for the Federal Reserve Board.

OMFG, Herman Cain, the rich ass hole that wanted to screw the working poor, Mr. 9-9-9.

I was hoping he was already dead.

Trump always picks the best people :21:

View attachment 243290

Herman Cain
Photographer: AndrewHarrer/Bloomberg

Trump Considering Herman Cain for Federal Reserve Board, Sources Sa

By Jennifer Jacobs

January 31, 2019, 8:30 AM PST

President interviewed former Godfather’s CEO on Wednesday

Cain’s presidential run ended in sexual misconduct scandal

Herman Cain, the former pizza company executive who ran for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012, is being considered by President Donald Trump for a seat on the Federal Reserve Board.

Cain, 73, was in the White House on Wednesday, according to people familiar with the matter. Two seats on the Fed board are vacant, but nominating Cain raises the prospect of a Senate confirmation hearing focused on the sexual harassment and infidelity accusations that ended his presidential campaign.

The people declined to be identified discussing the matter because Trump hasn’t made a decision. Cain was also under consideration for other possible top government posts.

The president’s top economic adviser, Larry Kudlow, said last week that the White House wants Fed governors “who understand that you can have strong economic growth without higher inflation.”

Cain had a long corporate career and is also familiar with the Federal Reserve system. From 1992 to 1996, he served as a director of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, as well as deputy chairman and then chairman.

Last year, Trump repeatedly attacked U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell for raising interest rates, and Bloomberg News reported last month that the president had even discussed firing him. One way the president can directly influence monetary policy is through nominations to the Fed board, though anyone he picks must be confirmed by the Senate.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk
At least he is qualified....so that is a step in the right direction for the Trump admin...

OMFG, Herman Cain, the rich ass hole that wanted to screw the working poor, Mr. 9-9-9.

How did he want to screw the working poor? What is your operational definition of "working poor"?

How did he want to screw the working poor? What is your operational definition of "working poor"?

Cain's infamous, idiotic, and asinine 9-9-9 tax plan.

That guy is a fvcking moron.

But then again, just look at the shit TrumPutin surrounds himself with.

You didn't answer my question. The 9/9/9 plan didn't target the poor? And what is your operational definition of "working poor" please?

You didn't answer my question. The 9/9/9 plan didn't target the poor? And what is your operational definition of "working poor" please?

if implemented, the levels of taxation within the 9-9-9 concept would have been a disaster for the working class & for the working poor in the US.

Got goggle?

Forum List

Back