God given rights. Do you really have any?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

When a right is given to us by governments, they assume and have a duty to ensure that they are never taken from us. If governments do not accept and do this enforcement duty, then citizens have a corrupted government.

If a right is given to a soul, by god, he would have a duty to ensure that they are never taken from us. The fact that they often are, indicates that he is shirking his duty.

To me, rights are like laws, completely useless and worthless unless they can be enforced by a given power when they are breached.

Do you have any real god given rights, or are god given rights just a feel-good lie that we tell ourselves we have so as to ignore that we have none?

Regards
DL
Well it is a funny thing. When you ask a godless Leftist if we have rights that empower the state to "help" people, they will spout off a bunch of rights, such as the right to health care, the right to abortions, the right to vote, etc.

However, if you try to mention rights of the individual that limit government power they will say that such rights don't really exist.

In short, they want their cake and eat it too.
Well the governments give us rights and takes them away.
And the republicans think they have a right to own a gun or rifle (without background checks) and do mass shootings, and the republicans think they have a right who can get married, and who gets healthcare or not.

See how that works.
Even California said no to gay marriage
and they were the first state to recognize it. Only the anti gay ? religious freaks were against it. Its a legal issue, not a moral one.
The supreme court forced it on California..

But you already knew that

So see how you republicans like to act, like you are gods and gay marriage is not forced on anyone.
Its a legal issue, not a moral one.

If law is moral, then the issue is a moral one.

It can be said that law is not as moral as it will be, but we cannot say that it does not hold any morality.

Given that secular law is bringing more peace and law minding than religions, I would give it high marks for morality.

Thank God for laïcité.

Regards
DL

Abortion and the death penalty is barbaric, mans laws change like the wind

Please opine on this in terms of where the law must eventually go.

I will put my money on the notion that it is a fact that good people will inevitably demand and make good law.

Regards
DL

Huh? Even the ex govenors of Illinois a republican suspended the death penalty, when will the left wake up on abortion?

I see no relevance to my question.

When will the right grant women the same rights it grants men.

Regards
DL

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

When a right is given to us by governments, they assume and have a duty to ensure that they are never taken from us. If governments do not accept and do this enforcement duty, then citizens have a corrupted government.

If a right is given to a soul, by god, he would have a duty to ensure that they are never taken from us. The fact that they often are, indicates that he is shirking his duty.

To me, rights are like laws, completely useless and worthless unless they can be enforced by a given power when they are breached.

Do you have any real god given rights, or are god given rights just a feel-good lie that we tell ourselves we have so as to ignore that we have none?

Regards
DL
Well it is a funny thing. When you ask a godless Leftist if we have rights that empower the state to "help" people, they will spout off a bunch of rights, such as the right to health care, the right to abortions, the right to vote, etc.

However, if you try to mention rights of the individual that limit government power they will say that such rights don't really exist.

And the republicans think they have a right to own a gun or rifle (without background checks) and do mass shootings, and the republicans think they have a right who can get married, and who gets healthcare or not.

See how that works.
and they were the first state to recognize it. Only the anti gay ? religious freaks were against it. Its a legal issue, not a moral one.

So see how you republicans like to act, like you are gods and gay marriage is not forced on anyone.

It can be said that law is not as moral as it will be, but we cannot say that it does not hold any morality.

Given that secular law is bringing more peace and law minding than religions, I would give it high marks for morality.

Thank God for laïcité.

Regards
DL

Abortion is murder - from our literature:

"Every human life is important to Jehovah. Even an unborn baby is precious to him. Under the Law of Moses, if a person accidentally hurt a pregnant woman and either she or her baby died, Jehovah held that person guilty of manslaughter. This meant that even though it was an accident, someone had been killed and the life had to be compensated for. (Read Exodus 21:22, 23.) To God, an unborn baby is a living person. Knowing that, how do you think he feels about abortion? How do you think he feels when he sees millions of unborn babies killed every year?"

Ex. 21: "soul for soul, life for life" - under the Mosaic Law not the law of Christ - Christians are not authorized to execute - but see "Romans 13:1-5" - Why do governments have the God-given right to "bear the sword?"

An unborn child is a human life. Life is one of the inalienable rights stated in OP.

Chain her to the bed so that she must do as you want, while it not costing you a G D dime to impose hardships on her and her child.

If you think that that is the right thing to do, it shows how morally corrupt your religion has made you.

Drop your genocidal god in the garbage where he belongs.

Yahweh is all in on infanticide as he used it, yet you would deny man the same trait.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

The problem with government given rights, is that you assume this means the government will ensure those rights.

The problem is, if government is the only reason you have them, then government can deny you those rights whenever it pleases.

Throughout all human history, governments have proclaimed themselves to be benefactors, at a the exact same time as claiming to be benefactors, went about every method of abusing the public they claimed to be benefactors for.

Again, if your only rights are given to you by government, then government can take those rights away.

This is one of the huge schizophrenic aspects of left-wing ideology, generally speaking. They say that government regulation and control is fine, because the government is "us".

But then they'll turn right around and complain that politicians serve their own political interests, that corporations have influence, that government agencies all act according to their own values.

AOC being the mindless idiot she is, actually argued both of those. In one video she said "Government is us! Government is the public", and then in another attacked government regulators as having endless conflicts of interest. Wait, I thought government was "us"? It never ends with AOC, because she'll double talk every point she's ever made.

My point though, is that saying that government gave you those rights, implies that government has to power to give, and take, rights.

This is how all tyrannical governments exist. If they can give you a right, they can take it as well.

The United States was different, because we said government isn't the source of our rights. Government is merely to enforce the rights we already have.

In 1689, Locke argued in his Two Treatises of Government that political society existed for the sake of protecting "property", which he defined as a person's "life, liberty, and estate"

This is why it is vital that rights remain, not of government, but of our creator. Because the moment we put the power of determine what is or is not a right, in the hands of human government, humans will abuse that power, and deny rights when it is convenient to do so.

Rights cannot be given. They can only be taken.

Only the one who thinks a right exists can act upon it.

We have elected enforcers and without them to protect you, you can only take your rights to their limits unless you wish to come under the law.

You make your own rights and contribute to the system you need to protect them.

For the people, by the people.

Perhaps the only good phase in your constitution.

If you lived up to that, you would profit from your lousy constitution the way other free countrys have.

That is a shame. I like you goofs.

Regards
DL

If you lived up to that, you would profit from your lousy constitution the way other free countrys have.

I'm confused. We have the highest standard of living in the world today. Some of poorest working people, live better lives than those of the middle class of Europe.

A married couple working at McDonald's full time, has a combined income that places them in the top 1% of household income world wide.

A married couple doing team truck driving, places them in the top 1% of the top 1%, world wide.

We have a life style that the vast majority of people in this world, could only dream of.

So.... explain that comment again?

Sure.

Regards
DL

I'm confused. We have the highest standard of living in the world today. Some of poorest working people, live better lives than those of the middle class of Europe.

Yes, you are confused. The European live a lot better than we do now.

View attachment 337342

A married couple working at McDonald's full time, has a combined income that places them in the top 1% of household income world wide.

That's only because so much of the third world lives in grinding poverty. That's nothing to be happy about.

Only a declining empire worries about how it is living better than the "Barbarians"

Thanks for trying to educate this guy.

I hope he has more than what he has shown.

Regards
DL

Yes, you are confused. The European live a lot better than we do now.

View attachment 337342

That's only because so much of the third world lives in grinding poverty. That's nothing to be happy about.

Only a declining empire worries about how it is living better than the "Barbarians"

Thanks for trying to educate this guy.

I hope he has more than what he has shown.

Regards
DL

You guys are just ignorant. It's sad really, that stupid people have surrounded themselves with such an echo chamber of idiocy, that they think they are smart now.

You find other dumb people, people say the same thing you already believe, and thus think you are knowledgeable.

No, you are not.
Your own link, proves my point.

Regards
DL

See how that works.

Thank God for laïcité.

Regards
DL

I will put my money on the notion that it is a fact that good people will inevitably demand and make good law.

Regards
DL

Huh? Even the ex govenors of Illinois a republican suspended the death penalty, when will the left wake up on abortion?

Regards
DL

What "right" do they not have right now?

Your own link, proves my point.

Prove this foolish unqualified statement. Or toke the win for your poor little ego without even showing what you are talking about.

If proof you had, put it you would have.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

See how that works.

Thank God for laïcité.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Equality to men.

I adlib.
He will rule over you sound familiar? How about remain silent in church and do not dare teach men anything.

Regards
DL

We're not worrying about how we are living better than the barbarians. We're not worried at all.

Maybe you are.... but that's because you are foolish, and don't realize how good you have it.

Actually, what I know is that we are in decline and not taking care of our people. That we've been brought to near complete collapse by a flu with an attitude tells me how bad off we are.

Oh good grief....

First off, this country became the country it is by each individual owning responsibility for himself.

I have never once, in all the down and painful times in my life, thought.... "uh... society isn't taking care of me!"

Second, we have been brought to near complete collapse?

"near complete collapse"...? Really? This is near complete collapse? This is? Right now?

Based on what. What evidence do you have that we are near complete collapse?

I went to the story, every single shelf was stocked. I drove by the retail district, and nearly every single store had people staffing them, and people making purchases in them.

Near complete collapse.... compared to what? For real, compared to what?

Screenshot_2020-05-29 empty stores Venezuela - Google Search.png

Venezuela is near complete collapse. That picture isn't just one isle for toilet paper, that's every single isle in the store. No meat. No bread. No sugar. Not even coffee, in a country known for coffee.

We are near complete collapse compared to WHAT??!?

We live in a freaking dream world, and everyone is spoiled and unhappy about everything.

Non-contributing zero.

We live in a freakin dream world.

Screenshot_2020-05-29 people at beach - Google Search.png

Look at all those people. You can tell how they are all preparing for the doom of the "near complete collapse" of the US.

No. You are crazy.

Regards
DL

See how that works.

Thank God for laïcité.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Equality to men.

I adlib.
He will rule over you sound familiar? How about remain silent in church and do not dare teach men anything.

Regards
DL

What specific "right" do women not have in this society?
Church organizations do not control women outside of church, and no woman is required to go a church, so there is no "right" being denied them.

What specific "right" do women in our society not have?

Oh good grief....

First off, this country became the country it is by each individual owning responsibility for himself.

I have never once, in all the down and painful times in my life, thought.... "uh... society isn't taking care of me!"

Again, check your privilege, buddy.

"near complete collapse"...? Really? This is near complete collapse? This is? Right now?

I went to the story, every single shelf was stocked. I drove by the retail district, and nearly every single store had people staffing them, and people making purchases in them.
20% unemployment. Riots in the streets. Um, yeah, we are in very bad shape right now

Venezuela is near complete collapse. That picture isn't just one isle for toilet paper, that's every single isle in the store. No meat. No bread. No sugar. Not even coffee, in a country known for coffee.

We've also been making economic war on them for the last 20 years, because they picked a form of government we don't like. We turned into Venezuela in a couple of weeks...

Look at all those people. You can tell how they are all preparing for the doom of the "near complete collapse" of the US.

Look at these people.

1590786699152.png

We're fucked.

Oh good grief....

20% unemployment. Riots in the streets. Um, yeah, we are in very bad shape right now

We've also been making economic war on them for the last 20 years, because they picked a form of government we don't like. We turned into Venezuela in a couple of weeks...

Look at these people.

View attachment 342609
We're fucked.

Shoot the rioters. Problem solved.

I just did. None exists. Myth of the left-wing.

20% unemployment.

We did that to ourselves, with a pointless and useless lock down. Sweden didn't do that, and they are fine. Japan didn't do that, and they are fine.

We just need to end the lock down. Go back to work. Open all businesses.

Regardless, everything in the country is perfectly fine. Electricity hasn't gone out. Markets are still open. Food is still widely available. Get a job... get back to work... move on. Life is good.

People are at the beach, the weather is warm. Chill. For real... there is nothing to be freaking out about.

End the lock down.

Again... we didn't. There is a huge difference between the people running out and buying everything because they are stupid, and actually having a shortage because no one is selling stuff.

And honestly the shortage was ridiculous anyway. Shortage on toilet paper? Because of a flu like illness? Why?

And it didn't last. I would say... 2 weeks at most, and then the shelves were stocked full. And bread was less than a week. We had bread pretty quick. And we never ran out of meat or rice. Never had a shortage of anything significant ever.

No problem.

As far as the economic war you guys have made up... just factually.. you are wrong. We didn't cause an economic war on Venezuela.

Think about this.... how did they not have coffee in Venezuela, a country known for coffee? How does our "economic war" on Venezuela, prevent coffee farmers from delivering coffee beans to their own stores, from their own farms? You think a massive group of Americans were wandering around Venezuela, stopping coffee bean shipments? Really?

No... that's retarded. And if you believe we did that to them... then you are retarded.

It was Hugo Chavez seizing stores, sending the army to confiscate farms, and putting in place price controls and minimum wage laws, so that farmers couldn't possibly make a profit, the resulted in them not even being able to have coffee in a land known for coffee.

And I can list dozens of examples, including the fact that food shortages started in 2004, before a single sanction against Venezuela even existed.

No, learn something. We didn't do anything to Venezuela. Venezuela did it to themselves.

See how that works.

Wow, what a fabulously ignorant post.

Kudos!

"Wow, what a fabulously ignorant post."

yet you couldn't actually debate on the points

governments allow us rights

governments take away rights

god has nothing to do with any of it

seeing as how god is a myth

We did that to ourselves, with a pointless and useless lock down. Sweden didn't do that, and they are fine. Japan didn't do that, and they are fine.

Actually, Japan did, but they did it much earlier and much more effectively. WHich is why they are fine.

People are at the beach, the weather is warm. Chill. For real... there is nothing to be freaking out about.

End the lock down.

Sorry, man, I'm not keen to kill Granny so Trump can pretend he fixed the economy he messed up. Take your medicine like a man.

As far as the economic war you guys have made up... just factually.. you are wrong. We didn't cause an economic war on Venezuela.

We been hitting them with sanctions for 20 years. Yes, that has an effect.

hink about this.... how did they not have coffee in Venezuela, a country known for coffee? How does our "economic war" on Venezuela, prevent coffee farmers from delivering coffee beans to their own stores, from their own farms? You think a massive group of Americans were wandering around Venezuela, stopping coffee bean shipments? Really?

No, they were just refusing to buy it, getting rid of one of the few cash crops they had.

In fact, Venezuela's coffee industry declined LONG before the socialists took power. They were less than 1% of the world's market by 2001. IN 2003, Hugo had the CRAZY idea that maybe they should concentrate on growing food instead of coffee.

It was Hugo Chavez seizing stores, sending the army to confiscate farms, and putting in place price controls and minimum wage laws, so that farmers couldn't possibly make a profit, the resulted in them not even being able to have coffee in a land known for coffee.

Okay, let's look at that. The problem with that is that Venezuela fell to 1% of the world's coffee in 2001, long before Hugo took power. In fact, for a while, Coffee exports ROSE for a time under Chavez, until once again, George W. Stupid slapped the country with sanctions AFTER his attempt at a coup against their democratically elected government failed in 2002.

1590840929179.png

The right to be treated equally to men.

Have you heard of pink products?

Try Bic razors as an example. The blue ones for men are priced lower that the identical pink one for women.

Further.

Regards
DL

Try Bic razors as an example. The blue ones for men are priced lower that the identical pink one for women.

Further.

Regards
DL

First, I asked what "right" you don't have, that men do have.

We can't buy a pink razor for the same prices as a regular razor either. If the razors are actually identical, you can buy the regular razor that isn't pink.

And where in the constitution does it say "right to buy pink products for the same price as non-pink products"? What "right" do you think you are being denied here?

What right do you have to have a movie made for you? Do you have the right to force others to watch movies they don't like?

None of the things you implied here, are rights.

Let's talk about the pink razor by bic.

Women's razors are not identical. In fact, they are subtly very different, in ways that make the razor more expensive.

Remember, men typically only shave the face. Women tend to shave other areas, which requires more care. While it may appear from the outside that they are similar, or identical, they are often very different.

Regardless, I still ask the question, what actual right, do women not have?

Further.

Regards
DL

First, I asked what "right" you don't have, that men do have.

We can't buy a pink razor for the same prices as a regular razor either. If the razors are actually identical, you can buy the regular razor that isn't pink.

And where in the constitution does it say "right to buy pink products for the same price as non-pink products"? What "right" do you think you are being denied here?

What right do you have to have a movie made for you? Do you have the right to force others to watch movies they don't like?

None of the things you implied here, are rights.

Let's talk about the pink razor by bic.

Women's razors are not identical. In fact, they are subtly very different, in ways that make the razor more expensive.

Remember, men typically only shave the face. Women tend to shave other areas, which requires more care. While it may appear from the outside that they are similar, or identical, they are often very different.

Regardless, I still ask the question, what actual right, do women not have?

Same answer. The right to be treated equally to men.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back