Go ahead, pass concealed carry, see what happens...

Go ahead NRA. Force nationwide concealed carry. I'll cheer for you. You know why?

Because the sane people will get the last laugh when people see the staggering death tolls, the rise in gun murders, and the NRA is forced to hide its head in embarrasment.

Maybe then, we can see how bad the NRA is for America, and then progress will be made.
T3h NRA is incapable of showing embarrassment. They are too well compensated to care by the gun manufacturers themselves to say nothing of the clingers that send in their paltry donations

ZZm7S3A.jpg
Personally, I think with the exorbitant power and money the NRA has, the only way to defeat it is to let it embarrass itself like it did after Sandy Hook
Do you know what the requirements are to get a CC permit and the hundreds of rules you have to follow or the circumstances in which you can draw your gun or even shoot it. I didn't think so.
All I know is 30,000 gun deaths a year versus about 200 of those being justified in any way
It's not people with permits doing the killing. Can't you get that through your thick skull?

Go ahead NRA. Force nationwide concealed carry. I'll cheer for you. You know why?

Because the sane people will get the last laugh when people see the staggering death tolls, the rise in gun murders, and the NRA is forced to hide its head in embarrasment.

Maybe then, we can see how bad the NRA is for America, and then progress will be made.
T3h NRA is incapable of showing embarrassment. They are too well compensated to care by the gun manufacturers themselves to say nothing of the clingers that send in their paltry donations

ZZm7S3A.jpg
Personally, I think with the exorbitant power and money the NRA has, the only way to defeat it is to let it embarrass itself like it did after Sandy Hook
Do you know what the requirements are to get a CC permit and the hundreds of rules you have to follow or the circumstances in which you can draw your gun or even shoot it. I didn't think so.
All I know is 30,000 gun deaths a year versus about 200 of those being justified in any way

All you know is that you want to continue to be obsessed with guns. The suicides are not a valid concern of yours, since you don't seem to care about the people dying. Just whether or not they kill themselves with guns.

200? lol That only works if every single defensive use results in the death of the perpetrator. But it is nice that you are consistent, JoeyB.

ZZm7S3A.jpg
It's not people with permits doing the killing. Can't you get that through your thick skull?
Tell me, that woman who got shot by her 2 year old son, she had a permit, yes?

The Police chief who shot the kid in the movies, had a permit, yes?

George Zimmerman, had a permit, yes?

And besides, the other murderers also carried hidden guns too. They simply skipped the process of getting a permit, but did the same things having a permit would have let them do legally: carry guns everywhere

ZZm7S3A.jpg

All you know is that you want to continue to be obsessed with guns. The suicides are not a valid concern of yours, since you don't seem to care about the people dying. Just whether or not they kill themselves with guns.

200? lol That only works if every single defensive use results in the death of the perpetrator. But it is nice that you are consistent, JoeyB.
A gun's purpose is to kill. A self defense use of a gun involves killing an attacker. Those incidents are very rare, far less common than a murder of an innocent by a gun

ZZm7S3A.jpg

And besides, the other murderers also carried hidden guns too. They simply skipped the process of getting a permit, but did the same things having a permit would have let them do legally: carry guns everywhere

That they skipped the legal process shows they were not going to follow the laws anyway.

The woman who was shot by her toddler in the store was an idiot with her firearm. Following basic safety rules would prevent that.

You listed 3 instances. There are 65 million private gun owners in the US. That makes them pretty rare indeed.

You do realize that a concealed carry law does not force anyone to actually carry? It is this kind of hyperbole that gets people killed.

In many states, even NY, there already exists a concealed carry law. Yet, the 'staggering death tolls' don't seem to be happening as you hyperventilate.

In fact, those places where concealed carry are restricted or forbidden are the places where the death tolls ARE staggering. Chicago comes to mind.

That they skipped the legal process shows they were not going to follow the laws anyway.

The woman who was shot by her toddler in the store was an idiot with her firearm. Following basic safety rules would prevent that.

You listed 3 instances. There are 65 million private gun owners in the US. That makes them pretty rare indeed.
3 is still 3 too many.

And I have heard in the news ZERO incidents of a gun ever saving anyone. Not once on any reputable news source EVER have I seen ONE "good guy with a gun" story

You do realize that a concealed carry law does not force anyone to actually carry? It is this kind of hyperbole that gets people killed.

In many states, even NY, there already exists a concealed carry law. Yet, the 'staggering death tolls' don't seem to be happening as you hyperventilate.

In fact, those places where concealed carry are restricted or forbidden are the places where the death tolls ARE staggering. Chicago comes to mind.
Why do states with concealed carry have more gun deaths?

ZZm7S3A.jpg

A gun's purpose is to kill. A self defense use of a gun involves killing an attacker. Those incidents are very rare, far less common than a murder of an innocent by a gun

That is utter nonsense.

That 200 does not count the times a gun was used to hold a criminal until police arrived. It does not count the times the criminal was wounded and did not die. Hell, it doesn't even count the times the gun was used to scare away the criminal.

Your standards are transparent.

ZZm7S3A.jpg

In fact, there are over 2 million defensive gun uses each and every year in the United States, most of which don't even end with the gun being fired. You really need to stop, sober up, and then go look at the real statistics.

3 is still 3 too many.

And I have heard in the news ZERO incidents of a gun ever saving anyone. Not once on any reputable news source EVER have I seen ONE "good guy with a gun" story

Then you are willfully ignorant on the subject.

It happens regularly.

Where do you get that from? The only places in any state that has high death rates by guns are gun free zones.

Did those gun deaths go up or down when the "Shall Issue" law was passed?

Do you have a link supporting that?

ZZm7S3A.jpg

Zimmerman was self defense.

Zimmerman was self defense.
The dubious definition of self defence in America is more reason why self defence shouldn't be a valid reason to own guns

Why do nations with concealed carry (hint, only the USA has gone that mad) have on average more gun crime than those who don't

Do you have a link showing the states with more concealed carry permits have more gun violence?
10 Pro-Gun Myths Shot Down Mother Jones

No, that link does not show anything of the kind. Not one of those shows states with the most concealed carry permits have more gun death.

Forum List

Back