Glock 42...how does this happen?

I am saying there are some very poor quality 1911s out there.
What numbers? You had a video of some sort. What's your evidence that there is any significant quantity of low quality 1911s compared to other pistols?
The 1911 is one of the most copied pistols in the world. Now a TRUE 1911 {Colt} is a damn fine gun but the "copies" are far less in quality. Since YOU refuse to watch the video how can YOU claim to know the point?

TRUE 1911s are GREAT guns but given the flood of cheap copies overall quality has fallen.

What numbers? You had a video of some sort. What's your evidence that there is any significant quantity of low quality 1911s compared to other pistols?
The 1911 is one of the most copied pistols in the world. Now a TRUE 1911 {Colt} is a damn fine gun but the "copies" are far less in quality. Since YOU refuse to watch the video how can YOU claim to know the point?

TRUE 1911s are GREAT guns but given the flood of cheap copies overall quality has fallen.
Listen DIPSTICK. A video isn't shit. I own a few and had a few and know others that do, had them for 20 years. Belong to a 1911 forum filled with people that eat live and breathe the damn things. You don't know what the fuck you are babbling about!

Listen DIPSTICK. A video isn't shit. I own a few and had a few and know others that do, had them for 20 years. Belong to a 1911 forum filled with people that eat live and breathe the damn things. You don't know what the fuck you are babbling about!
So you are one of those 1911 or nothing guys? You refuse to admit there are poor quality 1911s out there made by other people?

When you judge a 1911 as in this case you judge ALL.
Now Wilson Combat makes an excellent 1911 BUT there ARE some real crappy ones out there.

All 4 of mine run great, out of the box. I don't know where you get your info.
Is this a joke? I'm supposed to ignore my experiences and that of many others because of a video (that I'm not going to watch)?

The mass production of the 1911 by many companies has led to it's failings. NOT Colt but yes the mass production. The knock offs have to be counted in the fail rate per model NOT brand.
You're a joke.

Numbers don't lie. I am NOT knocking the 1911 I am saying there are some very poor quality 1911s out there.

Having nothing to do with JMB's design.

Indeed, given the many gun makers selling 1911s, it's remarkable how reliable the design remains overall.

Glock just makes Glocks and they can't even get that right.

Is this a joke? I'm supposed to ignore my experiences and that of many others because of a video (that I'm not going to watch)?

The mass production of the 1911 by many companies has led to it's failings. NOT Colt but yes the mass production. The knock offs have to be counted in the fail rate per model NOT brand.
You're a joke.

Numbers don't lie. I am NOT knocking the 1911 I am saying there are some very poor quality 1911s out there.

Having nothing to do with JMB's design.

Indeed, given the many gun makers selling 1911s, it's remarkable how reliable the design remains overall.

Glock just makes Glocks and they can't even get that right.

Overall it's a great design but given the number of makers quality IS down for that model.

The Glock in this case as written by the OP has KNOWN problems related to THAT model NOT ALL models.

I don't like double action autos or double stack magazines. I tend to trust steel more than plastic and I like the safties on the 1911. I'm very pleased with my 1911's and you couldn't give me a Glock if I had to depend on it for real. Like the man said, just my opinion for what it's worth. If I couldn't have a 1911 I'd go with a good revolver in .357.

I don't like double action autos or double stack magazines. I tend to trust steel more than plastic and I like the safties on the 1911. I'm very pleased with my 1911's and you couldn't give me a Glock if I had to depend on it for real. Like the man said, just my opinion for what it's worth. If I couldn't have a 1911 I'd go with a good revolver in .357.
I am just saying to many companies are shorting the 1911 on quality to make it "THE" model to carry. The 1911 maybe the most copied hand gun in the world with just about everybody making parts for them and some of those parts are junk.

The 1911 is a good gun but like ANY gun only when built correct with solid parts and good stamps and dies.

I have been looking at the Glock 42....and there had been some issues with certain types of ammo not working consistently in the pistol......My question to all of you gun people out there.....how does a gun get shipped for sale with an issue like this? Don't they fire the things with all sorts of ammo long before they ship them out? I can see odd problems like the XDS had where it took a very particular set of circumstances for the malfunction to appear and it didn't happen to all the guns....but this is an ammo problem that should have been noticed and corrected....right?

Thoughts?
Besides the fact that idiots buy Glocks. There is no way to make any gun compatible with the thousands of different types of ammo manufactured.

I have been looking at the Glock 42....and there had been some issues with certain types of ammo not working consistently in the pistol......My question to all of you gun people out there.....how does a gun get shipped for sale with an issue like this? Don't they fire the things with all sorts of ammo long before they ship them out? I can see odd problems like the XDS had where it took a very particular set of circumstances for the malfunction to appear and it didn't happen to all the guns....but this is an ammo problem that should have been noticed and corrected....right?

Thoughts?
Besides the fact that idiots buy Glocks. There is no way to make any gun compatible with the thousands of different types of ammo manufactured.
There are a lot of fine Glocks out there the 9mm is very well built.
BUT in the case of Glocks you are buying a "name" as well. A lot of them are over priced when you start comparing features and add ons.

Glock add ons and mags are NOT cheap.

So you are one of those 1911 or nothing guys? You refuse to admit there are poor quality 1911s out there made by other people?

Now Wilson Combat makes an excellent 1911 BUT there ARE some real crappy ones out there.
That's much different than your earlier claim. Some bad examples don't make the platform flawed. You said:
"Tolerence is their current failing. Yes the market is strong but to many companies build 1911s to other standards. GREAT gun IF you spend the time and money to get one well built."

...which is bs. Who's making bad ones anyway? I also didn't make your claim that it was a 1911 or nothing. Almost everyone makes a good gun, surviving in this market making crap would be difficult. I own a number of other guns, you don't know what you're talking about.

That's much different than your earlier claim. Some bad examples don't make the platform flawed. You said:
"Tolerence is their current failing. Yes the market is strong but to many companies build 1911s to other standards. GREAT gun IF you spend the time and money to get one well built."

...which is bs. Who's making bad ones anyway? I also didn't make your claim that it was a 1911 or nothing. Almost everyone makes a good gun, surviving in this market making crap would be difficult. I own a number of other guns, you don't know what you're talking about.
Look up the fail stats and quality of the Tech9 the gun Zimmerman was packing. Hes lucky the thing fired. I have a Wilson combat 1911 I bought 3 years ago. It's thought by many to be the finest 1911 built today.

As far as your running your mouth YOU are hurting EVERYONE that supports 2A because you are a closed minded backward pin head.

The 1911 is to much for many women and maybe for you. The PROPER gun for anybody has good comfort and great fit and operates smooth.

I don't care what forum you belong to STOP acting like an idiot.
YOU hurt the gun culture AND the entire gun community with your arrogant REFUSAL to learn anything about firearms BESIDE what you are spoon fed by YOUR choice on the subject.

NOW idiot let's break this down to real world clinical thinking okay TARD? I CAN drive a 3/4/5/6 speed car OR an automatic why? BECAUSE MY choice MAY have to be one of those in a crisis.

Same way with a gun stupid, the BEST one is loaded and READY and it WORKS! Damn I hate it when you arrogant ignorant backward hillbilly types run your mouth proclaiming ONE and ONLY one.

*SPIT*

What are you smoking? Zimmerman was not carrying a Tech9.

"The handgun George Zimmerman used to kill Trayvon Martin is a lightweight, inexpensive 9 mm semiautomatic manufactured in Cocoa. The Kel-Tec 9 mm PF-9 is one of the lightest, thinnest 9 mm guns on the market — a gun so small and light you can carry it in your pocket undetected."

WE the folks that work on them call them a tec9 when being nice.
We have other not so nice names for them as well.

No the 'folks' (you are not one) that work on them call them a Kel Tec. A PF-9 and a Tech 9 have as much in common as a Chevy does with a Ferrari. If you are going to hate in guns at least understand the basic differences.

No the 'folks' (you are not one) that work on them call them a Kel Tec. A PF-9 and a Tech 9 have as much in common as a Chevy does with a Ferrari. If you are going to hate in guns at least understand the basic differences.
Oh but I am one of the folks. And you are the expert because you belong to a 1911 forum? Blow me chuckles.

Forum List

Back