Global Ice loss accelerating.

Noticed you didn't address my Glacier Bay post at all thus YOU know it is true the melting that started long before 1950 which mean that CO2 has little to with it after all the LIA officially ended in the mid 1800's which is WHY there is melting back to a lower value since then after having built up for about 3 CENTURUES during the LIA time.

DUH!

Meanwhile it appears that the usual gang of warmist/alarmists in the thread still don't understand POST 55 at all where it shows just how small the melting is which I will show by charts for the science impaired warmist/alarmists to handle hopefully their heads don't blow up.

View attachment 604125

View attachment 604126

But that is because their brains are not capable of realizing what is the true size of the Ice fields of these two locations,

View attachment 604127

View attachment 604128

Let's see if they finally realized how badly they were snookered.... but I doubt it.

Hey Chart-*******, lying with graphics guy
I note your graphs are from 'IMBIE,' so I went THERE to have a look at the Real story.
Of course, not your misleading opinion/result.

The results of IMBIE 2016 were published in 2018 for Antarctica and in 2019 for Greenland. By combining the results of 50 different surveys produced by 89 participants from 50 international organisations, we produced reconciled time-series of ice sheet mass balance, showing that the Antarctic and Greenland Ice Sheets contributed 17.8 ± 1.8 mm to global sea level rise between 1992 and 2017.

The Antarctic Ice Sheet Lost 2720 ± 1390 billion tonnes of ice between 1992 and 2017, with a 4-fold Increase in the Rate of Mass Loss between the first five years of our survey (1992-1997) and the Last five years of our survey (2012-2017). West Antarctica experienced the largest change with the rate of mass loss rising from 53 ± 29 billion tonnes per year at the start of our survey to 159 ± 26 billion tonnes per year at the end of our survey due to increased ocean melting at Pine Island and Thwaites Glaciers causing glacier speedup.
The Antarctic Peninsula also experienced Increased ice losses following the Collapse of Larsen B and Wilkins ice shelves with the rate of ice loss Increasing from 7 ± 13 billion tonnes to 33 ± 16 billion tonnes per year. Finally, East Antarctica, where mass balance fluctuations are primarily driven by snowfall accumulation, has remained close to a state of balance with a small gain of 5 ± 46 billion tonnes of ice per year between 1992 and 2017.

The Greenland Ice Sheet lost 3902 ± 342 billion tonnes of ice between 1992 and 2018. Over half of Greenland’s ice losses comes from increased meltwater runoff driven by warmer atmospheric conditions, with the remainder originating from dynamical imbalance. The Rate of ice loss has Dramatically Increased over the course of our survey, rising from 26 ± 27 billion tonnes per year in the early 1990s to 244 ± 28 billion tonnes per year between 2012 and 2017.

These two assessments reveal that ice losses from the Greenland and Antarctic Ice Sheets are currently tracking the upper range of the IPCC Fifth Assessment Report (AR5) sea level rise projections, which predicts an additional contribution to sea level rise between 14.5 and 23 cm above the central predictions by the end of the century."""
- - -

You can't debate me/the truth, only post/billboard your misleading picture shows.
`

Last edited:
Noticed you didn't address my Glacier Bay post at all thus YOU know it is true the melting that started long before 1950 which mean that CO2 has little to with it after all the LIA officially ended in the mid 1800's which is WHY there is melting back to a lower value since then after having built up for about 3 CENTURUES during the LIA time.

DUH!

Meanwhile it appears that the usual gang of warmist/alarmists in the thread still don't understand POST 55 at all where it shows just how small the melting is which I will show by charts for the science impaired warmist/alarmists to handle hopefully their heads don't blow up.

View attachment 604125

View attachment 604126

But that is because their brains are not capable of realizing what is the true size of the Ice fields of these two locations,

View attachment 604127

View attachment 604128

Let's see if they finally realized how badly they were snookered.... but I doubt it.
You don’t know more than nasa

You don’t know more than nasa
He doesn't know anything about anything, when it comes to this.

He is an uneducated slob with zero education or experience whatsoever in any related field.

He thinks he can use Youtube and Google to outsmart 100s of 1000s of scientists who have spent their lives dedicated to discovering and teaching every other person in the world anything they will ever know about climate, geology, meteorology, oceanography, etc.

It's a fucking joke that deserves no response except for mockery.

He is an uneducated slob with zero education or experience whatsoever in any related field.

He thinks he can use Youtube and Google to outsmart 100s of 1000s of scientists who have spent their lives dedicated to discovering and teaching every other person in the world anything they will ever know about climate, geology, meteorology, oceanography, etc.

I’m starting to realize our source is the scientists and republicans source is the right wing internet.

was the internet the greatest or worst thing ever invented?

From the polar caps to the glaciers of Europe, Asia and South America, global warming is melting the planet’s ice faster than ever and speeding the inundation of the world’s coastlines.

New research shows the annual melt rate grew from 0.8 trillion tons in the 1990s to 1.3 trillion tons by 2017, and has accelerated most in the places with the most ice—the Greenland and Antarctic ice shelves and sheets.

Those massive systems of land and sea-based ice are melting as fast as the worst-case climate scenarios in major global climate reports, said Thomas Slater, a co-author of the new study in The Cryosphere that measured the meltdown from 1994 to 2017, which covers a timespan when every decade was warmer than the previous one and also includes the 20 warmest years on record.

Thank Heaven’s we have a wonderful new President who is taking this threat seriously.

"Arctic Ice Free- 2005!"

"Snow a thing of the past - 2012"

"we're all gonna die!" -- AOC, Greta

You missed his error about my post not having NASA in it, you show your bigotry splendidly.

Neither of you have a counterpoint against my NASA free post maybe it is too much for you to handle?

I don't use YouTube and rarely use Google at all. how error filled you are child.

I’m starting to realize our source is the scientists and republicans source is the right wing internet.

was the internet the greatest or worst thing ever invented?
Still nothing in the way of a counterpoint comes from you instead go to the lowest form of communication by heaping a lot of useless insults to cover for your inability to provide a cogent reply to the CONTENT of my post.

:hello77:

Hey Chart-*******, lying with graphics guy
I note your graphs are from 'IMBIE,' so I went THERE to have a look at the Real story.
Of course, not your misleading opinion/result.

The results of IMBIE 2016 were published in 2018 for Antarctica and in 2019 for Greenland. By combining the results of 50 different surveys produced by 89 participants from 50 international organisations, we produced reconciled time-series of ice sheet mass balance, showing that the Antarctic and Greenland Ice Sheets contributed 17.8 ± 1.8 mm to global sea level rise between 1992 and 2017.

The Antarctic Ice Sheet Lost 2720 ± 1390 billion tonnes of ice between 1992 and 2017, with a 4-fold Increase in the Rate of Mass Loss between the first five years of our survey (1992-1997) and the Last five years of our survey (2012-2017). West Antarctica experienced the largest change with the rate of mass loss rising from 53 ± 29 billion tonnes per year at the start of our survey to 159 ± 26 billion tonnes per year at the end of our survey due to increased ocean melting at Pine Island and Thwaites Glaciers causing glacier speedup.
The Antarctic Peninsula also experienced Increased ice losses following the Collapse of Larsen B and Wilkins ice shelves with the rate of ice loss Increasing from 7 ± 13 billion tonnes to 33 ± 16 billion tonnes per year. Finally, East Antarctica, where mass balance fluctuations are primarily driven by snowfall accumulation, has remained close to a state of balance with a small gain of 5 ± 46 billion tonnes of ice per year between 1992 and 2017.

The Greenland Ice Sheet lost 3902 ± 342 billion tonnes of ice between 1992 and 2018. Over half of Greenland’s ice losses comes from increased meltwater runoff driven by warmer atmospheric conditions, with the remainder originating from dynamical imbalance. The Rate of ice loss has Dramatically Increased over the course of our survey, rising from 26 ± 27 billion tonnes per year in the early 1990s to 244 ± 28 billion tonnes per year between 2012 and 2017.

These two assessments reveal that ice losses from the Greenland and Antarctic Ice Sheets are currently tracking the upper range of the IPCC Fifth Assessment Report (AR5) sea level rise projections, which predicts an additional contribution to sea level rise between 14.5 and 23 cm above the central predictions by the end of the century."""
- - -

You can't debate me/the truth, only post/billboard your misleading picture shows.
`

Your stupidity is off the charts since my charts doesn't contradict the charts in the link from YOUR link are two quotes and the red boldings in them are mine

The Greenland Ice Sheet lost 3902 ± 342 billion tonnes of ice between 1992 and 2018. Over half of Greenland’s ice losses comes from increased meltwater runoff driven by warmer atmospheric onditions, with the remainder originating from dynamical imbalance. The rate of ice loss has dramatically increased over the course of our survey, rising from 26 ± 27 billion tonnes per year in the early 1990s to 244 ± 28 billion tonnes per year between 2012 and 2017.

1645414632610.png

The Greenland chart I posted shows the same thing in losses:

1645414797079.png

It shows about 4000 GT losses 1992-2018.

=====

The Antarctic Ice Sheet lost 2720 ± 1390 billion tonnes of ice between 1992 and 2017with a 4-fold increase in the rate of mass loss between the first five years of our survey (1992-1997) and the last five years of our survey (2012-2017). West Antarctica experienced the largest change with the rate of mass loss rising from 53 ± 29 billion tonnes per year at the start of our survey to 159 ± 26 billion tonnes per year at the end of our survey due to increased ocean melting at Pine Island and Thwaites Glaciers causing glacier speedup.

My chart shows the same losses on it:

1645415015771.png

Approximately 2900 GT losses between 1992-2018

===

Your "gotcha!" attempt was a miserable failure which exposes your stupidity very well.

I never disputed the losses at all, what I am pointing out was the losses hardly changes the estimated TOTAL ice masses of Antarctica and Greenland which is why I posted the other two charts showing that.

Your stupidity is off the charts since my charts doesn't contradict the charts in the link from YOUR link are two quotes and the red boldings in them are mine

The Greenland Ice Sheet lost 3902 ± 342 billion tonnes of ice between 1992 and 2018. Over half of Greenland’s ice losses comes from increased meltwater runoff driven by warmer atmospheric onditions, with the remainder originating from dynamical imbalance. The rate of ice loss has dramatically increased over the course of our survey, rising from 26 ± 27 billion tonnes per year in the early 1990s to 244 ± 28 billion tonnes per year between 2012 and 2017.

The Antarctic Ice Sheet lost 2720 ± 1390 billion tonnes of ice between 1992 and 2017with a 4-fold increase in the rate of mass loss between the first five years of our survey (1992-1997) and the last five years of our survey (2012-2017). West Antarctica experienced the largest change with the rate of mass loss rising from 53 ± 29 billion tonnes per year at the start of our survey to 159 ± 26 billion tonnes per year at the end of our survey due to increased ocean melting at Pine Island and Thwaites Glaciers causing glacier speedup.
I never disputed the losses at all, what I am pointing out was the losses hardly changes the estimated TOTAL ice masses of Antarctica and Greenland which is why I posted the other two charts showing that.

YOU SAID.. and suggested warming was Slowing, when in fact it's Strongly (even alarmingly) ACCELERATING YOU LIAR.
SunsetTommy said:
Meanwhile it appears that the usual gang of Warmist/Alarmists in the thread still don't understand POST 55 at all where it shows just how Small the Melting is which I will show by charts for the science impaired warmist/alarmists to handle hopefully their heads don't blow up.

The melting is NOT "small," it's strong and strongly, even 'alarmingly,' ACCELERATING.

`

YOU SAID.. and suggested warming was Slowing, when in fact it's Strongly (even alarmingly) ACCELERATING YOU LIAR.

The melting is NOT "small," it's strong and strongly, even 'alarmingly,' ACCELERATING.

`

Really here is my entire quote aside from the charts I posted:

"Noticed you didn't address my Glacier Bay post at all thus YOU know it is true the melting that started long before 1950 which mean that CO2 has little to with it after all the LIA officially ended in the mid 1800's which is WHY there is melting back to a lower value since then after having built up for about 3 CENTURUES during the LIA time.

DUH!

Meanwhile it appears that the usual gang of warmist/alarmists in the thread still don't understand POST 55 at all where it shows just how small the melting is which I will show by charts for the science impaired warmist/alarmists to handle hopefully their heads don't blow up."

===

Not a word about "warming is slowing" in it. You are WRONG!

Yes, I did say the melting is small in relation total mass of the ice fields which was obvious if you bothered to read POST 55

"Here’s one way of looking at that. We can ask, IF Greenland were to continue losing ice mass at a rate of 103 billion tonnes per year, how long would it take to melt say half of the ice sheet? Not all of it, mind you, but half of it. (Note that I am NOT saying that extending a current trend is a way to estimate the future evolution of the ice sheet—I’m merely using it as a way to compare large numbers.)

To answer our question if 103 billion tonnes lost per year is a big number, we have to compare the annual ice mass loss to the amount of ice in the Greenland ice sheet. The Greenland ice sheet contains about 2.6E+15 (2,600,000,000,000,000) tonnes of water in the form of snow and ice.

So IF the Greenland ice sheet were to lose 103 billion tonnes per year into the indefinite future, it would take about twelve thousand five hundred years to lose half of it …"

===

You are too dumb to be able to think it through,

Really here is my entire quote aside from the charts I posted:

"Noticed you didn't address my Glacier Bay post at all thus YOU know it is true the melting that started long before 1950 which mean that CO2 has little to with it after all the LIA officially ended in the mid 1800's which is WHY there is melting back to a lower value since then after having built up for about 3 CENTURUES during the LIA time.

DUH!

Meanwhile it appears that the usual gang of warmist/alarmists in the thread still don't understand POST 55 at all where it shows just how small the melting is which I will show by charts for the science impaired warmist/alarmists to handle hopefully their heads don't blow up."

===

Not a word about "warming is slowing" in it. You are WRONG!

Yes, I did say the melting is small in relation total mass of the ice fields which was obvious if you bothered to read POST 55

"Here’s one way of looking at that. We can ask, IF Greenland were to continue losing ice mass at a rate of 103 billion tonnes per year, how long would it take to melt say half of the ice sheet? Not all of it, mind you, but half of it. (Note that I am NOT saying that extending a current trend is a way to estimate the future evolution of the ice sheet—I’m merely using it as a way to compare large numbers.)

To answer our question if 103 billion tonnes lost per year is a big number, we have to compare the annual ice mass loss to the amount of ice in the Greenland ice sheet. The Greenland ice sheet contains about 2.6E+15 (2,600,000,000,000,000) tonnes of water in the form of snow and ice.

So IF the Greenland ice sheet were to lose 103 billion tonnes per year into the indefinite future, it would take about twelve thousand five hundred years to lose half of it …"

===

You are too dumb to be able to think it through,
It doesn't matter when it/melting started as we are in a general long term ice (age) retreat, what matters the the Big ACCELRATION even from the first 5 to last 5 of the 20 years YOU picked...and then saying it was "small."
It accelerated strongly.
The OP is correct.
`

So got nothing! Color me shocked
When it comes to this stuff, yes I’m done bantering with fools like you. Comes down to this. Who do you believe? Trump rush and Fox? Then you’re either a greedy racist liar idiot or both.

When it comes to this stuff, yes I’m done bantering with fools like you. Comes down to this. Who do you believe? Trump rush and Fox? Then you’re either a greedy racist liar idiot or both.
I get it, you can’t back your posts and it embarrassed you! You can clear this up and just admit nasa isn’t a climate team

It doesn't matter when it/melting started as we are in a general long term ice (age) retreat, what matters the the Big ACCELRATION even from the first 5 to last 5 of the 20 years YOU picked...and then saying it was "small."
It accelerated strongly.
The OP is correct.
`
so when will it all melt?

Forum List

Back