Zone1 Giving up the search for God

Meriweather

Not all who wander are lost
Oct 21, 2014
According to Scripture: Seek and you shall find.

If you have given up the search for God, what caused you to abandon the quest?

Did anyone stop seeking, then begin once again? What prompted you to renew the search?

Really, I began my search when I realized that I did not believe in the existence of a supernatural dimension of human experience.

Why hasn't there been a miracle since the legends of the New Testament?

It's basically the question I pose to the Christian proselytes who I might have time to chat with. Last week the guy gave me some drawn-out reasoning that I cannot remember. I never do remember, just as they never remember my message: the Three-part Separation Theory is the root of the political chaos that trickles down causing the social disorderliness we endure, and then it cycles back in the election campaigns. Over, and over, and over, . . . repeating and compounding the errors in our social evolution approach to world peace

Last edited:
Really, I began my search when I realized that I did not believe in the existence of a supernatural dimension of human experience.

What kind of miracle would you accept?

People of faith believe human existence comprises body, mind, soul/spirit. Are you satisfied human existence consists only of body and mind?

It's become obvious that Christianity has squandered it's credibility by adhereing to their many assorted bibles that contain so many contradictions that make belief possible.

And so then those people who still need a religion to comfort them could turn to a belief in some god that wasn't associated with the lies and impossibilities of organized Christianity.

And so for a brief period of time in my teens I actually attempted to fall back on that kind of belief system. However, it didn't last for even a year, mainly because there was nothing to sustain the belief system and no reason to want to even try.

Did anyone else experiment with 'Deism'?
Can anyone claim that it can lead to some positive outcome as a belief system for those who simply can't accept the fatally flawed Christian beliefs that can't fit into our modern world?
Does anybody see any point in even trying?

And so then those people who still need a religion to comfort them could turn to a belief in some god that wasn't associated with the lies and impossibilities of organized Christianity.
Specifically, what lies and what one impossibility is associated with Christianity?

Can anyone claim that it can lead to some positive outcome as a belief system for those who simply can't accept the fatally flawed Christian beliefs that can't fit into our modern world?
There was a positive outcome.

Again, specifically, let's talk about a fatally flawed Christian belief.

What kind of miracle would you accept?
A reliable government charter that guides us to understand the truth and the better evolution of humankind.

That is what we need. Just saying, "if everyone would believe in him, then world peace will deploy," has not worked, so far. Maybe if he came down from his arrogant throne and spoke to all of us at once, then maybe . . .

We need something to organize the diversity of people to understand how to live peacefully.

People of faith believe human existence comprises body, mind, soul/spirit. Are you satisfied human existence consists only of body and mind?

Yes. That is what I meant when I wrote the following

Why couldn't you understand that and avoid asking a question that I already aswered?

You don’t think that followers of gods other than your gods find your comment to be the height of arrogance?
If you could restate your question in a more logical and grammatically correct manner, I would be happy to answer it.

A reliable government charter that guides us to understand the truth and the better evolution of humankind.

That is what we need. Just saying, "if everyone would believe in him, then world peace will deploy," has not worked, so far. Maybe if he came down from his arrogant throne and spoke to all of us at once, then maybe . . .

We need something to organize the diversity of people to understand how to live peacefully.
My 'world' has peace. The planet does not. What struck me about Jesus is that he spoke to individuals about bringing peace and love into the world around them--and those individual worlds are extremely small when compared to the entire planet.

Theoretically, do you think if God came and spoke to each nation, governments--or perhaps a single government--could be in charge of insuring a peaceful planet?

It's basically the question I pose to the Christian proselytes who I might have time to chat with. Last week the guy gave me some drawn-out reasoning that I cannot remember. I never do remember, just as they never remember my message: the Three-part Separation Theory is the root of the political chaos that trickles down causing the social disorderliness we endure, and then it cycles back in the election campaigns. Over, and over, and over, . . . repeating and compounding the errors in our social evolution approach to world peace
Miracles happen every day.

Why couldn't you understand that and avoid asking a question that I already aswered?
I may be overly careful in jumping to my own conclusions. For example, some believe human make-up is body and mind only. When death occurs, no spirit lives on. Others believe that while human make-up can be described as body, mind, spirit/energy, the spirit/energy changes from one form of energy to another. (This follows the science that energy is neither created nor destroyed.) Sometimes this is called the snowflake theory.

Anyway, no offense intended, I just didn't want to go off on an inaccurate tangent.

If you could restate your question in a more logical and grammatically correct manner, I would be happy to answer it.
If you are having issues following a succinctly written question, clearly state what you’re confused about.

According to Scripture: Seek and you shall find.

If you have given up the search for God, what caused you to abandon the quest?

Did anyone stop seeking, then begin once again? What prompted you to renew the search?

what was meant was find without reading and the truth will be true. than the forgeries and fallacies of the desert religion documents.

as the prescribed religion of antiquity, spoken without text - at least not found in their documents they must yet to have found.

or worse abandoned for their 10000 pg documents of selective appeasement and self reward than the general welfare - - for everyone.

Forum List

Back