Zone1 Giving up the search for God

the spirit/energy changes from one form of energy to another. (This follows the science that energy is neither created nor destroyed.)
No it doesn't.
The ID'ers tried to rethink science for their purposes and look at how they were destroyed in the Dover school board case.

There was a positive outcome.

Again, specifically, let's talk about a fatally flawed Christian belief.
The bibles are fatally flawed and they are the only source of any evidence for the god, etc.
You can try to pick and choose what is 'literal' in the bibles and what is not, but rational thinking people won't be accepting it.

That is, unless they've been indoctrinated as children. Then it becomes impinted on them to some extent for life.

You have nothing but your faith and that's not acceptable to use who weren't indoctrinated.

I suggest we should end this right there unless you have something more than your own faith to back up your beliefs.

Also, fwiw I said I was interested in hearing of other people's experience with Deism as their fallback postions. You're not there yet, even though you are trying to waffle on the interpretations and translations of the bibles.

I was interested in hearing of other people's experience with Deism as their fallback postions. You're not there yet
If you wished to tie deism in with this thread, I was willing to go along. If, on second thought, you do not see any ties between deism and the topic I introduced, probably best if you launched your own thread.

If you are having issues following a succinctly written question, clearly state what you’re confused about.
You don’t think that followers of gods other than your gods find your comment to be the height of arrogance?
1. "You don't think..." is not a prelude to a question.
2. "Gods other than your gods" erroneously presupposes that I have multiple exclusive gods, as opposed to a general concept of another dimension to our being (i.e., "God").
3. I don't know who these "followers" are, unless you are referring to the rabid atheists in this forum who are certain that no higher form of intelligence exists in the universe. To me, that is the height of arrogance.

According to Scripture: Seek and you shall find.

If you have given up the search for God, what caused you to abandon the quest?

Did anyone stop seeking, then begin once again? What prompted you to renew the search?
You give up when you don't look in the correct place. Its all about "spiritualism" not "literalism". God is a Spirit Being (John 2:24), "........those that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in TRUTH. What is truth? "Santify them in your (God's) truth.........Your word is truth." (John 17:17)

You give up when you don't look in the correct place.
The Bible also cautions that it is not in great and powerful events that God is to be found, but in the tiny whispers around us. It also notes it is futile to put God to the test.

Did anyone stop seeking, then begin once again? What prompted you to renew the search?

I'm a kind of wait and see kind of person. When any evidence, anything at all, one little scrap, comes along that points to there being a God, I might then look see.

Right now it's like searching for a banana in a haystack....

I'm a kind of wait and see kind of person. When any evidence, anything at all, one little scrap, comes along that points to there being a God, I might then look see.
Isn't that the opposite of 'Seek and find'? Seek and find seems to be an expectation of us. Isn't 'Wait and see' an expectation we put on God?

The Bible also cautions that it is not in great and powerful events that God is to be found, but in the tiny whispers around us. It also notes it is futile to put God to the test.
The inspired words of the Apostle describes man's search for God in explicit detail. You search but cannot find because God is located not in the the physical word nor any temples made by man. We have our existence WITHIN the God of Creation.

"God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is the Lord of Heaven and earth does not dwell in temples made with hands. Nor is He worshiped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives life, breath, and all things. And He has made from one blood (Adams) every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth and has determined their preappointed times and boundaries of their dwellings, so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; FOR IN HIM WE LIVE AND MOVE AND HAVE OUR BEING...................." Acts 17:24-28

This explains God's omnipresence, omnipotence, and omniscience. This is how God can be everywhere at once, be all powerful over all that is within Him, and have all knowledge concerning all that is within Him.

Jesus Himself explained exactly where the Kingdom of God is located.......within the heart of each believer, its a spiritual kingdom with God's precepts engrained within the heart of the citizens of that kingdom (Luke 17:21)......just as prophesied in Jer. 31:31-34. Man attempted to live by the literal letter of the law and failed because he could not keep the conditions of the covenant of the literal laws, i.e., the Law of Moses. Today we must worship in Spirit(the spirit that God has given each and every one of us that makes us in the image of God, we have free will to decide what is right and what is wrong, just like God) and we must continue to make decisions/judgement and worship in Truth (God's revealed word) as founded in God's own words.

Do this and you shall find God..........live by the precepts established by the God of creation and the reward of having an eternal fellowship with the God of creation is the prize rewarded at the end of this race called life. No one is ever rewarded a prize/trophy while the race is still being run. A Christian's sabbath (rest) comes not during the race but when the race is completed.

God has no respect of person and would have all men come to the knowledge of the truth and be saved. (1 Tim. 2:4)

Last edited:
1. "You don't think..." is not a prelude to a question.
2. "Gods other than your gods" erroneously presupposes that I have multiple exclusive gods, as opposed to a general concept of another dimension to our being (i.e., "God").
3. I don't know who these "followers" are, unless you are referring to the rabid atheists in this forum who are certain that no higher form of intelligence exists in the universe. To me, that is the height of arrogance.
That was quite a dance.

Couldn’t address my comment, obviously.

So tell us about other dimensions inhabited by “our gods”.

Isn't that the opposite of 'Seek and find'? Seek and find seems to be an expectation of us. Isn't 'Wait and see' an expectation we put on God?

Actually it's more about not believing.

I don't believe things. Believing is something humans do as a part of the course. It's simpler to make up your own narrative rather than wait until you have enough information to make a realistic judgement. We simply don't care, for the most part, whether we're right or not, as long as it's acceptable to us.

So, I need more information.

Actually it's more about not believing.

I don't believe things. Believing is something humans do as a part of the course. It's simpler to make up your own narrative rather than wait until you have enough information to make a realistic judgement. We simply don't care, for the most part, whether we're right or not, as long as it's acceptable to us.

So, I need more information.
Perhaps that is one of the purposes of seeking...so we know.

Perhaps that is one of the purposes of seeking...so we know.

Yeah, but how can you seek something that there's not one single piece of evidence it exists?

The reality is what people are seeking isn't "God", it's something else. It's a way of creating a fantasy world for themselves to hide from reality. That's not "seeking".

who would read a book written by others to find their heavenly paradise is no where near where they would find what they are looking for ...

or if they have the tablets the deserts claim were etched in the heavens they could give relevance to their documents by their appearance or as well prove those documents as forgeries without them.

seek and find was the prescription for the journey from the beginning no instruction was ever issued to read a book to fulfill their mission.

who would read a book written by others to find their heavenly paradise is no where near where they would find what they are looking for ...

or if they have the tablets the deserts claim were etched in the heavens they could give relevance to their documents by their appearance or as well prove those documents as forgeries without them.

seek and find was the prescription for the journey from the beginning no instruction was ever issued to read a book to fulfill their mission.
Its simple, just as demonstrated by your own attempt at circular logic, "Oh Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself, it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps." -- Jer. 10:23

The Bible is a book that speaks of knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Apply your own stupidity to the modern world..........how is any man to come to true knowledge, understanding and become wise in the ways of the world if not through learning to reason and then apply that knowledge logically if not through the education that comes through......recorded history as accessed in a written format?

What? According to you a person is born with the innate ability to instantly access knowledge, understanding/comprehension and the wisdom that comes in knowing when to apply the lessons learned.? Who needs any written record? :dunno:

Yet.........that is the message you are asking others to accept as truth. No one learns and gains comprehension through the communication derived through the written word. Or is it simply the Bigotry you have toward certain BOOKS, just like Hitler?:stir: You want a good old fashion book burning in relation to everything you do not personally agree with? It would take an idiot to actually believe that you are being honest, you are simply attempting to stir up shit and gain attention like any neglected child might do.

Again........it must be asked........how old are you, 15, 16? You are demanding that others accept your OPINION as truth over that which is recorded and can be tested. Its typical of a secular humanist. You never provide any testable retort, its all based upon your personal opinion.

Last edited:
Its simple, just as demonstrated by your own attempt at circular logic, "Oh Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself, it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps." -- Jer. 10:23

The Bible is a book that speaks of knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Apply your own stupidity to the modern world..........how is any man to come to true knowledge, understanding and become wise in the ways of the world if not through learning to reason and then apply that knowledge logically if not through the education that comes through......recorded history as accessed in a written format?

What? According to you a person is born with the innate ability to instantly access knowledge, understanding/comprehension and the wisdom that comes in knowing when to apply the lessons learned.? Who needs any written record? :dunno:

Yet.........that is the message you are asking others to accept as truth. No one learns and gains comprehension through the communication derived through the written word. Or is it simply the Bigotry you have toward certain BOOKS, just like Hitler?:stir: You want a good old fashion book burning in relation to everything you do not personally agree with? It would take an idiot to actually believe that you are being honest, you are simply attempting to stir up shit and gain attention like any neglected child might do.

Again........it must be asked........how old are you, 15, 16? You are demanding that others accept your OPINION as truth over that which is recorded and can be tested. Its typical of a secular humanist. You never provide any testable retort, its all based upon your personal opinion.

"Oh Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself, it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps." -- Jer. 10:23

clyde believes their corrupt c bible and its subliminal religion of servitude reflected by their false - messiah. and the forgeries and fallacies that appear on nearly every page of their document as why they ignore the intent of the thread and the reason for its conclusion.

rather than the true, heavenly 1st century events of liberation theology, self determination ... to freely find the heavenly paradise that awaits them.

* also - clyde consistently writes excessively what could be 1/4 in length with the same content ... (hint).

I recommend starting with prayer, keeping the Commandments, and service to others.

why are you unable to produce the origin for the desert commandments - that are in fact purely subjective, madeup for nefarious purposes as proven by their uninterrupted history of persecution and victimization of the innocent -

or remove them from the desert documents- as forgeries.

I am polytheistic.

I was before when I was much younger. I abandoned it or I thought I did. I specifically worked with Artemis and later, Ma'at, and then Hermeticism. After I was married, it took a back seat and then there was no time.

This is my way back. First of all, if you encounter an obstacle that you cannot leave or cannot be removed from your life then it's "a lesson" and you have to go through it. You can call that cause and effect. You can call that a soul contract. You can call that Karma. You can look at it as growing up and having to "learn things the hard way". Whatever you believe in or don't believe in--you can relate to that experience.

I had two cases. The first one was with a previously convicted child sex offender. I really thought that if I placed myself in front of the kids and stood my ground that I could protect them. All I had to do was be the wall. Well, that is not how it works. I spent 2 1/2 hours on the witness stand at a jury trial and we lost. Everything works out in the end but I don't know it at that time and it's not on my watch. I was all kinds of jacked up for months. My second one involved sex trafficking and I'm not going to talk about it right now except to say that I refuse to protect the wrong group of people. By that time, I was definitely all kinds of jacked up.

I found myself working for free on the weekends. When someone quit and there was a need to fill a gap for on call I volunteered to cover whatever. I had enough and went hiking on a weekend. I heard pretty clearly that I was going to loop or encounter the same type of jobs and relationships that sucked the life out of me until I worked through why it was happening. I needed to learn how to set up some boundaries. Also, no. I couldn't leave yet. You can call that your internal dialogue, your conscious, your spirit guide, your guardian angel, your God, Spirit, cause and effect or whatever it is that you believe in or don't. When I look back, it is almost like I never left in many ways.

clyde believes their corrupt c bible and its subliminal religion of servitude reflected by their false - messiah. and the forgeries and fallacies that appear on nearly every page of their document as why they ignore the intent of the thread and the reason for its conclusion.

rather than the true, heavenly 1st century events of liberation theology, self determination ... to freely find the heavenly paradise that awaits them.

* also - clyde consistently writes excessively what could be 1/4 in length with the same content ... (hint).
I believe.......unlike you that man only learns of his history through the written word, not by prognostication. You are still to address the question. Just how does anyone learn and gain knowledge void of acquiring that education from previous or current generations void of the written word? You must believe in miracles if you assume that anyone can learn void of written communication in some format. What? You are not using the written word as we speak to promote your logical fallacy that nothing can exist until it is found by man? :abgg2q.jpg: You are using the miraculous gift of thought transference?

No idiot can stand the test of reason and logic. Really....15? 16?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back