Giant 280ft asteroid will skim past earth today in close fly by traveling at 30,420 miles per hour

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Giant 280ft asteroid will skim past Earth today in close flyby travelling at 30,420 miles per hour
(Daily Mail) – A massive asteroid believed to measure 280ftin diameter is set to fly past Earth this afternoon at a dizzying speed of 30,422 miles per hour. The asteroid, dubbed 2013 MD8, is expected to skim past Earth at just over 3 million miles away, or about 13 times the distance between Earth and the moon, at 12:55 pm (ET) on Tuesday. The huge space rock is expected to make a ‘close approach’ to Earth, but its trajectory should see it soar safely by.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Often when these things are near earth good sized quakes end up taking place from the gravity disrupting the gravity pull etc.

Guess we should hope it's not like the one that hit Russia a few years ago.

other news on this mother nature chit today too LOL....

Scientists call it California’s “other big one,” and they say it could cause three times as much damage as a major earthquake ripping along the San Andreas Fault.

‘Other Big One’: Rare Mega-Storm in L.A. Area Could Cause 3 Times as Much Damage as Major Earthquake

Last edited:
  • Banned
Giant 280ft asteroid will skim past Earth today in close flyby travelling at 30,420 miles per hour
(Daily Mail) – A massive asteroid believed to measure 280ftin diameter is set to fly past Earth this afternoon at a dizzying speed of 30,422 miles per hour. The asteroid, dubbed 2013 MD8, is expected to skim past Earth at just over 3 million miles away, or about 13 times the distance between Earth and the moon, at 12:55 pm (ET) on Tuesday. The huge space rock is expected to make a ‘close approach’ to Earth, but its trajectory should see it soar safely by.

Often when these things are near earth good sized quakes end up taking place from the gravity disrupting the gravity pull etc.

Lemme get this straight. You're expecting a GRAVITY EFFECT from a chunk of rock three million miles out that is 280 feet wide? A chunk of rock more than forty thousand times smaller than the moon and thirteen times farther away?

Guess we can't drive any more. The gravity pull from each car will make them crash into each other in the middle of the road.

Lemme offer you a clue here. If a baseball batter hits a ball 280 feet it's a routine pop up to the outfield.

SMGDH

You SERIOUSLY need a life.

I just hope the Earth and the moons gravity don't cause a coronal mass ejection from that meteor.

Lemme get this straight. You're expecting a GRAVITY EFFECT from a chunk of rock three million miles out that is 280 feet wide? A chunk of rock more than forty thousand times smaller than the moon and thirteen times farther away?

Guess we can't drive any more. The gravity pull from each car will make them crash into each other in the middle of the road.

Lemme offer you a clue here. If a baseball batter hits a ball 280 feet it's a routine pop up to the outfield.

SMGDH

You SERIOUSLY need a life.

iu

^ :cuckoo:

Yeah, I don't think the gravity of a 280 ft diameter meteor is going to cause any quakes. :)

you really are a dumb gawd do get educated your down syndrome does you no justice.

Am I really "a dumb gawd"? :lol:

Why don't you explain to those of us who are skeptical how a 280 ft diameter asteroid is going to have enough mass, while passing at that distance, to cause earthquakes. Is this some sort of super-dense asteroid? Maybe a strange form of black hole? :popcorn:

Yeah, I don't think the gravity of a 280 ft diameter meteor is going to cause any quakes. :)
I may be a

you really are a dumb gawd do get educated your down syndrome does you no justice.

Why don't you explain to those of us who are skeptical how a 280 ft diameter asteroid is going to have enough mass, while passing at that distance, to cause earthquakes. Is this some sort of super-dense asteroid? Maybe a strange form of black hole? :popcorn:
Maybe it's a neutron star. Those can create serious gravitational stresses.

Scientists call it California’s “other big one,” and they say it could cause three times as much damage as a major earthquake ripping along the San Andreas Fault.

‘Other Big One’: Rare Mega-Storm in L.A. Area Could Cause 3 Times as Much Damage as Major Earthquake
What in the hell was God thinking!??

Surely it's covered with magnetically charged tinfoil. :tinfoil:

Always instructive to observe where Mind Lost in War sucks up her headlines. If it's not Alex John Brinkley Jones it "the end times dot com". :rofl:

hair-fire.gif

Ok, Cassandra....:71:

She’s like Trump. In her mind, she’s already won. Was it even a win/lose thing? Doesn’t matter.

Asteroid Impact Crater Calculator - calculates the effects of the impact of an object hitting the earth

upload_2019-2-19_18-1-33.png

424,115,008,234,600,000,000,000 joules is a whole lot of energy, if the asteroid is made of iron, and some are much denser I'm sure.

Asteroid Impact Crater Calculator - calculates the effects of the impact of an object hitting the earth

View attachment 246734

424,115,008,234,600,000,000,000 joules is a whole lot of energy, if the asteroid is made of iron, and some are much denser I'm sure.

This isn't about an impact, the asteroid isn't supposed to hit Earth.

View attachment 246734

This isn't about an impact, the asteroid isn't supposed to hit Earth.
What if the asteroid is deflected by aliens, to say, uh, California?

Forum List

Back