Get Woke, Go Broke... Netflix loses a million subscribers....

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
...in the second quarter of 2022 after losing 200,000 in the first quarter.

Woke programming and preachy social propaganda masquerading as entertainment is not what American consumers are looking for in 2022...

You're right. What the majority of viewers want, is escapism from the daily barrage of political and identity nonsense of real life. Even the long-running show, Walking Dead got into the act on the nonsense, so while forgiving the producers for making it more Soap-Opera Ish, in the first episode of this last season, they clearly were indicating a Marxist turn in the series, so I stopped watching it.
In this most recent season of Stranger Things, they were clearly pushing the LGBTQ, etc., agenda. So, that's it for me. Even the Marvel Avengers production is putting it in there. So, that's out for me.
When the fringe element began pushing for any new James Bond film to have Bond be gay, a woman, or black, Barbara Broccoli, did the right thing by killing Bond off in the latest film, No Time to Die. There's nothing stopping the creation of a "new" character like Bond that is any one of those categories, just not the established ones. Is a producer incapable of creating a different superhero, a different spy, or different any character for the screen, the fringe elements just need to leave ours alone.

Back in reality, there's a non-stupid explanation.

Amazon Prime,
Disney+
AppleTV
And so on.

Everyone is streaming now, and usually charging less than Netflix. That might have something to do with it.

Last edited:
You're right. What the majority of viewers want, is escapism from the daily barrage of political and identity nonsense of real life. Even the long-running show, Walking Dead got into the act on the nonsense, so while forgiving the producers for making it more Soap-Opera Ish, in the first episode of this last season, they clearly were indicating a Marxist turn in the series, so I stopped watching it.
In this most recent season of Stranger Things, they were clearly pushing the LGBTQ, etc., agenda. So, that's it for me. Even the Marvel Avengers production is putting it in there. So, that's out for me.
When the fringe element began pushing for any new James Bond film to have Bond be gay, a woman, or black, Barbara Broccoli, did the right thing by killing Bond off in the latest film, No Time to Die.
Darn, we were about to start Stranger Things at Season 2. I really can't be looking at the LGBTXYZ stuff, so I guess we'll give up when they start that. Ha! This may be why their stock is in trouble!

They just put out a highly controversial staging of Jane Austen's Persuasion that cast blacks in many major roles, although this novel was set in Regency England among the upper class in 1814, so that's just nuts. I can't be looking at something that crazy. I read some reviews, all are pretty angry, but people have a very hard time just saying what is the problem! Of course, they are afraid they'll be cancelled and harassed.

I don't mind them casting blacks in parts if it actually WORKS, but if they are just playing Alternate Universe, that's stupid. I remember Kenneth Branagh, early on in his career of ruining Shakespeare, once cast one of the quarreling ducal brothers in Much Ado About Nothing as black, but the play is set in medieval Naples, and the brothers had different concubines for mothers --- and so he made one black, but that was plausible under the circumstances. So fine. And it was one of his best plays, too. Not because of the black, but the principals, Beatrice and Benedict. Nowadays Branaugh is casting himself as Hercule Poirot with blond hair and a huge handlebar mustache and most of the cast of The Orient Express as blacks and mulattos despite their being Americans and well off upper class. As if. That, we're passing up.

Last edited:
If they do ads and charge me more, they will lose another customer.
Me too. Amazon has some of their movies as Adfree, or FreebeeTV or something --- the movies have ads, apparently. I wouldn't know, I won't look at that. You can just pay the rental fee, though: a good test to see which people prefer.

...in the second quarter of 2022 after losing 200,000 in the first quarter.

Woke programming and preachy social propaganda masquerading as entertainment is not what American consumers are looking for in 2022...

Didn't they also support Dave Chappell and tell their employees who had a problem with it to fuck off?

Why is it you clowns are always looking for signs to validate your feelings? 😂

Yawns. Netflix posted better than expected profits and their stock jumped over 6% today on the same data. Go woke, make money is working out just fine for them.

Helps to know what you are talking about
Netflix rises stoutly today based on good news that anticipated subscriber loss was just 50% of market expert predictions. Not a Woke issue.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back