Zone1 Get rid of the ignore feature.

miketx If you're not writing comedy, you're life has been wasted! 😂

Screenshot_20230708-103346.jpg

I've only been here at USMB since 2019, but if I were an Old School member....speaking for myself, as someone who voted for Obama in 2008 ......being a Trump supporter now, I'm sure there would be people I put on ignore 10 or 15 years ago that I would be friends with now....and vice versa.
I win the trophy for longest complete sentence of the day.

This is the problem here. Why is it so hard to have an honest discussion without all the rancor and vitirol?
The problem is that people don’t understand the difference between discussion and debate. Discussion is simply an exchange of information. A debate generally includes people trying to change other people’s minds or prove themself correct.

I will not engage in debate with anyone on any topic. I will engage in discussion, right up until it becomes debate. Then I’m gone.

The problem is that people don’t understand the difference between discussion and debate. Discussion is simply an exchange of information. A debate generally includes people trying to change other people’s minds or prove themself correct.

I will not engage in debate with anyone on any topic. I will engage in discussion, right up until it becomes debate. Then I’m gone.
Exactly. Also, the ignore feature is used by people for a various number of reasons. I use it for the copy and paste freaks not open to discussion. Their mind is set and their reply is just several pages of copy and paste crap. So at the moment, the chief forum gun nut is the only one on my ignore list, and there's an idiot on climate issues that's going down the same route.

It's drama queen stuff too...so dramatic. :laugh:
Exactly to my point.
We all live in three separate lives whether we realize or not.
Private.
Public.
Secret.
Here we share a community of generally anonymous members......obviously public......1/3 of this crowd at USMB- I'm not even sure if they're boys or girls..

SO again . I stand by my op.

Ignorists risk not knowing what others already know.
'There were no ministers in the room, no prayers uttered, no Christian rituals offering everlasting life....He died a Roman stoic rather than a Christian saint.'
(Joseph Ellis, His Excellency: George Washington, p. 269)

Exactly. Also, the ignore feature is used by people for a various number of reasons. I use it for the copy and paste freaks not open to discussion. Their mind is set and their reply is just several pages of copy and paste crap. So at the moment, the chief forum gun nut is the only one on my ignore list, and there's an idiot on climate issues that's going down the same route.
I'm game fer battlin'! :slap::argue::meow:

Exactly to my point.
We all live in three separate lives whether we realize or not.
Private.
Public.
Secret.
Here we share a community of generally anonymous members......obviously public......1/3 of this crowd at USMB- I'm not even sure if they're boys or girls..

SO again . I stand by my op.
That's by design. Many women do not let on that on that they are to avoid online harassment. And I don't out them

because of posters like danielpalos n the greek weirdo. Nobody deserves that.

It's my guess that so many people have so many other people on ignore that it has slowed the board down too much.
I disagree. Unlike other sites, putting someone on ignore in USMB only minimally disrupts the flow. The benefit outweighs the disruption to me.

If I want to ignore someone, I just ignore them. Announcing that you have someone on ignore is an admission of surrender. Check out, for example, the previous post.

Still, if it's what people want to do, it's a useful feature. And it's not going to slow the board down. It probably does the opposite, since it means less data has to be sent out.
yes …. i have a few persons on IGNO ….. without telling them, of. course

Verbal abuse at others is not always enough to ban the abuser, but some had enough abuse in their lifetimes such that more is unwelcome. Why should people who are emotionally allergic to abuse come here to get more from someone who cannot refrain from abusing an adversary. Some have shells like a turtle, and they don't get it about sensitivity. And those who are burned by abuse have respite in ignoring the lummox who shoots abuse bullets like an AK-47. I rest my case that no one has to be used like a dammit doll.

Some here thrive on insults. I could name a few. They seem to thrive on them, the more the merrier.

Forum List

Back