Germany faces its greatest economic crisis since the Second World War, thanks to the unrelenting idiocy of our political and media classes.

Your are really the most repetitive and boring member on the board.

Bleipriester - why do you still try to say something to me or about Germany? You ruined your reputation long, long years ago. Everything what you say about politics is absolutelly irrelevant for me.

Bleipriester - why do you still try to say something to me or about Germany? You ruined your reputation long, long years ago. Everything what you say about politics is absolutelly irrelevant for me.
I didn´t tell you anything. You quoted me again. Are you sane? I don´t think so. Consult a psychologist.

Mindful

If you like to know something about Nazis then ask me. I am a native German with also Jewish ancestors. Your "see Europe in three days and become allknowing"-idea is perhaps not the very best qualification.

It turns out that Russia can do without German automobiles, but Germany can’t do without Russian gas. If the hydrocarbons don’t come back online, Germany will face its greatest economic crisis since World War II. The state will implement emergency rationing plans, which call for starving our lockdown-ravaged industry first, in favour of keeping people alive in their homes.

Probably water will also be rationed as a secondary measure, so that not too much gas is wasted in the heating of it. Some municipalities are already establishing facilities where the elderly, the poor and the sick can sleep in heated rooms on cots in the coldest months.

Ironically or not, many of these warehouses previously served as vaccination centres or had been eyed as places to treat the surge of Corona patients that Germany never quite saw.

The newspapers are suddenly full of advice about the merits of electric space heaters and the costs of installing wood stoves. Fuel, though, is a fungible resource. Natural gas also powers electricity plants, and all you need is a slight increase in demand for wood itself to become scarce.

I have a hunch Germany was told Russia would be defeated in a month or less but at the moment they seem to be winning with things like their gas policy and new allies who almost certainly are going to change the way the world works.

Germany was warned several years ago that critical dependence on Russian gas can have bad consequences. For Russia, gas supplies to Europe have been not only a source of revenue, but a political leverage also. As it turns out to be, it wasn't just empty words.
Would Germany have had a problem if it had not joined the Ukraine war?

Scholz: "If the war in Ukraine ends and peace is established on Russia's terms, Western sanctions will not be lifted."
Herr Scholz decided to freeze Germany to the last German

Gazprom stops gas supplies to three energy companies in Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands. Orsted, Shell and GasTerra have abandoned the Moscow "payment in rubles" scheme.
Moscow has already stopped gas supplies to Bulgaria, Poland, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, whose dependence is mainly more than 90%.
And the German Ministry of Economy said it was impossible to survive the winter without Russian gas.

"Game of Thrones" (last season)
I am sure I heard this differently. They are doing checks and repairs and they do not know if whatever 2 will be ready. If it is good. If not then Russia can manage - basically not letting them know whether they will get gas or not.

You see, today, "green energy" is like a rare and expensive delicate dish, such as nightingale tongues, for example, in a house with a full refrigerator with ordinary food.
But if the refrigerator is empty...
Bon appetit with these nightingale tongues!
Many places wind energy has now become the cheapest. Green energy is expensive to get started but it is going to result in much cheaper energy within quite a short time.

Would Germany have had a problem if it had not joined the Ukraine war?
Ironically, this question doesn't have a simple answer yes or no, as it might seem. An answer that lies on the ground is 'no, it hadn't'. Germany would be glad to keep getting Russian recourses at an affordable price and having access to their market.

But there is the other side of a coin. Eastern Europe views a too close rapprochement between Germany and Russia as an existential threat. And further moving in this direction would cause counter-measures like forming new political and military alliances.

Forum List

Back