Georgia School Confiscates Christmas Cards

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
I do not know the details of this story other than there were Christmas cards posted in a Georgia classroom and they were Christmas cards of nativity scenes or cards that said the word, "Christmas". Now I know there are restictions in public schools concerning religion but I remember giving my teachers Christmas cards as a child so something has changed. I am wondering why. What do you think? Why would they change the rules on Christmas cards being allowed to be seen at school?

For as long as anyone can remember, teachers at Brooklet Elementary School have posted Christmas cards in the hallways outside their classrooms – until Monday.

When boys and girls returned from Thanksgiving break, they discovered that their teachers’ Christmas cards had been removed – under orders from the Georgia school’s administration.

Robb Kicklighter’s wife is a third grade teacher at the school. He said many teachers are disgruntled by the school’s decision to confiscate the Christmas cards.

“They took down the cards so the kids can’t see them,” he told me. “Some of the cards had the word ‘Christmas’ and some had Nativity scenes.”

Kicklighter said the cards were put behind an office door so only teachers could access them.

Read more at Georgia School Confiscates Christmas Cards | Conservative ByteConservative Byte

Last edited:
Not to me it isn't, Henry. I do find it sad that children cannot have the Christmas cards displayed in their classroom! I remember that being part of the school sharing in the Christmas holiday season experience. I guess the Christmas cards are "history" now. Sad. - Jeri

I'm an atheist, but for the life of me don't get why anyone gives a shit about stuff like this. It people want to have xmas cards then have 'em.

Geez between this and the mother who was banned from school because she has a gun permit, looks like GA is going liberal. And I thought living in Connecticutistan was bad when I had to register my 16 bullet magazine for my hand gun as a assault weapon.

GA Mom is Banned from Daughter?s School After Posting Weapons Permit on Facebook

I've heard the 'rumors'--may be true. For several decades now most schools have been going with 'Winter Holidays'--fwiw.

Bulloch County--SE GA--for those who care--somewhere between Savannah and Hinesville. Probably is a huge topic of discussion there.
eta: actually it seems to be in Statesboro--there is a university there. Still seems strange that they have not been in Winter Holidays mode for quite some time. Likely that a number of GA counties are in the same position. Someone from CNN should look into this, ASAP.

STARNES EXCLUSIVE: Georgia School Confiscates Christmas Cards - Fox Nation

Last edited:
Fucking xtians trying to exploit Christmas again...sigh.Just like having to deal with the retards in the christmas parade handing out their religious filth I had to confiscate and trash from the kids.

lol--a 'seasonal gift' for some special people --you never fail to amaze me.

'Cheers'--many seem to need some cheer of some kind.

“I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not.

I can believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny and the Beatles and Marilyn Monroe and Elvis and Mister Ed. Listen - I believe that people are perfectable, that knowledge is infinite, that the world is run by secret banking cartels and is visited by aliens on a regular basis, nice ones that look like wrinkled lemurs and bad ones who mutilate cattle and want our water and our women.

I believe that the future sucks and I believe that the future rocks and I believe that one day White Buffalo Woman is going to come back and kick everyone's ass. I believe that all men are just overgrown boys with deep problems communicating and that the decline in good sex in America is coincident with the decline in drive-in movie theaters from state to state.

I believe that all politicians are unprincipled crooks and I still believe that they are better than the alternative. I believe that California is going to sink into the sea when the big one comes, while Florida is going to dissolve into madness and alligators and toxic waste.

I believe that antibacterial soap is destroying our resistance to dirt and disease so that one day we'll all be wiped out by the common cold like martians in War of the Worlds.

I believe that the greatest poets of the last century were Edith Sitwell and Don Marquis, that jade is dried dragon sperm, and that thousands of years ago in a former life I was a one-armed Siberian shaman.

I believe that mankind's destiny lies in the stars. I believe that candy really did taste better when I was a kid, that it's aerodynamically impossible for a bumble bee to fly, that light is a wave and a particle, that there's a cat in a box somewhere who's alive and dead at the same time (although if they don't ever open the box to feed it it'll eventually just be two different kinds of dead), and that there are stars in the universe billions of years older than the universe itself.

I believe in a personal god who cares about me and worries and oversees everything I do. I believe in an impersonal god who set the universe in motion and went off to hang with her girlfriends and doesn't even know that I'm alive. I believe in an empty and godless universe of causal chaos, background noise, and sheer blind luck.

I believe that anyone who says sex is overrated just hasn't done it properly. I believe that anyone who claims to know what's going on will lie about the little things too.

I believe in absolute honesty and sensible social lies. I believe in a woman's right to choose, a baby's right to live, that while all human life is sacred there's nothing wrong with the death penalty if you can trust the legal system implicitly, and that no one but a moron would ever trust the legal system.

I believe that life is a game, that life is a cruel joke, and that life is what happens when you're alive and that you might as well lie back and enjoy it.”
― Neil Gaiman, American Gods

Last edited:
I'm an atheist, but for the life of me don't get why anyone gives a shit about stuff like this. It people want to have xmas cards then have 'em.
Amen! :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. If those who wanted the cards removed can't respect those who put them up, how do they expect to get any respect for what they believe if they believe anything at all that is?

Fucking xtians trying to exploit Christmas again...sigh.Just like having to deal with the retards in the christmas parade handing out their religious filth I had to confiscate and trash from the kids.
Does USMB have it's own piece of shit White Supremacist member now?

I'll bet not for long! :lol:

Christmas is a pagan holiday co-opted by the early Roman Catholic church.

The tradition of Christmas trees comes from Pagan Druids in Scotland.

Jesus was not born on Dec. 25th.

Jesus is a made up character or most likely a composite of several spiritual leaders who were crucified by Rome.

Jesus' back story (virgin birth) was stolen from a mesopotamian myth.

Jesus is a made up character or most likely a composite of several spiritual leaders who were crucified by Rome.

Christmas is not a pagan holiday you dumb ass. The Christmas tree and some of the elements incorporated into the way Christmas is celebrated today have some pagan roots, but it is very much a Christian holiday.

Christmas is not a pagan holiday you dumb ass. The Christmas tree and some of the elements incorporated into the way Christmas is celebrated today have some pagan roots, but it is very much a Christian holiday.

Yeah! And this is a Christian nation! So if you don't like us celebrating Christmas in schools, you can just get hit by a bus!

Jughead_smile_say_that.jpg

I do not know the details of this story other than there were Christmas cards posted in a Georgia classroom and they were Christmas cards of nativity scenes or cards that said the word, "Christmas". Now I know there are restictions in public schools concerning religion but I remember giving my teachers Christmas cards as a child so something has changed. I am wondering why. What do you think? Why would they change the rules on Christmas cards being allowed to be seen at school?

For as long as anyone can remember, teachers at Brooklet Elementary School have posted Christmas cards in the hallways outside their classrooms – until Monday.

When boys and girls returned from Thanksgiving break, they discovered that their teachers’ Christmas cards had been removed – under orders from the Georgia school’s administration.

Robb Kicklighter’s wife is a third grade teacher at the school. He said many teachers are disgruntled by the school’s decision to confiscate the Christmas cards.

“They took down the cards so the kids can’t see them,” he told me. “Some of the cards had the word ‘Christmas’ and some had Nativity scenes.”

Kicklighter said the cards were put behind an office door so only teachers could access them.

Read more at Georgia School Confiscates Christmas Cards | Conservative ByteConservative Byte

The OP is either a liar or a victim of his own subjective bias:

BULLOCH COUNTY, GA -

The Bulloch Co. School District is fighting back after they say a false news report was filed by a Fox News Radio commentator about Brooklet Elementary confiscating Christmas cards. The article alleges the teachers' cards were removed by administrators as an act of censorship as the Bulloch County Board of Education is having ongoing conversations about religious expression in schools.

The Principal of Brooklet, Marlin Baker, said that is not the case. Baker said it's a faculty tradition to hang staff Christmas cards up on a poster. Usually the poster hangs out in the hallway for students to see but Baker said one of the teachers had a privacy issue so the poster was moved into the faculty work room. School staff said when the poster was moved on Monday that it didn't even have any Christmas cards on it.

Moved Xmas Card Poster at Brooklet Elem. Causes Headaches - WSAV: News, Weather, and Sports for Savannah, GA

The OP should consider researching first before posting, particularly with regard to rightwing blogs and websites.

The OP is either a liar or a victim of his own subjective bias:

BULLOCH COUNTY, GA -

The Bulloch Co. School District is fighting back after they say a false news report was filed by a Fox News Radio commentator about Brooklet Elementary confiscating Christmas cards. The article alleges the teachers' cards were removed by administrators as an act of censorship as the Bulloch County Board of Education is having ongoing conversations about religious expression in schools.

The Principal of Brooklet, Marlin Baker, said that is not the case. Baker said it's a faculty tradition to hang staff Christmas cards up on a poster. Usually the poster hangs out in the hallway for students to see but Baker said one of the teachers had a privacy issue so the poster was moved into the faculty work room. School staff said when the poster was moved on Monday that it didn't even have any Christmas cards on it.

Moved Xmas Card Poster at Brooklet Elem. Causes Headaches - WSAV: News, Weather, and Sports for Savannah, GA

The OP should consider researching first before posting, particularly with regard to rightwing blogs and websites.

This coming from one that believes anything on a far left blog site.

Forum List

Back