George W Bush built stockpile for pandemic, warned of not keeping it stocked.

Nostra

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2019
And what did Barry Hussein do? He depleted it during his reign and did nothing to build it back up.

Amid coronavirus, George W. Bush's 2005 pandemic warning resurfaces, may underscore slip-ups by successors

Newly resurfaced footage of then-President George W. Bush urgently warning of the risks posed by pandemics in 2005 -- "If we wait for a pandemic to appear, it will be too late to prepare," Bush said at the National Institutes of Health -- has drawn belated praise from his detractors, and raised new questions as to the state of the federal government's disaster preparedness since his administration.

In particular, a USA Today fact-check recently confirmed that the Obama administration had allowed the N95 mask stockpile to deplete following a series of crises, and apparently ignored calls for experts to renew the stockpile. President Trump repeatedly has blamed his predecessor for the shortage as well, although he also apparently took no efforts to replenish the materials.

Former top Bush adviser Karl Rove told Fox News on Sunday that, while Bush implemented a pandemic plan, it wasn't properly maintained.

"The thing that gets me is, the national stockpile was built, and this was one of the issues... we had to make certain we had enough material in that stockpile, and there are a couple of issues here," Rove said. "One is this equipment -- there's a different durability to each item in the stockpile. If you've got yourself a ventilator, it's got a long life -- now it may be made obsolete by changes in technology, but it's got a relatively long shelf life."

NEW YORK REPORTS FIRST DROP IN CORONAVIRUS DEATHS

He added: "But, masks do have a shelf life. You can't make a mask and have it have the same impact in 10 years that it might have in two years. So, this means budgetary questions, because you're gonna have to replenish parts of the stockpile periodically.

"What amazed me was the fact that -- I think it was 2014, when they used so many N95 masks out of the stockpile and they were not replenished," Rove continued. "I think the same thing happened with some of the stockpile of ventilators. This is the kind of thing that once you're committed to it, you hope that the only reasons you change the commitment to it is because there's a change in technology, not a change in finances."

This Week

@ThisWeekABC

https://twitter.com/ThisWeekABC/status/1246822551927558149

“If we wait for a pandemic to appear, it will be too late to prepare," President George W. Bush warned in 2005.

The strategies the U.S. is implementing now to fight COVID-19 came out of work done by the Bush administration, Tom Bossert says. http://abcn.ws/2xNzvZe

Embedded video

10:30 AM - Apr 5, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

848 people are talking about this

At the same time, Rove also asserted that it was something of an overstatement to say, as ABC News reported, that the former president was "obsessed" with pandemics. But, Rove said, it was true that Bush had read John M. Barry's "The Great Influenza" on the 1918 flu pandemic, and undertook comprehensive action.

"I think the word 'obsessed' is a little bit too much," Rove told Fox News, calling the ABC News piece somewhat "overdrawn" in its language.

"Bush is the one who says, 'OK we've got to have a goal, let's work towards the goal,'" Rove said. "And, Bush prodded to move people along in that way, but 'obsessed' is not a word I'd use for Bush. He's just focused."

Trump had three years to fill them back up if he thought it was important. That sorry sack of shit does nothing but pass the buck. I can’t wait to awake to news that they found him like they found Elvis.

And Trump had 3 years to build it up. What did he do besides blame Obama?
Defended himself from BS accusations for those years..........A BS Impeachment.......Mueller probe that didn't find shit..........attacked daily by the DNC Media..........More Nationwide Injunctions than any other President from Mickey Mouse Liberal courts.

That kind of stuff..........and as this started the Mickey Mouse Club was in Impeachment and arguing over NEW WITNESSES.....because they couldn't even do their job in the House...........

That kind of stuff.

Obama had 8 years, and it was depleted on his watch. Your TDS is terminal.
It was deplegend in 2014. Try not to let your ODS overuse your brain.

What has Donnie done in 3 years?
2009 during H1N1, and 2014.
According to your article it was depleted in 2014.

What amazed me was the fact that -- I think it was 2014, when they used so many N95 masks out of the stockpile and they were not replenished," Rove continued. "I think the same thing happened with some of the stockpile of ventilators. This is the kind of thing that once you're committed to it, you hope that the only reasons you change the commitment to it is because there's a change in technology, not a change in finances."

Now what has Donnie done.

What amazed me was the fact that -- I think it was 2014, when they used so many N95 masks out of the stockpile and they were not replenished," Rove continued. "I think the same thing happened with some of the stockpile of ventilators. This is the kind of thing that once you're committed to it, you hope that the only reasons you change the commitment to it is because there's a change in technology, not a change in finances."

Who's watch were they depleted on.................pawn to knights 4

Barry used them up and then kicked the can down the road. Deal with it, loser.

It was depleted in 2014. Try not to let your ODS overule your brain.

It's more relevant to ask what the Democrats have been doing for three years other than harass Trump?

Trump had three years to fill them back up if he thought it was important. That sorry sack of shit does nothing but pass the buck. I can’t wait to awake to news that they found him like they found Elvis.

Well, in fairness, he was sort of occupied by "Russia, Russia, Russia/Mueller Time", then Kavanugh Hearings and an Impeachment.

Defended himself from BS accusations for those years..........A BS Impeachment.......Mueller probe that didn't find shit..........attacked daily by the DNC Media..........More Nationwide Injunctions than any other President from Mickey Mouse Liberal courts.

That kind of stuff..........and as this started the Mickey Mouse Club was in Impeachment and arguing over NEW WITNESSES.....because they couldn't even do their job in the House...........

That kind of stuff.

The Clinton Administration had the same, including impeachment.

Yet they managed to do their jobs.

All we here from you is excuses for whyTrump can’t seem to do his job. Do you ever run out of them?

Well, in fairness, he was sort of occupied by "Russia, Russia, Russia/Mueller Time", then Kavanugh Hearings and an Impeachment.

The Obama Administration faced similar hurdles, endless investigations and impediments.

George W. Bush had 911.

Clinton too faced endless partisan investigations and impeachment.

In all cases, the presidents continued to do their jobs and never once used it as an excuse for not doing it.

Is Trump extra delicate?

It was depleted in 2014. Try not to let your ODS overule your brain.

It's more relevant to ask what the Democrats have been doing for three years other than harass Trump?
They are not in charge of this. Trump is. Deflection noted.

That kind of stuff.

The Clinton Administration had the same, including impeachment.

Yet they managed to do their jobs.

All we here from you is excuses for whyTrump can’t seem to do his job. Do you ever run out of them?
Not the same and you know it.............What was Obama's excuse then given the same guidelines...

In the same way.......the HHS of New York said they needed another 16,000 ventilators........did they do it......................For that matter did any State do it.........NAME ONE...........

Face it..............NOBODY wants to do it until you are already up shit creak without a paddle..........and as people get stuck in the shit.........everyone points at who did it...............

The whole world has this same problem.

So Trump of course replenished them during his three years right?

The Obama Administration faced similar hurdles, endless investigations and impediments.

George W. Bush had 911.

Clinton too faced endless partisan investigations and impeachment.

In all cases, the presidents continued to do their jobs and never once used it as an excuse for not doing it.

Is Trump extra delicate?
How did Obama do his job? He used them up, and did nothing to replace them. Just another Barry Hussein fuck up and failure.

Your spin isn't working.

So Trump of course replenished them during his three years right?
Did Obama do it or even advise it after using them up..............hmmmm

Forum List

Back