George Clooney says the feds should bailout Hollywood and related industries

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
“The movie industry is going to continue to carry on. Has it created some different viewing habits? A little bit. But you know the film industry survives these things; it always does. And part of it is because we need a collective experience and it’s still a great date night.”

“Dinner and a movie is still pretty great. And kids still like to get in the dark with whoever they’re seeing. They want to get away from their parents. So young people are still going to go to the movies.”

Clooney then called for a bailout:

“We should be giving federal aid to the theaters. The movie industry, Hollywood, which everybody loves to crap all over, is one of the largest exporters of original product in the United States.” “I would make the argument that they should be subsidizing the theaters and keeping everybody afloat.”

Don't laugh. This just may happen if the Republicans don't keep the Senate. Hollywood is currently the largest brainwashing industry next to social media, so they need to protect it the best they can. It's crap like this in the stimulus package that the Republicans refuse to fund, and why it's been held up for months now. Democrats always want to take care of their own.

Many a Democrats complain when money went to industry and corporations to keep them afloat. They tell us these corporations don't need federal money because they are all sitting on a pile of it. But wait! Isn't the entertainment industry a multi-billion dollar industry? So what do you lefties say about his suggestion? Should your tax dollars go towards bailing out entertainment?

“The movie industry is going to continue to carry on. Has it created some different viewing habits? A little bit. But you know the film industry survives these things; it always does. And part of it is because we need a collective experience and it’s still a great date night.”

“Dinner and a movie is still pretty great. And kids still like to get in the dark with whoever they’re seeing. They want to get away from their parents. So young people are still going to go to the movies.”

Clooney then called for a bailout:

“We should be giving federal aid to the theaters. The movie industry, Hollywood, which everybody loves to crap all over, is one of the largest exporters of original product in the United States.” “I would make the argument that they should be subsidizing the theaters and keeping everybody afloat.”

Don't laugh. This just may happen if the Republicans don't keep the Senate. Hollywood is currently the largest brainwashing industry next to social media, so they need to protect it the best they can. It's crap like this in the stimulus package that the Republicans refuse to fund, and why it's been held up for months now. Democrats always want to take care of their own.

Many a Democrats complain when money went to industry and corporations to keep them afloat. They tell us these corporations don't need federal money because they are all sitting on a pile of it. But wait! Isn't the entertainment industry a multi-billion dollar industry? So what do you lefties say about his suggestion? Should your tax dollars go towards bailing out entertainment?
Hollywood should go fuck themselves. Lord knows they've fucked everything else.

1608251869012.png

Who in hell is that Muslim chick a third of his age he married? Amal Alamuddin? Finally took her husband's family name under Islamic Law after he converted apparently.

You kick in to the little people in the entertainment industry, George. You can afford it.
You do realize that there are people working in Hollywood who aren't wealthy mega stars, right?

But they didn't make enough money to survive for a year or so? If I had any of their money, I'd burn mine. Let those people go out and find a real job.

then let the big guys cut their pay and give it to the little guys,,,

Exactly. I thought those Hollywood types were union people. Let their unions help them out if they need it. God knows they probably paid them enough throughout the decades.
a lot of small business owners frequently go without pay to make sure the workers get paid,,,

Did any of you hear Tom Cruises melt down from yesterday?...what an asshole he must be...
I agreed with him. The lefties in entertainment want to lock you down indefinitely while they break the rules. Fuck them. I hope he fires them.
I understand what he was advocating but he lost it...he sounded like me on this board....lol

You kick in to the little people in the entertainment industry, George. You can afford it.
You do realize that there are people working in Hollywood who aren't wealthy mega stars, right?
Who all support the lockdown and small businesses going under. Fuck them. They voted for the commies ruining their economy. Let them go down with the ship.

Forum List

Back