George Clooney says the feds should bailout Hollywood and related industries

Where did I say I had a problem with the airline bail outs?

Just because you have no social life...that doesn't mean anyone should (or ever would) follow your life of despair

We shouldn't be using federal money for people's social affairs either. Giving money to the airline industry is vital to keep our country running--movie theaters and movie makers are not. Imagine entertainment suffering along with it's viewers, and one or two major airlines having to close down. Which one is more important?

Where did I say I had a problem with the airline bail outs?

Just because you have no social life...that doesn't mean anyone should (or ever would) follow your life of despair

We shouldn't be using federal money for people's social affairs either. Giving money to the airline industry is vital to keep our country running--movie theaters and movie makers are not. Imagine entertainment suffering along with it's viewers, and one or two major airlines having to close down. Which one is more important?

So you were for the Auto bailout then.

How about when GM ran into trouble in the US? They could have sent money from overseas to help themselves out here, but instead, we used US tax dollars to bail them out.

I guess it just depends on whose President .

No I wasn't because other automobile companies were doing fine. Ford had a great year during the bailouts. If we didn't bail them out, they would have had to go to bankruptcy court. The judge would have ordered a restructuring plan, and the company could have come back better than ever.

Yep, that much we can agree on.

No I wasn't because other automobile companies were doing fine. Ford had a great year during the bailouts. If we didn't bail them out, they would have had to go to bankruptcy court. The judge would have ordered a restructuring plan, and the company could have come back better than ever.

Yep, that much we can agree on.

Yeah...okay.

You're for bailing out big business under the blob
You're against bailing out big business under Obama.

Its really that simple. You can't think past your hate.

Yeah...okay.

I'm against bailouts when they are not necessary. Our airlines conduct over 5,600 passenger flights every single day. I don't really care about the airlines because I haven't flown in many years, but I realize the value they have to our country.

The employees make every company what they are despite what management and cross do. Rather, in spite of. Everything depends on the little guy. Every last thing.

Yeah...okay.

I'm against bailouts when they are not necessary. Our airlines conduct over 5,600 passenger flights every single day. I don't really care about the airlines because I haven't flown in many years, but I realize the value they have to our country.

Yeah...okay. You're against them...until you're for them.

“The movie industry is going to continue to carry on. Has it created some different viewing habits? A little bit. But you know the film industry survives these things; it always does. And part of it is because we need a collective experience and it’s still a great date night.”

“Dinner and a movie is still pretty great. And kids still like to get in the dark with whoever they’re seeing. They want to get away from their parents. So young people are still going to go to the movies.”

Clooney then called for a bailout:

“We should be giving federal aid to the theaters. The movie industry, Hollywood, which everybody loves to crap all over, is one of the largest exporters of original product in the United States.” “I would make the argument that they should be subsidizing the theaters and keeping everybody afloat.”

Don't laugh. This just may happen if the Republicans don't keep the Senate. Hollywood is currently the largest brainwashing industry next to social media, so they need to protect it the best they can. It's crap like this in the stimulus package that the Republicans refuse to fund, and why it's been held up for months now. Democrats always want to take care of their own.

Many a Democrats complain when money went to industry and corporations to keep them afloat. They tell us these corporations don't need federal money because they are all sitting on a pile of it. But wait! Isn't the entertainment industry a multi-billion dollar industry? So what do you lefties say about his suggestion? Should your tax dollars go towards bailing out entertainment?
Hollywood gets NOT ONE COCKSUCKING DIME!!!!

Death first!!!

“The movie industry is going to continue to carry on. Has it created some different viewing habits? A little bit. But you know the film industry survives these things; it always does. And part of it is because we need a collective experience and it’s still a great date night.”

“Dinner and a movie is still pretty great. And kids still like to get in the dark with whoever they’re seeing. They want to get away from their parents. So young people are still going to go to the movies.”

“We should be giving federal aid to the theaters. The movie industry, Hollywood, which everybody loves to crap all over, is one of the largest exporters of original product in the United States.” “I would make the argument that they should be subsidizing the theaters and keeping everybody afloat.”

Don't laugh. This just may happen if the Republicans don't keep the Senate. Hollywood is currently the largest brainwashing industry next to social media, so they need to protect it the best they can. It's crap like this in the stimulus package that the Republicans refuse to fund, and why it's been held up for months now. Democrats always want to take care of their own.

Many a Democrats complain when money went to industry and corporations to keep them afloat. They tell us these corporations don't need federal money because they are all sitting on a pile of it. But wait! Isn't the entertainment industry a multi-billion dollar industry? So what do you lefties say about his suggestion? Should your tax dollars go towards bailing out entertainment?

Death first!!!

As I stated in the OP, that just might happen if we don't keep the Senate to stop such funding. One of the items in the stimulus package that Piglosi included was funding for the Kennedy Center. Of course Republicans didn't go for it, but think what might have happened if it was a Democrat led Senate. Of course that part of the bill would have passed.

Death first!!!

As I stated in the OP, that just might happen if we don't keep the Senate to stop such funding. One of the items in the stimulus package that Piglosi included was funding for the Kennedy Center. Of course Republicans didn't go for it, but think what might have happened if it was a Democrat led Senate. Of course that part of the bill would have passed.
The Kennedy Center did get $25 million -- then laid off their orchestra musicians.

The union rightly threw a fit, of course, and they settled with the musicians. Senate Republicans introduced a bill to force the Center to repay the $25M if they stopped paying the players.

Death first!!!

The Kennedy Center did get $25 million -- then laid off their orchestra musicians.

The union rightly threw a fit, of course, and they settled with the musicians. Senate Republicans introduced a bill to force the Center to repay the $25M if they stopped paying the players.

Didn't know about that. The funding for the Kennedy Center was in this bill that the Republicans refused to go with.

Hollywood doesn't need a bailout, it just needs to make a quality product.

Forum List

Back