General Motors Plans To Exclusively Offer Electric Vehicles By 2035

Their bankruptcy is coming.

Global warming is model based tripe.

Says the dinosaur, shrieking and wailing in the tar pit as life continues to pass them by.

By 2035, battery full charge times will be 15 minutes, or less. Most people can grab a coffee while their battery tops off. This is, indeed, the future.

People won't accept them fully until it takes the SAME amount of time as it takes to fill a gas tank, 5 minutes or less. They also won't accept them in colder climates where heating requirements probably halve the effective ranges of the vehicles.

You'll be surprised, if you live long enough to see it. You won't change, but transportation will, whether you like it or not.

A few years ago i read an article that stated the average cost of just the safety mandates on new cars is over Five thousand Dollars per vehicle. And they keep slowly adding more and more to them.

When the worthless Negro gave taxpayer's funds to the failing GM in order to pay back the filthy UAW with their bloated wages, benefits and pensions he was able to put his own Left Wing shitheads on the Board of Directors of GM.

That is why they are so fucked up now and are making bad business decisions. Going to all electric vehicles is a terrible business decision.

The only way the electric vehicles will be viable as a business product is if the stupid Environmental Wack Democrats at the Federal, State and Local level buys the stupid things as government fleet vehicles. Of course they will be screwing taxpayers but that is what Democrats always do.

This is very good news.

Infrastructure needs to be built to expand charging stations around the nation and I hope that happens.

Other auto makers are following GM's example and converting to 100% electric cars.

This is a good step in the right direction to combat climate change and the pollution that is killing our planet.

How will the power be generated to charge all of these veicles?

Not just to charge the cars but also to manufacture them as well...

This is very good news.

Infrastructure needs to be built to expand charging stations around the nation and I hope that happens.

Other auto makers are following GM's example and converting to 100% electric cars.

This is a good step in the right direction to combat climate change and the pollution that is killing our planet.

Do you goofballs even know how to drive, I mean that would actually mean going through the excruciating torture of having an ID.

This is very good news.

How will the power be generated to charge all of these veicles?

Not just to charge the cars but also to manufacture them as well...

Great point

If we produced no emissions at all the global pollution level would not move at all. This is simple virtue signalling.

This is very good news.

Can you see past the end of your nose? CA can't keep the power on to cool their homes in the summer. Where in hell do you propose to find the electricity to charge those cars. Solar? Wind? Fat chance--solar panels have a limited life and they cannot be recycled--where are you going to put them. Same with the vanes on wind turbines. Also, what happens when you want to go 200 miles in your car in one day? Most electric vehicles have a range of about 100-200 miles presently. It is short sighted to think you are going to replace 300M vehicles with electric in that span of time. Good luck.

This is very good news.

Do you goofballs even know how to drive, I mean that would actually mean going through the excruciating torture of having an ID.
That's racist.

An ev that cost more than your house is not gonna be popular and the damned internal combustion autos being as much as a house will not be popular either.

I remember how expensive VCR's were when they came out........CD players........Digital TV's. Etc.

That said, I doubt they accomplish this by 2035. We have come nowhere close to addressing the issues millions face with owning an electric car. Like those who live in apt buildings.
Is the car going to need to fit into the apartment?

No, but there is going to have to be charging stations all around the apartment building.
My suggestion is they put solar panels on the roof of the car to recharge constantly.

They add weight and drag considerably.

Says the dinosaur, shrieking and wailing in the tar pit as life continues to pass them by.

By 2035, battery full charge times will be 15 minutes, or less. Most people can grab a coffee while their battery tops off. This is, indeed, the future.

You start with insults while making no counterpoint at all. :cuckoo:

You are running on delusional dreams since the world isn't going to change that fast, oh I expect EV to stay around as a choice but it will take a long time to really replace Gas cars.

There will have to be a big increase in power production, you finally going to stop fighting Nuclear energy production?

Exclusively offer electric vehicles in 14 years? Is G.M. signing it's own death warrant or is it a scam to get idealistic warmers to buy their fossil fuel burning vehicles today?

Exclusively offer electric vehicles in 14 years? Is G.M. signing it's own death warrant or is it a scam to get idealistic warmers to buy their fossil fuel burning vehicles today?
GM already signed their death warrant, IMO, when they partnered with a Chinese company. Now they are just Government Motors of China--built on US taxpayer bailout money.

You are running on delusional dreams since the world isn't going to change that fast, oh I expect EV to stay around as a choice but it will take a long time to really replace Gas cars.

There will have to be a big increase in power production, you finally going to stop fighting Nuclear energy production?

No one is "fighting" nuclear energy. No one wants one in their backyard and no one wants to put up the money to build one.

No one is "fighting" nuclear energy. No one wants one in their backyard and no one wants to put up the money to build one.

Ha ha ha, then you are living in the basement, since there are many examples abound that shows opposition to NE.

List of anti–nuclear power groups

I live right next to Hanford Washington, Columbia Generation station #2

It was there when in August 1979, Dr. Lapp destroyed Ralph Nader in debate over NE.

To all you trump people and conservatives:

Nothing alive on this planet can live without the following two things:

1. Water
2. Air

I drove across to Illinois then down to Texas then over to California then north home.

Along the way I went over dry creek and river bed over and over and over through all of the states. A couple of them did have some water but not much.

Climate change has caused a drought across a lot of America.

For example, in the following photos, all the gray areas in the photos should be under water. There should be huge raging rivers in those photos but they are now reduced to a trickle. One of them I can actually step over. Those rivers used to provide water to thousands of homes and farms. Now, they don't.

AG#557.jpg
AG#560.jpg
Nisqualy#0557.jpg

When I drove through Oklahoma and Texas, the air was so polluted, it gave me a sinus infection. The people who live in those areas don't even realize what they're living in.

Trees and plants make the air we breathe. I don't know about the rest of you but I became addicted and totally dependent on air to stay alive when I took my first breath of air after I was born.

If the trees and plants don't have enough water to stay alive, we don't have the only thing that makes air for us to breathe and remain alive.

All you climate change deniers can deny it until you die. It won't change the true and honest fact that it exists and is here now. It has been here for a long time and it's time we started doing something about it. You climate change deniers have had your way for too long and have caused way too much damage that is going to take a long time and a lot of money to address. The thing is if we had addressed it back in the 20th century we would have succeeded by now and it wouldn't have cost as much.

GM isn't the only car company that is going to make only electric cars. Volvo is another one. I know there are more but can't think of them right now.

California is the largest car market in America. They will only allow electric cars to be sold I think by 2030 so the car makers are making cars for the largest car market in America. California. I know my state will probably follow California in only allowing electric cars to be sold. It's only a matter of time before the rest of the states do the same.

You can keep your gas guzzling pollution spewing vehicles but you won't be able to buy a new one. Only a used one.

You can either join the rest of the nation or be left behind.

Again.

An ev that cost more than your house is not gonna be popular and the damned internal combustion autos being as much as a house will not be popular either.

I remember how expensive VCR's were when they came out........CD players........Digital TV's. Etc.

That said, I doubt they accomplish this by 2035. We have come nowhere close to addressing the issues millions face with owning an electric car. Like those who live in apt buildings.
Is the car going to need to fit into the apartment?

I think pknopp is talking about recharging. Would need a very long extension cord.

Or more likely there will be recharging stations to recharge either in the parking lot of the apartment or not far from there.

Stupid idea. Won't happen. As woke as GM might think they are, they still have to answer to their stock holders.

Yup and from what I've read these electric cars are expensive as hell. Who can afford to buy one??
They are all high, higher than my first house(39k) I bought in 1986.

Not all of them.

The Nissan Leaf costs less than your first house.

The Tesla Model 3 costs less than your first house.
Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 8.37.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 8.39.39 PM.png

By the way, this isn't 1986 and most livable houses cost many times more than 39 thousand dollars.

Forum List

Back