Rivian Set to Roll Out New Vehicles in June

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
I know a few people who work here, one of them was a coworker of mine for over 10 years. He told me he'd get me a job there if I wanted it, but it would be a pay cut for me. Plus I'm retiring soon.

Mitsubishi made cars here for around thirty years, but sales weren't enough to keep the plant open, and it closed around 5 years ago, but now it's back.

Nestled among the cornfields of Normal, Illinois, a long-fallow stretch of land is preparing for a bumper crop this summer.

Rivian, the startup electric vehicle maker whose inaugural truck, SUV and Amazon delivery van have captured the auto world’s attention — and billions of dollars in investor seed money — is launching production in June from a converted Mitsubishi factory, and gearing up fast.

Powering through a pandemic, the first production vehicle — a $75,000 launch version of Rivian’s electric truck — will roll off the line more than a half-year behind schedule. It will be the first vehicle to be built on the site since the Mitsubishi plant closed six years ago.

“Starting a company is one thing, starting a plant is another big thing and then launching products,” said Erik Fields, 42, vice president of manufacturing at Rivian. “When you take it to the magnitude of what we’re doing here, it’s never been done before in automotive history on this scale.”

I know a few people who work here, one of them was a coworker of mine for over 10 years. He told me he'd get me a job there if I wanted it, but it would be a pay cut for me. Plus I'm retiring soon.

Mitsubishi made cars here for around thirty years, but sales weren't enough to keep the plant open, and it closed around 5 years ago, but now it's back.

Nestled among the cornfields of Normal, Illinois, a long-fallow stretch of land is preparing for a bumper crop this summer.

Rivian, the startup electric vehicle maker whose inaugural truck, SUV and Amazon delivery van have captured the auto world’s attention — and billions of dollars in investor seed money — is launching production in June from a converted Mitsubishi factory, and gearing up fast.

Powering through a pandemic, the first production vehicle — a $75,000 launch version of Rivian’s electric truck — will roll off the line more than a half-year behind schedule. It will be the first vehicle to be built on the site since the Mitsubishi plant closed six years ago.

“Starting a company is one thing, starting a plant is another big thing and then launching products,” said Erik Fields, 42, vice president of manufacturing at Rivian. “When you take it to the magnitude of what we’re doing here, it’s never been done before in automotive history on this scale.”

Electric cars huh?
Are electric vehicles really environmentally friendly? – Energuide
An e-car will be responsible throughout its life for CO2 emission: from manufacture, supply and use, to recycling of the parts. Manufacturing batteries involves the use of a great deal of energy and often creates a lot of pollution.
Furthermore, these car batteries need very specific materials which are often rare. Extracting lithium or cobalt in particular often weighs heavily in environmental and in human terms. Not to mention the huge problem of recycling…
An average of 60 % of the electricity produced in the world comes from coal and gas, i.e. fossil fuels. This means that an electric car produces nearly as much CO2 per kilometer as a petrol or diesel vehicle.
Today i watch the Austrian Open Golf Tournament, everyone there was wearing heavy coats or many layers of clothes. When the golfers werent striking the ball, they had mittens on. The lie from the progressives that Europe is burning up, is just that "THE BIG LIE".

Alejandro Cañizares conquers the cold in Austria | 2021 Austrian Open

Electric cars huh?
An e-car will be responsible throughout its life for CO2 emission: from manufacture, supply and use, to recycling of the parts. Manufacturing batteries involves the use of a great deal of energy and often creates a lot of pollution.
Furthermore, these car batteries need very specific materials which are often rare. Extracting lithium or cobalt in particular often weighs heavily in environmental and in human terms. Not to mention the huge problem of recycling…
An average of 60 % of the electricity produced in the world comes from coal and gas, i.e. fossil fuels. This means that an electric car produces nearly as much CO2 per kilometer as a petrol or diesel vehicle.
Today i watch the Austrian Open Golf Tournament, everyone there was wearing heavy coats or many layers of clothes. When the golfers werent striking the ball, they had mittens on. The lie from the progressives that Europe is burning up, is just that "THE BIG LIE".

If you knew anything about climate change, you'd know why the polar vortex wobbles south now during the winter.

But you don't, because you're stoopid.

$75,000?

Nope.

Electric cars huh?

If you knew anything about climate change, you'd know why the polar vortex wobbles south now during the winter.

These idiots can't wrap their tiny little minds around a concept like warmer atmosphere causing a cold spell. Hell, they can't even understand the simplest concepts, like cause and effect.

Electric cars huh?

These idiots can't wrap their tiny little minds around a concept like warmer atmosphere causing a cold spell. Hell, they can't even understand the simplest concepts, like cause and effect.

Exactly. And I agree, 75K is just too damn much, but that is one of the most awesome all wheel drive trucks I've ever seen.

Forum List

Back