Gears of War

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Reaction score
HOLY $#!* this game rocks! I just picked it up last night...wow this game is fun. I played the 1 player campaign for a while, then tried on-line. I love the 4vs4 online with headsets. I sucked real bad at it but I still had a blast. The chainsaw bayonet is such an awesome idea lol. The game is very 'duck-and-cover' oriented, so its somewhat like Rainbow Six but with just a little bit more leeway to have fun. The other great thing is how they did health. There isn't a lifebar meter per se, if you get shot up a red cog shows up in the middle of the screen. If you just take some cover and wait a few seconds it will fade away and you are fully recovered. If you're shot down you don't die(unless its a sniper head shot or grenade blast), you become incapacititated, and a teammate can revive you fairly quickly.
Anyone else here a COG? :cool:

Greg Bernhardt

www.physics*****s.com
Reaction score
sweet! I've been keeping track of it for a long time and was even thinking of picking up 360 just for the game!

CSM

Reaction score
HOLY $#!* this game rocks! I just picked it up last night...wow this game is fun. I played the 1 player campaign for a while, then tried on-line. I love the 4vs4 online with headsets. I sucked real bad at it but I still had a blast. The chainsaw bayonet is such an awesome idea lol. The game is very 'duck-and-cover' oriented, so its somewhat like Rainbow Six but with just a little bit more leeway to have fun. The other great thing is how they did health. There isn't a lifebar meter per se, if you get shot up a red cog shows up in the middle of the screen. If you just take some cover and wait a few seconds it will fade away and you are fully recovered. If you're shot down you don't die(unless its a sniper head shot or grenade blast), you become incapacititated, and a teammate can revive you fairly quickly.
Anyone else here a COG? :cool:
I am going to check this one out....I love Call of Duty but am told this is far better.

OP
theHawk

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Reaction score
sweet! I've been keeping track of it for a long time and was even thinking of picking up 360 just for the game!
I just bought my xbox a few weeks ago. This game is definately what I would call a 'next generation' game. The high definition grafix, the sounds are so awesome too.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List