Gays Fighting Against HIV Disclosure Laws

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
CDC - HIV-Specific Criminal Laws -State Laws - HIV and the Law - Policies and Programs - HIV AIDS

Justifiably so there are many state laws the prohibit anyone from knowingly giving someone HIV without disclosing to them they have HIV and getting their consent. This law makes sense and since gays are more at risk of HIV infections, it makes more a sense to them.

Nevertheless, there is a strong lobby of gays trying to get these laws tossed out. Why would gays be against this? Makes not sense, but then again liberalism makes no sense.

I think it should be a federal law.

CDC - HIV-Specific Criminal Laws -State Laws - HIV and the Law - Policies and Programs - HIV AIDS

Justifiably so there are many state laws the prohibit anyone from knowingly giving someone HIV without disclosing to them they have HIV and getting their consent. This law makes sense and since gays are more at risk of HIV infections, it makes more a sense to them.

Nevertheless, there is a strong lobby of gays trying to get these laws tossed out. Why would gays be against this? Makes not sense, but then again liberalism makes no sense.

Which gays are against such laws?

I have no problem with this. It's a self correcting problem. Don't want AIDS? Don't fuck around.

41188673.jpg

Since when are privacy issues some sort of 'liberal' cause? Gun rights nuts throw a fit over gun registrations or gun licenses being in the public record.

I actually am sympathetic on this one. The whole case comes down to "did you disclose your status" and the resulting answers are he said, he said. How do you know? In any case why is it the government's business? If you dont know someone well enough to know whether they have HIV you probably shouldnt be fucking them anyway.

I actually am sympathetic on this one. The whole case comes down to "did you disclose your status" and the resulting answers are he said, he said. How do you know? In any case why is it the government's business? If you dont know someone well enough to know whether they have HIV you probably shouldnt be fucking them anyway.

Rare I agree with you- but this is one of the cases- especially your last sentence.

Forum List

Back