Gay/Transgender Identity Not Innate

They do if the laws are unconstitutional, or at a minimum unnecessary.

Ignoring laws you think are unjust seemed to be OK for MLK, but you don't like religious people, so you think they can get fucked all day, and you will be there waving and clapping like the good little fascist you are.

Yes, clearly being made to bake a cake when you advertised cakes for sale and you will receive money for doing so is JUST LIKE being lynched and denied basic civil rights.

Anyone can clearly see that.

Aggrieved White Christian Assholes are always fun to watch. You would freak out if you ever suffered real adversity.

They do if the laws are unconstitutional, or at a minimum unnecessary.

Ignoring laws you think are unjust seemed to be OK for MLK, but you don't like religious people, so you think they can get fucked all day, and you will be there waving and clapping like the good little fascist you are.

Yes, clearly being made to bake a cake when you advertised cakes for sale and you will receive money for doing so is JUST LIKE being lynched and denied basic civil rights.

Anyone can clearly see that.

Aggrieved White Christian Assholes are always fun to watch. You would freak out if you ever suffered real adversity.

Being told to go to another bakery isn't exactly being lynched either. The difference is you don't like religious people, so fuck em.

And what adversity have you suffered, twat-waddle?

Being told to go to another bakery isn't exactly being lynched either. The difference is you don't like religious people, so fuck em.

Let's see now. Both of my parents dying when I was in my teens kind of sucked. But I'm not the one claiming to be oppressed when I'm asked to do my job.

They didn't tell them to go to another bakery. Mr. Wifebeater screamed a shitload of homophobic stuff a them.

Let's see now. Both of my parents dying when I was in my teens kind of sucked. But I'm not the one claiming to be oppressed when I'm asked to do my job.

They didn't tell them to go to another bakery. Mr. Wifebeater screamed a shitload of homophobic stuff a them.

You still haven't proven your last statement.

And boo hoo, we all go through tough things in life.

I like boobies. There isn't much deciding involved in that.

But clearly it was, because you homophobes all claim a choice is involved...

Who knows. maybe homosexual orientation results from several things. The "one size fits all" explanation sought by most progressives and federal power junkies isn't reality in every single situation.
Wrong.

Progressives seek only to defend the rights of gay Americans and those transgender from you and other conservatives who advocate disadvantaging them through force of law for no other reason than who they are.

A new study challenges the notion that people can't help how they feel.

Science doesn't show that gay and transgender people are "born that way," two prominent researchers have concluded in a report released Monday that is likely to churn up controversy.

The 144-page report, published in the quarterly journal the New Atlantis, seeks to overturn prevailing notions that sexual orientation is innate and that a person's gender identity can be different than a person's biological sex.
more here
Prominent psychiatrist: Gay, transgender identity isn't innate
I see that you started this thread a few days ago and have not stuck around to defend it after getting a fair amount of well deserved blowback on it.

I find that most if not all of those who push the largely debunked idea that homosexuality and transsexuality is a choice have-shall we say nefarious motives. Specifically insisting that they are choices give license to those who would paint the people as engaging in a frivolous and narcissistic activity so as to justify not taking them seriously, and to discriminate against them.

One of the authors of this study-which you do not actually post a link to- is no exception: Paul McHugh. I didn't bother to look up the other one as I'm sure that I would find more of the same.

In any case , I have to wonder what your motive is in posting this trash.

Science doesn't show that gay and transgender people are "born that way," two prominent researchers have concluded in a report released Monday that is likely to churn up controversy.

The 144-page report, published in the quarterly journal the New Atlantis, seeks to overturn prevailing notions that sexual orientation is innate and that a person's gender identity can be different than a person's biological sex.
more here
I see that you started this thread a few days ago and have not stuck around to defend it after getting a fair amount of well deserved blowback on it.

I find that most if not all of those who push the largely debunked idea that homosexuality and transsexuality is a choice have-shall we say nefarious motives. Specifically insisting that they are choices give license to those who would paint the people as engaging in a frivolous and narcissistic activity so as to justify not taking them seriously, and to discriminate against them.

One of the authors of this study-which you do not actually post a link to- is no exception: Paul McHugh. I didn't bother to look up the other one as I'm sure that I would find more of the same.

It's a study that differs from other studies. I thought some people might be interested. I didn't hang around to "defend" it because there is no reason to defend it. I simply shared the information. You might not believe this, Progessive, but not everybody has a nefarious motive when they post something you don't find of value.

Last edited:

more here

It's a study that differs from other studies. I thought some people might be interested. I didn't hang around to "defend" it because there is no reason to defend it. I simply shared the information. You might not believe this, Progessive, but not everybody has a nefarious motive when they post something you don't find of value.

OK, so you just thought you would share this pearl of wisdom-by people who themselves have questionable motives- for no particular reason and with no accompanying commentary? Can you understand why your motives might be suspect.? What are your views on this " choice " issue and where do you stand on LGBT rights? You should not expect anyone to believe that you do not have an opinion on the subject after you posted this "study" Obviously you had a reason to do so.

Last edited:

more here

OK, so you just thought you would share this pearl of wisdom-by people who themselves have questionable motives- for no particular reason and with no accompanying commentary? Can you understand why your motives might be suspect.? What are your views on this " choice " issue and where do you stand on LGBT rights? You should not expect anyone to believe that you do not have an opinion on the subject after you posted this "study" Obviously you had a reason to do so.
You know what? The way you are ragging on me right now is why I didn't continue to participate in my own thread.

As I said, I thought the study was interesting. I don't know if I believe it, or if I fully understand it. It is something intriguing to think about. Can we choose how we feel? Yes I think we can- sometimes. We can choose not to get impatient for instance- but that takes practice. Can we choose other feelings? Does that include choosing who we are sexually attracted to? Maybe. What about people who get married, have a family then ten years later leave their spouse for a same sex lover? Did they choose to change their mind about their feelings ?

On the other hand, if our sexual attraction is innate, why would same sex attraction even occur? That doesn't make sense from an instinctual/ species survival point of view. Still, that alone doesn't explain it away what with humans using sex for reasons other than procreation. But then, that sounds like choice.

This topic could have been an exercise in logic and an interesting discussion. But as so often happens here, people get prickly instead of insightful. That's gotten old, so I didn't bother to discuss my own post because right away someone got in my face and demanded I explain MY sexuality. Discussing ideas without making it about the OP personally evidently is a foreign concept to some people. So I baled. I'm sick of the petty criticisms- like what you are doing.

Regarding motives- I don't care what your motives are and don't give a damn if you think my motives are suspect.

Last edited:

more here

You know what? The way you are ragging on me right now is why I didn't continue to participate in my own thread.

As I said, I thought the study was interesting. I don't know if I believe it, or if I fully understand it. It is something intriguing to think about. Can we choose how we feel? Yes I think we can- sometimes. We can choose not to get impatient for instance- but that takes practice. Can we choose other feelings? Does that include choosing who we are sexually attracted to? Maybe. What about people who get married, have a family then ten years later leave their spouse for a same sex lover? Did they choose to change their mind about their feelings ?

On the other hand, if our sexual attraction is innate, why would same sex attraction even occur? That doesn't make sense from an instinctual/ species survival point of view. Still, that alone doesn't explain it away what with humans using sex for reasons other than procreation. But then, that sounds like choice.

This topic could have been an exercise in logic and an interesting discussion. But as so often happens here, people get prickly instead of insightful. That's gotten old, so I didn't bother to discuss my own post because right away someone got in my face and demanded I explain MY sexuality. Discussing ideas without making it about the OP personally evidently is a foreign concept to some people. So I baled. I'm sick of the petty criticisms- like what you are doing.

Regarding motives- I don't care what your motives are and don't give a damn if you think my motives are suspect.
Ragging on you? Really? No need to get your back up. I was just trying to draw you out, which to some extent I have. I appears that your thinkin on the subject is rather fuzzy.

You really can't understand why- in this cruel world- a gay person would force themselves to live the straight life for as long as they can maintain that façade ? Google Jim McGreevy- for governor of New Jersey.

more here

Ragging on you? Really? No need to get your back up. I was just trying to draw you out, which to some extent I have. I appears that your thinkin on the subject is rather fuzzy.

You really can't understand why- in this cruel world- a gay person would force themselves to live the straight life for as long as they can maintain that façade ? Google Jim McGreevy- for governor of New Jersey.

No. My thinking isn't fuzzy. I just don't happen to believe that gay people are victims with no control over their own feelings, choices and actions. Google Jim McGreevy? No. You have something to say about Jim McGreevy, say it. I don't take orders from you.

No. My thinking isn't fuzzy. I just don't happen to believe that gay people are victims with no control over their own feelings, choices and actions. Google Jim McGreevy? No. You have something to say about Jim McGreevy, say it. I don't take orders from you.
I said that gay people are victims?? Really? It's apparent that you do not understand -nor do you want to understand -the difference between sexual orientation and lifestyle choices that some people do make, but which does not change who they are.

Why are you so angry??

I said that gay people are victims?? Really? It's apparent that you do not understand -nor do you want to understand -the difference between sexual orientation and lifestyle choices that some people do make, but which does not change who they are.

Why are you so angry??
You toss out generalities such as fuzzy thinking and anger. You offer nothing to support your position. You will waste no more of my time.

Why are you so angry??
You toss out generalities such as fuzzy thinking and anger. You offer nothing to support your position. You will waste no more of my time.
That's right. I offer nothing to support my position that sexual orientation and gender identity is NOT a choice. The reason is that I have been dealing with these issues, and people like you, to know that my efforts to educate you would be in vein. You are invested in your narrow minded viewpoint and committed to ignoring the vast body of evidence that proves you wrong, so I'm not going to bother trying. YOU have wasted enough of MY time already.

But, I will part by thanking you for confirming my theory that those who push the " it's a choice" meme are motivated by bigotry and content to wallow in ignorance.

Transgender: Evidence on the biological nature of gender identity

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/02/150213112317.htm

Medical care of transgender patients, including surgical and hormonal treatment, has largely been met with resistance by physicians in favor of psychiatric treatment, owing to misconceptions that gender identity can be changed. There is increasing evidence of a biological basis for gender identity that may change physicians' perspective on transgender medicine and improve health care for these patients.

Forum List

Back