Gay/Transgender Identity Not Innate

Compost

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2015
A new study challenges the notion that people can't help how they feel.

Science doesn't show that gay and transgender people are "born that way," two prominent researchers have concluded in a report released Monday that is likely to churn up controversy.

The 144-page report, published in the quarterly journal the New Atlantis, seeks to overturn prevailing notions that sexual orientation is innate and that a person's gender identity can be different than a person's biological sex.
more here
Prominent psychiatrist: Gay, transgender identity isn't innate

Even if sexual orientation/identification IS a choice (it isn't), why do you care what other people choose?

So when did you choose to be Straight and Cis-gendered?
Joe. It's a report on a recent study. If you are interested in it, read it.

Does this nonsense ever stop? A psychiatrist knows something the person doesn't know? You'd think by now the bigoted would realize sex is a given. Having a gay brother I've known this for a long time. It is time people grew up and face the complexities of life and allowed others the freedom to be who they are.

know what really causes homosexuality....

Geena Rocero: Why I must come out | TED Talk

Is homosexuality a choice, a mental illness or something simply inherent?
Is homosexuality a choice, a mental illness or something simply inherent?

Even if sexual orientation/identification IS a choice (it isn't), why do you care what other people choose?

It's one researcher. You'll always find that one researcher. You'll always find that one out of five dentists who doesn't recommend sugarless gum for their patients that chew gum.

So I'll ask again. When did you decide to be Straight?

It's one researcher. You'll always find that one researcher. You'll always find that one out of five dentists who doesn't recommend sugarless gum for their patients that chew gum.

So I'll ask again. When did you decide to be Straight?
Yes. It's one researcher. Take it or leave it. This is a thread about one study. The topic is the study, not me.

Yes. It's one researcher. Take it or leave it. This is a thread about one study. The topic is the study, not me.

Well, it should be about you.

If you showed me a study by one researcher, that said the Sky Was Pink, I'd look out the window and say, "Nope, looks blue to me."

If you showed me a study by one researcher saying, "Sexual Orientation is a choice!" I'd look at my own life and say, "nope, there wasn't a day when I was deciding whether I like chicks or dudes."

Obviously, you can't apply this sort of simple reasoning, because you just want a scientific cover to rationalize your irrational dislike for the gays and the trannies.

If you showed me a study by one researcher, that said the Sky Was Pink, I'd look out the window and say, "Nope, looks blue to me."

If you showed me a study by one researcher saying, "Sexual Orientation is a choice!" I'd look at my own life and say, "nope, there wasn't a day when I was deciding whether I like chicks or dudes."

Obviously, you can't apply this sort of simple reasoning, because you just want a scientific cover to rationalize your irrational dislike for the gays and the trannies.
Your trolling bores me.

Someone like you bitching about 'one study" is comical.

I would love to read the report- no link in the article- very little information in the article.

I like boobies. There isn't much deciding involved in that.

But clearly it was, because you homophobes all claim a choice is involved...

Who knows. maybe homosexual orientation results from several things. The "one size fits all" explanation sought by most progressives and federal power junkies isn't reality in every single situation.

Who knows. maybe homosexual orientation results from several things. The "one size fits all" explanation sought by most progressives and federal power junkies isn't reality in every single situation.

guy, you are avoiding the subject.

If gays have no choice in their orientation, then discrimination against it becomes as wrong as racial or gender discrimination, and you know it.

guy, you are avoiding the subject.

If gays have no choice in their orientation, then discrimination against it becomes as wrong as racial or gender discrimination, and you know it.

Only when it comes to government, and necessary services, or maybe point of sale services. I'm sorry, but I know you jerk off to the idea of fucking with religious people over cakes and photographs, but one side does not get carte blanche over the other in every circumstance.

Only when it comes to government, and necessary services, or maybe point of sale services. I'm sorry, but I know you jerk off to the idea of fucking with religious people over cakes and photographs, but one side does not get carte blanche over the other in every circumstance.

Religion is a choice. YOu don't get rights beause you decide to believe in Bronze Age superstitions..

Religion is a choice. YOu don't get rights beause you decide to believe in Bronze Age superstitions..

Actually, you do, that pesky 1st amendment. But you ignore amendments you see fit, and hide behind SC cases decided out of thin air, so I expect this shit from you on a regular basis.

You are a bully, nothing more or less.

Actually, you do, that pesky 1st amendment. But you ignore amendments you see fit, and hide behind SC cases decided out of thin air, so I expect this shit from you on a regular basis.

Sorry, people don't get to ignore laws they don't like because their sky pixie says so.

Otherwise, I'd be starting a cult that sacrifices Conservative Assholes to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, may his Noodly Tendril Bless us.

Sorry, people don't get to ignore laws they don't like because their sky pixie says so.

Otherwise, I'd be starting a cult that sacrifices Conservative Assholes to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, may his Noodly Tendril Bless us.

They do if the laws are unconstitutional, or at a minimum unnecessary.

Ignoring laws you think are unjust seemed to be OK for MLK, but you don't like religious people, so you think they can get fucked all day, and you will be there waving and clapping like the good little fascist you are.

Forum List

Back