Gay Pride Flag vs. Confederate Flag

Yes, diversity... Like the flag that came to represent southern pride and culture to so many people. The left shuts it down because they /CHOSE/ to see it as bad, not because it was bad. The decision was based entirely on /personal/ opinion and belief. That throws open the door to personal opinion and belief that the LGBT flag is offensive as well.

This is what happens.
That it's used by the KKK and Neo-Nazis is reason enough to not use the confederate flag.

So's the American flag, is that one next? Are you willing to let hate groups take over all your symbols like that?

Confederate flag represents a cause of oppression, the rainbow flag represents unity of all....Yeah, no difference in meaning..All you poor saps getting pissed over a flag should put more focus on weed extraction and bug fumigation in yer life..
Rainbow flag represents queers. Ask the baker about unity. Fly it on private land. Not tax payer land.

There is no comparison. One flag celebrates diversity and inclusion. The other is representative of slave states.
The flag is also promoting a school club that promotes diversity. This is a good thing. If I had Gay kids I would be really pleased that the school is looking out for their welfare.

Your wrong.
You disagree because you are unable to get beyond the fact you agree with the flag being there, and flat out do not care about people who are offended by it.
The flag is there for a reason - to promote a school club that promotes diversity.
There is no diversity, it's either you support them or you're a homophobe.

There is no comparison. One flag celebrates diversity and inclusion. The other is representative of slave states.
The flag is also promoting a school club that promotes diversity. This is a good thing. If I had Gay kids I would be really pleased that the school is looking out for their welfare.
One flag represents sodomy. Does it belong in a classroom?

Is there a comparison?
Are the folks in Auburn AL justified in petitioning to have this removed? Thoughts?

Alabama high school petition compares pride flag to Confederate flag

Absolutely. The flag, as claimed by those that put it up, is designed to promote diversity. Bullshit. It's designed to say you better like what we are or else.

If those that claim the Confederate flag, which, btw, there are many, bothers them, therefore, it must be taken down can do so, shouldn't those that are bothered by a flag pushing views which they oppose have the same right to do so? Those supporting the pride flag argue that those that aren't part of one of the groups it represents can't understand what it's like to be what they are since they are neither LGBT or Q. Yet those same pride flag supports believe they can understand what it's like to be something they aren't, straight.

The pride flag stands for "shut the fuck up straight people or else". The claim they support diversity is false. Being diverse means listening to all opinions not just those with which you agree and shutting down those with which disagree.

If you had gay kids, you should be explaining to them how abnormal that is.

1un7sz.jpg

No parent actually wants their child to be gay. No one knows what causes someone to be gay. School is for learning, not promoting a lifestyle parents would never wish for their child. With that in mind, the rainbow flag is offensive and needs to be removed.

In your view.
To a person who has religious beliefs, a flag that represents sin to them flying in their childrens school room would certainly be offensive. And the government has absolutely no business pushing social agendas in the class room.
So in that since, it IS the same thing. They both offend people.

But it's not so much about the confederate flag being offensive but that it was the battle flag of a rebellion against the US. It specific purpose was to replace the flag of an army who's national flag was too close to that of the USA, so that they could better command their militaries to kill US troops. It was a war flag for a rebellion that spent it's entire existence at war with the USA. If the gay community started a war with the USA, I would see the comparison.

I am also ok of not putting religion and state together, or making concessions or changing our country because of your religious beliefs. If you are offended because your Muslim child isn't being educated in the Islamic way in school, tough news buttercup. If your child is offended by a rainbow flag, same thing.

If you want to get rid of the gay flag off federal property because you are offended and need your safe space fine. But that has nothing to do with why I am ok taking down the flags of enemies of the US off federal property. Be it the Nazi flag, North Korean Flag, ISIS flag. If you took up arms against the USA, your flag doesn't get a spot on government property in the USA.

That's just opinion. People can be offended by both

True. And I don't think we need to give people safe spaces whenever they are offended.

What I do believe is that enemies of the USA have no right to have their heroes and flags adorn US Property.

Is there a comparison?
Are the folks in Auburn AL justified in petitioning to have this removed? Thoughts?

One flag advertises hate, and one advertises love. It is really that simple!

Here's another opinion:

The Stars and Bars rejects the promise of America:

"
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness",

and the Gay Pride Flag represents its promise.

"diversity and inclusion." ? You're Joking Right ? The Fag Flag Celebrates a surrender to
1. Sexual Degeneracy
2. Intimidation
3. Mental Illness
4. Disease
5. Brainwashing

Let me ask you pal - are you a faggot or a useful idiot

Is there a comparison?

One flag advertises hate, and one advertises love. It is really that simple!

Here's another opinion:

The Stars and Bars rejects the promise of America:

"
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness",

and the Gay Pride Flag represents its promise.
Re: certain unalienable Rights

Queers have the same rights that sane people have, they DO NOT have the right to bully, intimidate, harass others into submission and acceptance of their degeneracy. They DO NOT have the right to promote their disease among societies young as an 'alternative lifestyle' and they most certainly DO NOT have the right to promote it in public schools

True. And I don't think we need to give people safe spaces whenever they are offended.

What I do believe is that enemies of the USA have no right to have their heroes and flags adorn US Property.
Just thinking out loud here...confeds were part of us, then not, and are now again. So, these states are the US now, and, are part of these states history. It was a different time then, and, we need to realize that and be adults about it. Not overly sensitive cry babies. The American Indians were our enemy at one time too

Last edited:
As for my opinion, I feel the only flag that should be displayed on its own in a school should be the American flag

Forum List

Back