Gas Stove vs Electric Stove

i have never had a problem with gas cars or gas lawnmowers but that does not mean there are no problems with them.
Just like with a gas stove, anything with gasoline, if used by stupid people, will end up hurting themselves. I on the other hand who has a very high intelligence, have not had any issue with NG or Gasoline. Oh by the way, i worked on A-10s, F-15s and F-16s had plenty of gas on those birds..

Binet-Simon_scale.jpg

These days to ensure being able to cook food one needs:

1. Electric Stove
2. Piped natural gas stove
3. Propane camp stove
4. "White gas" pump type camp stove
5. Cast Iron wood or coal fired stove.

And don't forget to stock plenty of coal, white gas, propane and matches.

And for those who feel that's not enough, an exercise bike with a generator and a microwave oven.
Matches are old school...

Just like with a gas stove, anything with gasoline, if used by stupid people, will end up hurting themselves. I on the other hand who has a very high intelligence, have not had any issue with NG or Gasoline. Oh by the way, i worked on A-10s, F-15s and F-16s had plenty of gas on those birds..

View attachment 583199
Let's just agree to disagree.

I think people should get an electric stove when looking for a home. Gas stoves are too dangerous because I have seen too many homes explode because of a gas line leak in the national news. The victims of a gas line explosion have severe burns and it is extremely painful.

Electric stoves are for heating and burning.

Gas stoves are for cooking.

They have their advantages, but go into any fine restaurant, you will find them cooking with gas probably 100 out of 100 times for a reason.
There are a few valid reasons for this in that context. Gas stoves heat quicker and one can char, toast and flambe' with them plus they're more durable, an obvious plus for a business. Their primary cooking drawbacks are low temp cooking. slightly (not much) irregular continuous heating and typically harder to clean.
Nowadays however electric ranges have come a long way, they give more consistent heating with the range top and the oven and they can also come with convection heating which is better in many ways and more economical. The drawbacks are longer to warm up and one can still get burnt a little while after the burner has been turned off. Also they won't work during a power outage without back up power but that's also true with the newer electric starter gas ranges. These new gas ranges do not allow safe match lighting the pilot if the power goes out. So as always it comes down to a matter of personal preference or as a business which is more economical in the long run.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back