Gas prices rise for fourth consecutive week

Why, are oil companies running a charity I'm not aware of?

Was that comment supposed to make sense? If so, it failed.

Yet it makes sense to think oil companies will lower prices because they're able to drill more in the US.

You know those markets are heavily manipulated to keep prices reasonably steady, no?

Do some research on supply and demand and then get back to me. If our nation had a president that was willing to do what it takes to increase domestic supply, invest in refining, and explore alternative sources we would see prices go down. The next thing out of your keyboard will be the dreaded "speculators". Before you go there, be aware that they speculate that Obama is going to keep our supply low so that they can reap great profits.

I seem to recall gas being about $1.80 per gallon when Obama was elected. Just imagine if we had an energy policy that was serious about making certain that we were currently able to meet our needs while exploring sources for our future.
As it is, we're now facing increasing food prices due to the drought and the fact that we burn about 1/3 of our corn crop in our gas tanks. High corn prices will increase the cost of gas further, which will in turn continue to push food prices higher. How is it that our politicians can't see this?

Yeah well we were in the middle of a recession.
Duhhh.
Blame Obama and look stupit.

Was that comment supposed to make sense? If so, it failed.

Yet it makes sense to think oil companies will lower prices because they're able to drill more in the US.

You know those markets are heavily manipulated to keep prices reasonably steady, no?

Do some research on supply and demand and then get back to me. If our nation had a president that was willing to do what it takes to increase domestic supply, invest in refining, and explore alternative sources we would see prices go down. The next thing out of your keyboard will be the dreaded "speculators". Before you go there, be aware that they speculate that Obama is going to keep our supply low so that they can reap great profits.

Blah blah supply and demand...

Have you ever noticed when opec slows production due to an abundance of supply?

You ignore a tenet of free-market practices, which states prices are dictated by what the market is willing to bear.

Business don't lower prices when they can, they do it when they have to.

Isn't it cool that food and gas are not included in CPI? Yeah, it's a bump of another post. I mean how much impact do gasoline and food prices have on family's budget anyways?

I seriously hate this. we need a sane energy policy again. You know, one that doesnt block sources of energy for non-existant sources of energy that no one has invented yet.

Have you noticed that supply is up and demand is down, despite a slowly recovering economy, every year under Obama's leadership. You don't think energy efficiency and renewable sources is a good thing?

I wonder what's going to happen with all those Alaskan pipelines as the permafrost continues to melt?

Hey...Did youse guys hear that Romey and his wife are members of the horsey set?

That's great cause with Obama's energy policies, we're all going to have to go back to riding horses too. :cool:

Blah blah supply and demand...

Have you ever noticed when opec slows production due to an abundance of supply?

You ignore a tenet of free-market practices, which states prices are dictated by what the market is willing to bear.

Business don't lower prices when they can, they do it when they have to.

And when a government announces it's intention to find a better supplier, then their current supplier somehow manages to get those prices back down because they realize that the market is not willing to bear what they're currently charging.

I seriously hate this. we need a sane energy policy again. You know, one that doesnt block sources of energy for non-existant sources of energy that no one has invented yet.

Have you noticed that supply is up and demand is down, despite a slowly recovering economy, every year under Obama's leadership. You don't think energy efficiency and renewable sources is a good thing?

I wonder what's going to happen with all those Alaskan pipelines as the permafrost continues to melt?

If supply is up and demand is down, why are prices rising?

Those that gamble on the commodities market have to make some low tax money.

Those that gamble on the commodities market have to make some low tax money.

No, It just looks like the idiots in Washington can't figure out that if you have a drought that damages over a third of the nations corn crop, then maybe you should quit insisting that we burn a bunch of what's left for fuel. High corn prices are pushing high fuel prices which are in turn pushing the prices of EVERYTHING higher. Obama is a freaking idiot!!

Forum List

Back