Why are Democrats against Voter ID?

That's a problem for the citizen. My State of Alabama provide free voter ID's they will even send a mobile unit to you for one. Claims by the left that voter ID laws makes it harder to vote is complete bullshit.
Yes it is a problem for citizens with discrepancies in their ID trail. Unclear Birth Certificate, numerous name changes, marriages …

No vote for you!

Why local authorities go after cheaters? To keep elections as fair as they can. To let people know they won't get away with it. To uphold thd law.
As I keep saying, that is true for most states. But don't you deny voters ever cheat?

Yes it is a problem for citizens with discrepancies in their ID trail. Unclear Birth Certificate, numerous name changes, marriages …

No vote for you!
I ran into that problem in Idaho. I was born in CA and my Father and mom divorced. I took the name of her husband, my stepfather at the end of the 8th grade. I went to high school and all other legal matters with his last name. Here in CA I had my birth Certificate from CA with me and showed it to them. Two last names? YES. Solution? Idaho had me sign an affadavit telling them I am using my step dads last name and not my birth fathers. It was not difficult to handle. Women who divorce have that same problem.

Of course some people cheat. Every election, a couple of dozen people get caught, usually for voting twice or not being eligible.
Why do Democrats persist in saying blacks can't vote and are held back? That is illegal and the cops would be all over that. Which they are not.

Why do Democrats persist in saying blacks can't vote and are held back? That is illegal and the cops would be all over that. Which they are not.

Oh, I don't know, maybe because this country has a long history of voter suppression with things like Poll Taxes and Literacy Tests.

You and I know that Voter ID will be just like pretexual traffic stops. An excuse to screw with black people.

Because voter I.D is racist.
That is a crock of shit.

Presenting ID is a form of validating who you say you are. Since the founding of this country, the government has used means and processes available for people to validate who they present themselves to be.

If asking someone for their ID to vote is “racist”, then you and those who share that bullshit position need to answer why and how asking for ID in these situations is not racist:

• Entering a Government building
  • Flying on an airline
  • Getting a Prescription
  • Buying Alcohol
  • Entering the Democrat Convention

If Democrats were so concerned about the supposed lack of ID among Blacks, they would make an effort to close that gap so that Blacks would have access to the activities listed above. But, as I’ve seen with Democrats over the last 40 years, they are only “concerned” about Blacks not having ID every four years.

I ran into that problem in Idaho. I was born in CA and my Father and mom divorced. I took the name of her husband, my stepfather at the end of the 8th grade. I went to high school and all other legal matters with his last name. Here in CA I had my birth Certificate from CA with me and showed it to them. Two last names? YES. Solution? Idaho had me sign an affadavit telling them I am using my step dads last name and not my birth fathers. It was not difficult to handle. Women who divorce have that same problem.
Problem is with remarriages, children assume a new last name but it was not done legally
Someone who is a prick about voting will challenge your vote

This voter ID thing is horseshit! The people who want voter ID are racist pieces of shit! They want it to disenfranchise people of color.

Voter fraud is almost nonexistent. And since the Republican Party has nothing to offer the country that anyone would vote for, they channel all their energy into voter suppression.

Last edited:
Problem is with remarriages, children assume a new last name but it was not done legally
Someone who is a prick about voting will challenge your vote
Well I have voted using my step dads last name since John Kennedy so my track record is very long. The law is that one may do that for legal purposes.

Forum List

Back