Gas Prices Highest in 7 Years

No surprise there,

From the OPs story:
“The US is still feeling the effects of the gas price surge when there was a cyberattack on the Colonial Pipeline”

INCREASED DEMAND + DECREASED SUPPLY = HIGHER PRICES.

Democrats own high gas prices. Their policies under their watch.
The spike in gas prices isn’t policy driven, it’s supply driven as a direct result of a cyberattack on a major gas pipeline, or is it your contention that Democrat policies caused the cyberattack?

It would be a different story if Crime Family-D had actually enacted some policie(s) that was/were directly correlated to the current price increases but as far as I know they haven’t. I guess you could credit the ARA with increased demand to some degree but so far it doesn’t look like market analysts aren’t giving that much weight.

The spike in gas prices isn’t policy driven, it’s supply driven as a direct result of a cyberattack on a major gas pipeline, or is it your contention that Democrat policies caused the cyberattack?

It would be a different story if Crime Family-D had actually enacted some policie(s) that was/were directly correlated to the current price increases but as far as I know they haven’t. I guess you could credit the ARA with increased demand to some degree but so far it doesn’t look like market analysts aren’t giving that much weight.

Under obvious, gas prices are ultimately subject to Supply and Demand. Policies can help influence supply and demand. Sending a message to the markets that leases for drilling on Federal land have ceased, stopping a major infrastructure project, maintaining ban on off shore drilling, and commitment to unproven alternative energy sources collectively impact the market-driven price of gas.

Under obvious, gas prices are ultimately subject to Supply and Demand. Policies can help influence supply and demand. Sending a message to the markets that leases for drilling on Federal land have ceased, stopping a major infrastructure project, maintaining ban on off shore drilling, and commitment to unproven alternative energy sources collectively impact the market-driven price of gas.
You’ve pointed out some valid concerns, however those particulars were already baked into the equation as soon as the Democrats were put in the drivers seat (the market was already aware of those factors in November 2020).

What we’re talking about is the RECENT surge in gas prices following the supply disruption of the Colonial Pipeline, something which can’t reasonably be pinned on the current Administration. In fact one might argue that it’s the last Administration that failed to do anything regarding the cyber security of critical infrastructure (and I’m aware neither did Obama nor Bush II), they did a lot of jaw wagging about it but didn’t do anything of substance.

No surprise there,

From the OPs story:
“The US is still feeling the effects of the gas price surge when there was a cyberattack on the Colonial Pipeline”

INCREASED DEMAND + DECREASED SUPPLY = HIGHER PRICES.
That’s more bullshit than China played no role in the ChiCom Flu. You can hoard toilet paper, you can’t hoard gas.

It's my "contention" that Democrats don't really care if the price of gasoline increases...that for many of them...a price increase is seen as a good thing because it makes their "green energy" proposals more viable. Do you disagree?

Gas Prices Highest in 7 Years​

When tons of helocopter money drops from the sky it looses purchasing power. This is to be expected. It didn’t start with Capt. Depends, but his actions have accentuated the problem.
The only things that should be falling from helicopters are politicians and commie leftists.

It's my "contention" that Democrats don't really care if the price of gasoline increases...that for many of them...a price increase is seen as a good thing because it makes their "green energy" proposals more viable. Do you disagree?
In early 2008, candidate Obama told the San Francisco Chronicle that "under my plan ... electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket."

Obama was referring to his plan to cap greenhouse-gas emissions, which would, among other things, effectively choke off coal as an energy source. He was just as fond of high gasoline prices, telling CNBC in June 2008 — as gas prices shot up to $4 a gallon — that he "would have preferred a gradual adjustment."

Gas prices were going up before that happened. Furthermore, that might cause prices to increase on the East coast, but not for the entire country,

Anybody notice a pattern here? Carter, Clinton, Obama, and now Bi-Dumb. Gas prices ALWAYS go up under Democrat administrations.
Gas Meme.jpg

I have no problem with green energy. The problem I have is that it is not yet viable to run the economy like Oil is yet Democrats feel compelled to trash US Oil with no regards to the economy. Then again, Democrats love misery.

Forum List

Back