Gang members lie on Federal Background check forms, get guns illegally....gun control works?

Hey...shithead......let's try this...

Explain to us why kim foxx, democrat party prosecutor refused to charge the 5 gang members, caught on video, shooting at each other in the middle of a chicago street...with two of the shooters injured and captured at the scene of the shooting...

You tell us why she didn't press charges against them, and why they are still out there shooting people......

Because they're black, that's why. This is a totally racist administration. Lighthead wouldn't even allow media interviews from people unless they were not white.

Meanwhile....at the same time.....each year Americans use guns 1.2 million times a year to save lives...

No, they don't... but I'm betting you aren't counting the below in that number.

Hey...shithead......let's try this...

Explain to us why kim foxx, democrat party prosecutor refused to charge the 5 gang members, caught on video, shooting at each other in the middle of a chicago street...with two of the shooters injured and captured at the scene of the shooting...

Because the corrupt-ass CPD couldn't tell her who shot who or who fired the first shot.

No point going to court if every suspect in there could make an argument that they were just shooting in self-defense.

Sorry, that is ignorant.

First of all, less than 1% of guns in the US are used in crime, so your notion gun stores are deliberately selling to criminals is totally false.

Second is there is NO gun show loop hole.
I have purchased and sold about 20 guns, mostly at gun shows, and not once was one allowed without a full background check.
Why, because gun shows are always at government buildings, like state fair grounds, National Guard armories, etc., where they always require vendors to do full background checks. If a small vendor does not have the license or equipment, they share with the larger dealers who do.
I have done to hundreds of gun shows in over a dozen cities, and not once was able to bypass the mandatory background checks at any gun show.
It is true these is no law requiring background checks at gun shows, but they still all do it.

Depends on the state Dr Rigby. In at least a couple dozen states, an unlicensed dealer may sell any and all weapons at a gun show with no BG check. All the are required to do is take a quick glance at an ID to confirm they are 18 years of age. No record keeping required.

No, they don't... but I'm betting you aren't counting the below in that number.

Because the corrupt-ass CPD couldn't tell her who shot who or who fired the first shot.

No point going to court if every suspect in there could make an argument that they were just shooting in self-defense.

Moron.....you sit there and want to persecute gun stores, then defend democrat party prosecutors who have 5 gang members, on video.....illegally carrying and shooting guns at other gang members........two injured and in custody.....and fucking outright refuses to press charges against any of them...

You truly are fucking insane....

She did the same thing with the gang member who killed the little girl...the police actually tried to go around her with a judge and she called the police Superintendent to stop them...

Sure they can. And when the jury hears that gun store sold 850 guns that were eventually recovered in crimes in Chicago, they can draw their own conclusions.

You see, there's a reason why your iron has a label on it that says, "Do not iron clothes while wearing them". Because some idiot did that, burned himself and sued the iron company.

The background checks are inadequate.. that's the point.

If they had done an adequate background check on Joker Holmes, they'd have found out he was mentally ill and his university was in the process of throwing him out. NOT the kind of person you'd want to sell an AR-15 and a 100 round magazine to.

But he didn't have to. He just picked up the gun she left out for easy reach and shot her with it because she was going to put him in a home.

I disagree.
If an iron company puts a warning label on an iron due to a frivolous lawsuit, that does not show there should be more frivolous lawsuits, but fewer.
Irons get a lot hotter than people realize, especially how the steam penetrates the cloth.
But no one can fail to recognized the deadly nature of firearms.

Background checks are not inadequate, but our health care system is.
Before Reagan gutted our mental health care system, we did have much better means of recognizing the mentally ill and placing them under supervision.
Background checks just get the sellers access to the databases. That is not the problem.
The problem is no one wants to spend money on James Holmes, who clearly had to always have been totally crazy.
Everyone must have known he was crazy for years.
He was taking prescription drugs that are known to make people dangerous.
But none of the person's medical history gets into the background checks, because that would cost too much.

And I think you are mixing up cases.
James Holmes of the Aurora shooting did not get firearms from his mother, she was not in the process of throwing him out, and he did not shoot his mother.

The Aurora shooting is perfect evidence of how our for profit medical system is at fault, nothing else.
There was no one willing to pick up the cost of institutionalizing Holmes, even though it was obvious to everyone he should have been.

Depends on the state Dr Rigby. In at least a couple dozen states, an unlicensed dealer may sell any and all weapons at a gun show with no BG check. All the are required to do is take a quick glance at an ID to confirm they are 18 years of age. No record keeping required.

Wrong....a person can sell their private property to anyone they want.....any gun dealer has to do a background check.

Moron...he planned the attack for about 2 years.........it didn't matter what she did, he planned on getting those guns.....you moron.

He planned the attack for two years? How do we know that? Because they still haven't been able to tell us what his motives were, he completely destroyed his own computer that might have given us clues.

Can't find anything about that lawsuit except for what you posted which was a story at the end of April. Currently gun stores can't be sued unless it's proven they did something wrong. The story doesn't say these 850 people actually purchased the guns, it said they ended up in their hands.

I don't think it was one person who bought all 850, and if it was, then that's not a good sign, either.

there were 850 transactions, and not a ONE of them raised a red flag?

Or was this gun store really popular because they know that these guys aren't checking the IDs very hard.

Remember, these folks drove from Chicago to Gary, IN to buy guns. There are lots of gun stores in Chicago, why drive that extra distance, to Gary, which is kind of a shitty neighborhood to start with.

No, nothing at all to do with the state.
Laws have nothing to do with background checks at gun shows.
All gun shows always require a background check because that is part of the contract in order to be able to rent a table there.
Has nothing at all to do with laws.
I have gone to hundreds of gun show in dozens of states, and not one has ever allowed a gun sale without a background check, in the last 15 years.
I have never been to a state that required gun show background checks by law, and I don't even see how that could be possible.

Wrong....a person can sell their private property to anyone they want.....any gun dealer has to do a background check.

No. Not an unlicensed dealer at a gun show in around half the states.

I believe we’ve had this conversation before, I provided umpteen links and you STILL haven’t learned. :rolleyes:

I disagree.
If an iron company puts a warning label on an iron due to a frivolous lawsuit, that does not show there should be more frivolous lawsuits, but fewer.
Irons get a lot hotter than people realize, especially how the steam penetrates the cloth.
But no one can fail to recognized the deadly nature of firearms.
Uh, we have a lot more people die from guns than Irons.... so maybe not.

No, wait, 2AGuy is going to come up with a statistics that more people die of Iron injuries than Rare Model Assault rifles on Tuesdays, or something.

The problem is no one wants to spend money on James Holmes, who clearly had to always have been totally crazy.
Everyone must have known he was crazy for years.
He was taking prescription drugs that are known to make people dangerous.
But none of the person's medical history gets into the background checks, because that would cost too much.

They wouldn't have had to seen his medical records. His universtiy was in the process of throwing him out of his Ph.D program because of his increasing mental instability.

Again, goes back to my point, let the gun industry be sued for the guys like Holmes who slip through the cracks, and they WILL fill in the cracks.

So it turns out stricter gun control is needed then?

Thanks for pointing that out.

It is not and never can be illegal for people to purchase firearms just because they belong to a gang.
If that were true, then no police could carry firearms, because they obviously all belong to a gang. They even have gang colors.

What's wrong with that? The government does not have the right to know if or what firearms anyone owns. Your problem is you want to blame and punish law abiding citizens because you folks are too afraid to punish and blame actual criminals. The only person who should be punished if a felon buys a gun, is the felon.

No, nothing at all to do with the state.
Laws have nothing to do with background checks at gun shows.
All gun shows always require a background check because that is part of the contract in order to be able to rent a table there.
Has nothing at all to do with laws.
I have gone to hundreds of gun show in dozens of states, and not one has ever allowed a gun sale without a background check, in the last 15 years.
I have never been to a state that required gun show background checks by law, and I don't even see how that could be possible.

You are mistaken

Moron.....you sit there and want to persecute gun stores, then defend democrat party prosecutors who have 5 gang members, on video.....illegally carrying and shooting guns at other gang members........two injured and in custody.....and fucking outright refuses to press charges against any of them...

Well, three of them have a pretty good self-defense claim, as they lived in the house that was being fired upon. If they were white people, you'd be making them into NRA heroes.

The other two... you could make a better claim against, but the police can't tell you who fired the first shot.

"The detectives reached out to our office on Friday and acknowledged at the outset that given the chaotic nature at the scene, they were unable to determine how the events unfolded," the statement read. "We reviewed the evidence that was presented to us in consultation with the detectives, and they agreed we were unable to approve charges based on the evidence presented."

She did the same thing with the gang member who killed the little girl...the police actually tried to go around her with a judge and she called the police Superintendent to stop them...

Yes, heaven forbid the cops put down the fucking donuts and do an investigation. That 17% clearance rate is hard to maintain

Forum List

Back