Games without fans

I was thunking they should have fun with it.

Let 7 fans in a baseball game & tell them to really ham it up. Both teams would be wearing masks but tell them to hand-draw a smile or something on the mask (maybe wearing gowns as well).

When there's a big hit the announcer will say "THE FANS ARE GOING WILD" and the camera would zoom in on the 7 fans cheering :laughing0301:

Just curious who else thinks playing proffesional sports games in empty stadiums and arenas would be boring beyond words?

It would certainly be different. I do think it would at least give people something to watch while under quarantine. NHL is thinking of trying to finish the season, if they don't, it will cost them $1B.

If they had any brains, they'd work very hard to get back faster than other sports. The first league to get back, fans or not, stands to gain plenty of eyes that normally wouldn't watch. Even just out of curiousity.

Just curious who else thinks playing proffesional sports games in empty stadiums and arenas would be boring beyond words?

It would certainly be different. I do think it would at least give people something to watch while under quarantine. NHL is thinking of trying to finish the season, if they don't, it will cost them $1B.

If they had any brains, they'd work very hard to get back faster than other sports. The first league to get back, fans or not, stands to gain plenty of eyes that normally wouldn't watch. Even just out of curiousity.
I would try and watch but without the emotion and excitment of fans in the stands I feel like it would become very bland and boring quickly.

And $20.00 to watch a new Hollywood release on your comp. :auiqs.jpg:

Fat chance.
And $20.00 to watch a new Hollywood release on your comp

$20?

I paid $6 ea on youtube for 2 recent releases, (Bird of Prey, and Star Wars)

First runs. Straight to pay services when the theaters closed. When they first started out after the lockdown first-runs were $20.

No problem for me. Nothing I want to see that bad.

And $20.00 to watch a new Hollywood release on your comp. :auiqs.jpg:

Fat chance.
And $20.00 to watch a new Hollywood release on your comp

$20?

I paid $6 ea on youtube for 2 recent releases, (Bird of Prey, and Star Wars)

First runs. Straight to pay services when the theaters closed. When they first started out after the lockdown first-runs were $20.

No problem for me. Nothing I want to see that bad.

This may be my next rental

Tho I'm not a big vin diesel fan

Have any of you ever watched NCAA Womens' Soccer?

The stands are basically empty...mainly a handful of close friends and parents of the players.

Makes no difference. It is just as boring as watching the World Cup.

I guess the question is, would the advertisers still be willing to pay as much to sponsor the games? And, without the ticket revenues, are the teams/businesses viable?

Also, one wonders whether the performances and records accumulated in this bizarre chapter count?

For me personally, I would still watch tennis, golf, bowling, and baseball without people in the stands. I wouldn't waste my time watching football, hockey, or NBA basketball before, so no difference there.

The local cable sports network is replaying the Dallas Stars playoff wins from their Stanley Cup Championship season I had forgotten how much you could get away with in the playoffs back then.

Was that the Stars Cup win against the Sabres where Brett Hull had his toe in the crease on the winning goal in the Cup final? That was an auto "no goal" all year and of course, as some warned, it would happen during a game winning goal in a playoff series, that time it was for the Cup. Refs didn't look at the goal as they did every time, next year I think they removed that silly rule. Sabres were rightfully pissed.

From the years 1995 to about 2002 hockey was primarily boring, clutch and grab, "Trap" and concussion-filled hockey and dirty hits were far too common. It was during the only period I didn't even watch a Maple Leafs playoff game when they played the Sabres.

That's why as much as I like hard checking, hard effort grinding hockey, I much prefer the speed and skill today, where very few fights occur and they are due to real hate, retaliation, or, to guys trying to wake up their teams. Back then fights were just staged, all too common and harmful. We don't need more violence in this world. My favourite types of players were generally power forwards. We could use a few more like that, though the Bruins seem to always built, tough, relentless teams. I dislike them, but respect their effort.

I think it’ll take some time to get used to, but I’d rather watch games in empty stadiums than no games at all

Forum List

Back