Game of the year so far. Cowboys v 49ers. What's your prediction?

What is wrong with SF?

Lions have a bunch of people injured. So glad we have a bi week coming up.
Their QB is average at best.

Purdy's arm strength is such that he has to throw passes exceedingly early in the route. People were commenting about it during his "everyone thought he was elite period" how he was releasing the ball before his receivers were out of their breaks. He does that because he has to. He doesn't have the ability like Burrow, Mahomes or Allen to throw passes into tight windows if he waits. Teams figured that out. They are jumping routes, Add in,. Them playing from behind doesnt allow them to utilize the run game which sets up the play action which makes the field much cleaner for the QB throwing. When everyone isnt wide open it's tougher to make throws, and average QB's will struggle. Brock "linsanity" Purdy is an average to below average NFL QB and even on a stacked team like SF that's going to cause problems in today's NFL.

What is wrong with SF?

Lions have a bunch of people injured. So glad we have a bi week coming up.
A lot.

The biggest issue right now is the defense. For the people they have in place, and the money they’re spending on that side of the ball, we‘re getting torched. People are calling for the defensive coordinator to get fired. Our last few defensive coordinators landed head coaching jobs and this guy may be the problem.

Bosa doesn’t seem like the same guy he was before. Seems like he got paid and now he’s just there racking up his paychecks.

Our offensive line without Trent Williams looks incredible mediocre at best.

Purdy hasn’t been playing well. I don’t know if it’s the concussion stuff or if his confidence is rattled, but he‘s not playing at the same level.

Other than all that, we’re great. Except the rookie kicker is being a rookie kicker.

A lot.

The biggest issue right now is the defense. For the people they have in place, and the money they’re spending on that side of the ball, we‘re getting torched. People are calling for the defensive coordinator to get fired. Our last few defensive coordinators landed head coaching jobs and this guy may be the problem.

Bosa doesn’t seem like the same guy he was before. Seems like he got paid and now he’s just there racking up his paychecks.

Our offensive line without Trent Williams looks incredible mediocre at best.

Purdy hasn’t been playing well. I don’t know if it’s the concussion stuff or if his confidence is rattled, but he‘s not playing at the same level.

Other than all that, we’re great. Except the rookie kicker is being a rookie kicker.
This reminds me of what Steven A Smith said yesterday about Kawhi Leonard. That dude walks off the court, not limping, and suddenly he's out for the rest of the year. What happened?

I want to see him do good and beat the Lakers

Even though they now have Harden

This reminds me of what Steven A Smith said yesterday about Kawhi Leonard. That dude walks off the court, not limping, and suddenly he's out for the rest of the year. What happened?

I want to see him do good and beat the Lakers

Even though they now have Harden
Yea. Maybe he just doesn’t want it as much and doesn’t have that chip on his shoulder anymore. Who knows?

I think I’m over-simplifying the Bosa thing. I think the Rams really exposed an issue for us on defense where Puka went crazy on us and other teams are implementing the same blueprint, particularly Minnesota.

It seems like they’re hitting us with short, quick passes in one-on-one coverage before the D-Line can do any damage. They run misdirection stuff, all of which essentially takes Bosa out of the game. Later, when the QB drops back for a longer play, the D-Line isn’t able to generate any kind of rush. Maybe they’ve gotten tired or frustrated by this point, and then we just get picked apart. I think a competent DC should be able to figure out what to do about this.

Game of the Year (one of them) for games #15. DAL at MIA. LOL! Stopped at the 1/2 yd line opening drive. Then the Cowboys bobbled the next handoff and lost the ball. Oooohhhhh Tyreek just missed, right after.

lol! Next play TUA hits Waddle to nearly midfield. Cant make it up?

Yea. Maybe he just doesn’t want it as much and doesn’t have that chip on his shoulder anymore. Who knows?

I think I’m over-simplifying the Bosa thing. I think the Rams really exposed an issue for us on defense where Puka went crazy on us and other teams are implementing the same blueprint, particularly Minnesota.

It seems like they’re hitting us with short, quick passes in one-on-one coverage before the D-Line can do any damage. They run misdirection stuff, all of which essentially takes Bosa out of the game. Later, when the QB drops back for a longer play, the D-Line isn’t able to generate any kind of rush. Maybe they’ve gotten tired or frustrated by this point, and then we just get picked apart. I think a competent DC should be able to figure out what to do about this.
Today I think San Fran is one of the favorites to win it all.

It seems the only thing that will stop them is injuries.
That’s everyone.

Actually, the Lions are counting on it. Otherwise, I don’t think we can hang with the top tier teams. So a mix of

A. Good game plan
B. Any given Sunday
C. A few plays go our way
D. Injuries on other team

Omg! Yesterday it looked like the Vikings were going to beat us. If they did, we’d have to play Dallas in Dallas next, then Vikings again at home. Knowing the Lions, I would suspect they’d lose that game. Thus making us a wildcard playoff team. No home game. Probably lose in the first round. Now we have a chance to win a home game. Wow. Last time that happened goff wasn’t even born yet. He was still living in his dads balls.

Anyways, two key offensive guys got hurt yesterday on the Vikings. Had they not, the lions would still be looking for one more win with only two games to go. Whew.

Two were deflections but it was definitely Jackson's night. Lamar can look bad too sometimes but his athleticism is amazing.
5 interceptions now. LOL. Purdy is showing his flaws. I'm afraid this is not the 49rs year. I know, any given Sunday, but god damn. 5 interceptions?

5 interceptions now. LOL. Purdy is showing his flaws. I'm afraid this is not the 49rs year. I know, any given Sunday, but god damn. 5 interceptions?
I wouldn't stick a fork in the 49ers that fast. Tonight proves that all the top teams are beatable on any given night. I think the Ravens had a chip on their shoulder being a 6 point dog.

I wouldn't stick a fork in the 49ers that fast. Tonight proves that all the top teams are beatable on any given night. I think the Ravens had a chip on their shoulder being a 6 point dog.
If I had to put money on a team or teams right now

Eagles Ravens in the Superbowl and Ravens win.

If I had to put money on a team or teams right now

Eagles Ravens in the Superbowl and Ravens win.
The league seems to be watered down. Truthfully the best team that can win the championship can be any of several. Who they play in the playoffs and/or gets hot and/or makes the less mistakes and/or the refs do hurt or help with calls.

The league seems to be watered down. Truthfully the best team that can win the championship can be any of several. Who they play in the playoffs and/or gets hot and/or makes the less mistakes and/or the refs do hurt or help with calls.
Interesting. First off, if true, that's a good thing. If any team in the league, even the worse, has a chance against the best, that's a good thing. Look at the Detroit Pistons. We wish the NBA was watered down. LOL.

Secondly, I heard a sports guy on sports talk say "really, there are only a select few teams7who are serious contenders". And you can pretty much name them. Funny thing is, Detroit may not even be on the list. 11-4 and not on that list.

But I feel you. Yes, any team in the playoffs can get hot that day, the other team could have a bad day, the refs could make a couple bad calls, one key player gets injured.

Would you prefer best out of 7 or 2 out of 3?

Dolphins
Chiefs

Ravens
Jaquars, Colts or Texans

Eagles
49rs

Buccs
Detroit

2 out of 3 tournament. No wildcards. If each series went 3 it would be 9 football games. If you can beat each opponent in 2, it would be 6 football games. That's a lot of football games to win a Superbowl.

Forum List

Back